PDA

View Full Version : Organizing the Story book

John_Geeshu
June 1st, 2006, 00:40
I am preparing to run my first FG D&D gaming session tomorrow evening and in the process of straightening up my plot elements. I haven't had much luck however organizing my various story book pages. I tried numbering each one, but after you hit 10, FG gets confused and things get out of order, with 10, 121, 12, etc., placed above 2 on the list.

Apart from making a master Story book page with links to every page in the story book, is there another way to organize the story book pages?

kalmarjan
June 1st, 2006, 01:28
Yep.

2 things:

1) Tabs. They are your best friend

2) Numbering like this: 001, 002.... 010.... 100 etc.

If you have entries into the thousands, simply add an extra 0 in front.

That should work for you :)

Sandeman

Ablefish
June 1st, 2006, 17:26
Best advice I can give is to create your story in modules. As you convert each section of the adventure, export them as modules. This way you can just activate the module you need as you're running your game. Keeps your storybook a lot cleaner.

Griogre
June 1st, 2006, 18:17
I like modules but I do perfer to treat them like hardcopy modules. If there are multiple levels/chapters in a module I use tabs in the modules to seperate them instead of doing a seperate module for each level.

As Sandeman mentioned, encounters are sorted by alphabetical (ansi/unicode) sort, not numeric, use leading zeros to get them to sort like numbers.