PDA

View Full Version : conection for DMing

simfive
July 29th, 2018, 11:35
Hi, I need some help please getting Fantasy Grounds to work for DMing. I get a test fail at the beginning and ive tried to see if the 1802 port is opened but I get a connection timed out response from the canuseeme website. I've added a static IP and added the port 1802 to my router in port Forwarding and I'm still unable to connect. What am I doing wrong?

damned
July 29th, 2018, 12:20
Hey simfive

Firstly make sure your network connection in windows is set to a Private Profile
If you check the WAN/External IP address that FG shows is it the same as the WAN/Internet address on your router?
If it is not you will need to speak with your ISP or look at the Port Forwarding Alternatives post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43607-Port-Forward-Alternatives

simfive
July 29th, 2018, 23:30
Hi damned

The first two of your check list are all what they should be and I've also turned off my antivirus firewall to see if that was blocking and it wasn't. What other issue could it be? I will try an alternative if you suggest but I know a couple of my players even me included are not very computer savy. so it would be so much better if I could just fi my computer. Thanks for the help!!! Am I supposed to have ultimate subscription before I can join my own game as a player?

damned
July 29th, 2018, 23:39
Are you at home right now?
Send me your email address by PM if you want me to have a quick look with you.

damned
July 30th, 2018, 00:53
Added a rule to allow TCP 1802 from anywhere in McAfee
Pointed the newly defined FG service to the GM computer in Port Forwarding

All working now.

simfive
July 30th, 2018, 01:05
A big thank you to damned, your a legend