PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the dice...

realistik
June 1st, 2006, 01:05
So just to clarify and make sure that I'm indeed not completely off my rocker...

It's IMPOSSIBLE to move the row of dice to a different location on the screen, right? I know that there's no way to get rid of them at the moment, and that's fine, but it'd be nice if there were a way (like there is with everything else on the screen) to relocate the dice line.

Anyway, just looking for confirmation before I waste another hour. Thanks for your time.

LordTomar
June 1st, 2006, 01:36
im pretty sure the only way to move the dice standard location, the one they go to when you reset their position, is to modify the rule set.

realistik
June 1st, 2006, 02:23
Modify the ruleset _where_? After our first couple of sessions with the new ruleset, we decided to change some things, including making the chat box bigger. Works great except that now the dice are lined up about 1/4 the way from the bottom of the chat area.

joeru
June 1st, 2006, 05:41
In rulesets\ruleset name\data\gameelements.xml .

realistik
June 1st, 2006, 16:06
Thanks joeru! I'd somehow convinced myself that those numbers weren't the coordinates of the dice. Anyway, all set up now, thanks to you guys.

Snikle
October 8th, 2006, 07:23
Has anyone been able to confirm that there is no way to remove them completely? Tried many things, I especially like giving them no position setting, on boot up, they fly in from off screen somewhere.

joshuha
October 8th, 2006, 14:58
Currently no. In 2.0 there should be a way to get rid of them. What I did was create a dummy character called diceholder and always log him on first. My ruleset relocates all the dice but the D20 to be stacked on his potrait. Its pretty effective and since its the top left corner no matter what the screen resolution they dont move (which would happen if they were say in the right corner).

Snikle
October 8th, 2006, 17:14
Do the dice float above his portrait then, or below it?

joshuha
October 9th, 2006, 04:11
Floats above:

https://www.fg-resources.com/images/ss2.jpg