PDA

View Full Version : How to Port Forward to host an FG game - An FG module

Gwydion
July 30th, 2018, 13:47
Good morning, all. So I've been thinking about creating a module to walk through the basics of first time port forwarding for those that aren't sure where to start. To be clear, this will not replace the technical support here of course if you really get stuck, but it walks you through the basics in hopefully a simple format. Just put the module in your file folder like any other module, load or create a 5e campaign and once FG launches, find the module in your library and open it.

When you open the module, you will find story entries that walk you through a step by step process on how to port forward. I cleaned up one of the images this morning and will try and save better images later. Also, for some reason I'm having some computer issues this morning and haven't been able to change the ruleset from 5e to "Any". So, right now you need to open this within the 5e ruleset (which is why I posted this here). When I figure out why I'm having permission issues on my computer later, I will change that so others can open this as well.

I hope someone finds this useful! Any feedback or ways to enhance this would be appreciated. I'm happy to improve on this if folks find it useful.

Sidmandoo
October 11th, 2018, 04:06
This helped me immensely. The only addition I would say to the module is that the network utility for setting a static IP address on portforward.com can be used for free in the trial form.
That utility was also really helpful.

Thanks for putting this together. I really appreciated it!
-Sid

Oberoten
October 11th, 2018, 04:25
This needs to be made into a sticky thread so it can be found for new GMs.
- Obe

Gwydion
October 11th, 2018, 14:01
So glad this was helpful! Zacchaeus, if you see this, can you sticky this with some of the other free mods here or maybe house of healing or something? Thanks!