damned
July 29th, 2018, 01:05
Awesome news Cato!

spite
July 29th, 2018, 09:36
Very excited for this

Halfront
July 29th, 2018, 10:51
I don't have any programming skills, but I would be willing to type in for the data tables if needed:)

Valyar
July 29th, 2018, 15:20
Have you decided on which ruleset you will base it?

Skellan
July 29th, 2018, 17:22
Colour me interested. Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

At this stage, just a character sheet would be awesome

Martin2301
July 30th, 2018, 03:26
Very pleased to see this,

Cerulean Shaman
August 1st, 2018, 01:12
Thanks, I'm using MoreCore right now to get things started for my group, but official support would be delightful.

Valyar
August 1st, 2018, 09:16
I don't think there will be official support from Cubicle 7, but community ruleset is definitely something that should happen :)

Cerulean Shaman
August 1st, 2018, 09:22
I don't think there will be official support from Cubicle 7, but community ruleset is definitely something that should happen :)

Well, I meant unofficial official support. Fantasy grounds really doesn't have all that much official support outside the mega-popular games it seems, which makes sense, as there are a ton of games out there. Still, I've used community rulesets for some of them and they're more than good enough in many cases. A few tweaks aesthetically and you're good to go.

Aethaeryn
August 4th, 2018, 01:52
Well, I meant unofficial official support. Fantasy grounds really doesn't have all that much official support outside the mega-popular games it seems, which makes sense, as there are a ton of games out there. Still, I've used community rulesets for some of them and they're more than good enough in many cases. A few tweaks aesthetically and you're good to go.

Awesome. I am looking to GM or play in a game for sure.

Blue Haven
August 6th, 2018, 15:30
Can't wait to take a look at this one :P
Please use the symbol from the rulebook in the GM portrait, the one with the skull and the cross :)

Valyar
August 6th, 2018, 17:43
I know it might be too early, but I am hungry for something new - do you have mockups to show, pre-pre-pre-alpha? :D

kjbrona
August 6th, 2018, 22:02
The group I am with is looking to convert from 3rd to 4th as soon as we have a viable ruleset.
I have the pre-release PDF and can start adding rollable tables and equipment lists.
I know basic scripting but the full ruleset is beyond me. I would really like to help with troubleshooting/testing.

Paul Pratt
August 6th, 2018, 23:40
Tables and equipment lists, be careful with copyrights... some things can be built for personal use, but can not be shared. Game mechanics only, no decriptions, no art. Makes some tables and gear a shaky line to walk.

spite
August 8th, 2018, 07:38
Also, do note they have said there will be some big changes to the combat section in the final iteration so maybe hold off on any major work until that's done or you might have to retread a lot of stuff.

phillgamboa
August 28th, 2018, 00:30
Waiting for this ruleset!!!

Quintil
September 6th, 2018, 16:54
Any news about the development? Which features would be implemented, barring tables?

I would love to help but I'm a total newb with coding.

Flyndad123
September 12th, 2018, 21:02
Anybody? Anybody?... Hello?/ McFly?...

damned
September 13th, 2018, 00:52
Anybody? Anybody?... Hello?/ McFly?...

Welcome Flyndad123

Rulesets take a long time to build.
They are generally built by community members in their own time.
Pushing, poking, prodding generally doesnt make them go faster - words of encouragement do help.

Flyndad123
September 13th, 2018, 19:19
Welcome Flyndad123

Rulesets take a long time to build.
They are generally built by community members in their own time.
Pushing, poking, prodding generally doesnt make them go faster - words of encouragement do help.

Umm,... I wouldn't classify my comment as "pushing", "poking", or "prodding". It was actually my attempt to be slightly lighthearted about getting a response from the ORIGINAL message poster of this thread. The fact that the person who originally posted that they were working on a Ruleset for WFRP 4e has not been heard from since that original post back in July (3 months ago) of course begs the question if they are still, or plan to, create one. I thought a little lightheartedness would be better than, "Hey! You still doing this or what?" Because if they aren't it might encourage someone else to potentially start one. Also, this thread might discourage someone from starting one.

So the question still stands: Is the original poster of this thread working on, or planning to work on, a Ruleset for WFRP 4e. There has been a lot of discussion on the WFRP Discord server about VTT for this new game and unfortunately, while several people have inquired about a Fantasy Grounds Ruleset, the Roll20 folks have completely taken over the conversation with updates and images of what is being created and worked on.

I am not only trying to support the very latest edition of a game I love, but also support Fantasy Grounds in having a Ruleset for a fairly popular game knowing that Roll20 folks are moving very quickly with theirs.

I find it somewhat irresponsible to boldly announce the beginning of the creation of a ruleset and then not follow up, at all, for 3 months! I know it takes time to create a ruleset and requires skills that I do not posses, but to go 1/4 of an entire year without ANY updates or even so much as a check in to say "Hi Guys. Progress is slow, but I'm still trying to put this together." borders on rude .. Is it "pushing" to expect maybe at least a once a month "check in" to let those who may be interested in the Ruleset and are following this thread know what is going on? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows?

So I am sorry if you feel I was antagonizing the Original Poster by my comment, but if they aren't working on this anymore, maybe someone else in the community could begin to take the lead on creating one. (Better yet, Maybe one of the owners of Smiteworks could pick up the phone and simply ASK Cubicle7 or GW if they would be interested in creating some OFFICIAL content for their new game on the Fantasy Grounds VTT)

damned
September 14th, 2018, 08:53
Umm,... I wouldn't classify my comment as "pushing", "poking", or "prodding". It was actually my attempt to be slightly lighthearted about getting a response from the ORIGINAL message poster of this thread. The fact that the person who originally posted that they were working on a Ruleset for WFRP 4e has not been heard from since that original post back in July (3 months ago) of course begs the question if they are still, or plan to, create one. I thought a little lightheartedness would be better than, "Hey! You still doing this or what?" Because if they aren't it might encourage someone else to potentially start one. Also, this thread might discourage someone from starting one.

All good.

So the question still stands: Is the original poster of this thread working on, or planning to work on, a Ruleset for WFRP 4e. There has been a lot of discussion on the WFRP Discord server about VTT for this new game and unfortunately, while several people have inquired about a Fantasy Grounds Ruleset, the Roll20 folks have completely taken over the conversation with updates and images of what is being created and worked on.

I am not only trying to support the very latest edition of a game I love, but also support Fantasy Grounds in having a Ruleset for a fairly popular game knowing that Roll20 folks are moving very quickly with theirs.

Roll20 stuff is developed faster - but cannot be programmed to the same depth. The depth takes much longer to code.

I find it somewhat irresponsible to boldly announce the beginning of the creation of a ruleset and then not follow up, at all, for 3 months! I know it takes time to create a ruleset and requires skills that I do not posses, but to go 1/4 of an entire year without ANY updates or even so much as a check in to say "Hi Guys. Progress is slow, but I'm still trying to put this together." borders on rude .. Is it "pushing" to expect maybe at least a once a month "check in" to let those who may be interested in the Ruleset and are following this thread know what is going on? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows?

So I am sorry if you feel I was antagonizing the Original Poster by my comment, but if they aren't working on this anymore, maybe someone else in the community could begin to take the lead on creating one. (Better yet, Maybe one of the owners of Smiteworks could pick up the phone and simply ASK Cubicle7 or GW if they would be interested in creating some OFFICIAL content for their new game on the Fantasy Grounds VTT)

the ruleset is still in progress.
to put it in context a ruleset often takes a year or longer - sometimes much longer.
its been summer time where the dev lives - maybe they are outside enjoying the sun - they will post an update when they are ready to.

SmiteWorks dont have the available resources to take on another ruleset themselves. Their internal resources are fully allocated to other projects.

Here are a couple of additional screen shots for you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24622
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24623
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24624

Halfront
September 14th, 2018, 13:45
If it's going to look that good...I for one can be very patient :)

Thanks for using "words" n the Theme vs pictures...I'm old and words are better for me ha ha.

Ravenclaw74
September 14th, 2018, 13:51
By Sigmar's Beard those screenshots look nice!

EternalOne
September 14th, 2018, 17:48
Those screenshots look amazing. This is the kind of finesse that won me over from Roll20.

Since this is not an official Smiteworks project, I gather this is a volunteer effort?

If so, have you thought about a patreon for this project? I would love to support the effort in a way I could!

Valyar
September 14th, 2018, 18:02
Let's not try to have the guy jailed :)

LordEntrails
September 14th, 2018, 18:59
Since this is not an official Smiteworks project, I gather this is a volunteer effort? ...
Maybe, some community developed rulesets are purely volunteer efforts and are released via the forums for free. Some require more licensing and SmiteWorks gets involved in the administration of them (usually not development) and they get placed in the FG Store and a price charged (see C&C for a store example).

I don't think it's been said yet where this one will end up.

damned
September 14th, 2018, 19:38
some clarification may be required here - I am not involved in the project in any way - Im just sharing some info on it

there is a lot to get through yet before community vs other is decided.

Blue Haven
September 14th, 2018, 20:29
I have no words...the screenshots told everything...
Thank you so much and i hope to see more soon :)

aqua4426
September 15th, 2018, 01:03
nice

Paul Pratt
September 15th, 2018, 05:00
Cato is doing graphics and coding. It is an enormous amount of work. It took me 6 months of work, almost 2-3 hours a night at least 5-6 nights a week to finish 40k Multiset with graphics and coding. With the progress Cato has showed me so far, he has done a lot. The issue is he doesn't visit these forums that much. He is on Discord though. His info is in the first post.

Skellan
September 15th, 2018, 17:18
This is the most exciting FG thing ever....

CatoThe1stElder
September 15th, 2018, 19:35
Have you decided on which ruleset you will base it?
Evening Valyar!

.......I have been building this ruleset based on CoreRPG. As such, any extension that works with CoreRPG should work with my ruleset. For instance, so far I have tested successfully that my ruleset works with dulux-oz's extensions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension).

Regards,
Edmund L.

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

CatoThe1stElder
September 15th, 2018, 19:39
Can't wait to take a look at this one :P
Please use the symbol from the rulebook in the GM portrait, the one with the skull and the cross :)
Hey Blue Haven!

.......Will do! Just to clarify, is this skull and cross you are referring? If so, I already made my own version based off this for the GM icon! :)
https://i.imgur.com/Tns3PMx.png?1https://i.imgur.com/IhLiZQC.png?1

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

CatoThe1stElder
September 15th, 2018, 19:44
I know it might be too early, but I am hungry for something new - do you have mockups to show, pre-pre-pre-alpha? :D
Hey Valyar!

.......I added a gallery link in the original post showing off progress pictures. Feel free to check it out!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

CatoThe1stElder
September 15th, 2018, 19:47
Those screenshots look amazing. This is the kind of finesse that won me over from Roll20.

Since this is not an official Smiteworks project, I gather this is a volunteer effort?

If so, have you thought about a patreon for this project? I would love to support the effort in a way I could!

Hey Eternal!

.......To answer your question, this is a solo volunteer effort to create a community (free) ruleset for WFRP 4th edition. I just updated my original post to describe more regarding this project. Also added a part concerning monetary donations.

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Martin2301
September 15th, 2018, 20:45
Very nice work! Im impress!

dmbrown
September 16th, 2018, 00:23
This looks awesome! You should seriously approach Smiteworks when this is ready. Maybe they can show it to the publishers and get an official license. I believe they mentioned something about an official 40k ruleset. I know my group would be interested in using this and would support an official one as well.

Keep up the good work!

Blue Haven
September 19th, 2018, 22:08
That´s the skull i like ;)
I´m amazed with all those pictures :) will you make various backgrounds pics so we can change like the the FG logo? That would be cool :)
Can´t wait to test it out friend :)
Big Hugs :)

CatoThe1stElder
September 19th, 2018, 22:15
That´s the skull i like ;)
I´m amazed with all those pictures :) will you make various backgrounds pics so we can change like the the FG logo? That would be cool :)
Can´t wait to test it out friend :)
Big Hugs :)
Afternoon mate!

.......To clarify, the main background you are seeing is simply a decal. As such, I have provided the option in game to change the decal to various backdrops that I have already premade. Bear in mind, I also plan on doing complete theme overhauls for this ruleset. Lastly, I am more than happy to provide the Photoshop file (.PSD) so the community can make their own creations. Hope this answers your question!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

P.S. Here is the decal cycle option (https://i.imgur.com/SrVSzF7.jpg) I was talking about.

Blue Haven
September 20th, 2018, 13:58
Decal!!! That's the word i forgot yesterday...sorry for the confusion, we were talking about the same thing but i forgot the word sorry...
Thank you so much for your amazing work :)

Oberoten
September 21st, 2018, 09:16
This looks glorious. :) I had started on a ruleset for my group's perusal but this looks so much better. :) I shall eagerly await both this and my preordered collectors edition WH4.

- Obe

CatoThe1stElder
September 22nd, 2018, 07:44
This looks glorious. :) I had started on a ruleset for my group's perusal but this looks so much better. :) I shall eagerly await both this and my preordered collectors edition WH4.

- Obe
Evening Oberoten!

.......Thanks for the warm praise! I will make sure to deliver. :)

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

thecodex101
October 2nd, 2018, 15:23
This looks excellent.... Is there anything you can outsource to mere mortals such as I to assist?

Really looking forward to using wityh my group

Flyndad123
October 2nd, 2018, 18:42
Since I made such hay about any news on this ruleset several pages prior, I would like to publicly thank CatoThe1stElder for the update with my sincerest and humble gratitude.

The work is stunningly gorgeous and I think we all don't mind waiting for such wonderful work.

I think I just drooled a little bursting with excitement.

I am all in for compensating when/if you announce.

Thanks again. :o

Nylanfs
October 2nd, 2018, 19:09
Welcome Codex to the forums and FG Community, also to Flyndad if nobody has done so yet. :)

CatoThe1stElder
October 3rd, 2018, 23:26
Since I made such hay about any news on this ruleset several pages prior, I would like to publicly thank CatoThe1stElder for the update with my sincerest and humble gratitude.

The work is stunningly gorgeous and I think we all don't mind waiting for such wonderful work.

I think I just drooled a little bursting with excitement.

I am all in for compensating when/if you announce.

Thanks again. :o
Evening Flyndad123!

.......No worries about the early events. You were definitely rightfully concerned about my lack of updates. Anyhow, take care and I look forward to showing you more!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

CatoThe1stElder
October 3rd, 2018, 23:32
This looks excellent.... Is there anything you can outsource to mere mortals such as I to assist?

Really looking forward to using wityh my group

Evening thecodex101!

.......While I definitely plan on publishing my ruleset’s repository (a.k.a project code) on GitHub, I am going to have to wait till it is fully commented and outlined. Last thing I want to do is present a mess of code to the community and cause even more confusion. In the meantime though, feel free to checkout my Google Sheet of all the default WFRP 4th Ed. monster stats and some of my own creations (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C7HnSHbZZlhREEL9_wdpyPFzDi_ba9mRMkS08RbKYYs/edit?usp=sharing). Please bear in mind that the homebrew content is a work in progress. As always, take care and have a wonderful day!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Skellan
October 12th, 2018, 21:07
I am fine with this ruleset having little or no automation. I think that there will be a lot of houserules and table variation with 4e and everyone will run it a bit differently.

CatoThe1stElder
October 13th, 2018, 20:12
I am fine with this ruleset having little or no automation. I think that there will be a lot of houserules and table variation with 4e and everyone will run it a bit differently.

Afternoon, Skellan!

.......While I understand your comment, I still want to pursue this ruleset with having as much automation as possible. I have played with some other rulesets that have little to no automation. In the end, as time flew by, these rulesets just became tedious.

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Skellan
October 13th, 2018, 21:19
Fair enough, I understand that :) Thanks for your work and the update

MMOaddicted
October 15th, 2018, 03:46
Hey there Cato, how is it coming along? (Translation just finish this darn thing so I can throw some money at you in gratitude as I cannot help because my very touch makes computers explode (true story)) all jokes aside, the preview images look badass, it's snazzy as nine hells.

CatoThe1stElder
October 15th, 2018, 05:14
Hey there Cato, how is it coming along? (Translation just finish this darn thing so I can throw some money at you in gratitude as I cannot help because my very touch makes computers explode (true story)) all jokes aside, the preview images look badass, it's snazzy as nine hells.

Evening, MMOaddicted!

.......In short, development is going along well. I am wrapping up implementing the combat system and retexturing some more windows. Not gonna lie, development has been quite hectic in trying to balance my social life, school, working out, and this, but things are (happily) winding down! In the end, be assured that progress is steady and consistent. There was simply a lot to get done first. I hope this clarifies and take care!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

MMOaddicted
October 15th, 2018, 05:49
Sure does, no rush and never neglect yourself. And ugh working out, I should probably start that up again, had a rather bad brush with a hospital and the steroids I was on ****ed me up, does running with a pupper count as excercise? I sure hope it does. Anyways, I am off to the daily grind myself. If you ever need anything an amateur can provide (like play testing, trust me I can break apart any ruleset, which might be a good thing for finding bugs :D) hit me up, I really should start giving back to the community more, FG helped me reignite my passion for RP after years of just burning the candle on both ends and wasting away working. Anyways as your formal style makes me feel insecure ;).
Regards,
MMOaddicted aka Michael who really needs to start using a new handle because this one dates back to vanilla WoW.

Oberoten
October 15th, 2018, 11:28
Evening, MMOaddicted!

.......In short, development is going along well. I am wrapping up implementing the combat system and retexturing some more windows. Not gonna lie, development has been quite hectic in trying to balance my social life, school, working out, and this, but things are (happily) winding down! In the end, be assured that progress is steady and consistent. There was simply a lot to get done first. I hope this clarifies and take care!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

We have faith in you. :) What has been shown so far makes it worth the wait, so do what you need to feel happy and healthy about it. :) We can wait.

Ravenclaw74
October 15th, 2018, 22:37
Wait? What do you mean wait? My next session is this Friday!

j/k

NineShadowEyes
October 16th, 2018, 09:07
Holy crap this is awesome. Can't wait for the finished product. Will certainly be supporting this.

Pepor
October 19th, 2018, 08:00
It looks really cool! Thank you very much. I am really looking forward to its release.

goodmanje
October 20th, 2018, 15:20
Looki g forward to this. Already trying to come up with some adventures to run!

Blue Haven
October 20th, 2018, 15:30
I'm starting a 2nd edition campaign just to warming up for this :P
Thank you :)

Flyndad123
October 26th, 2018, 04:31
Thanks, I'm using MoreCore right now to get things started for my group, but official support would be delightful.

You wouldn't happen to have any mods put together you would be interested in sharing would you? Or even a character sheet? I have been trying to work on one but to little avail as I am quite new to FG.

CatoThe1stElder
October 29th, 2018, 11:02
You wouldn't happen to have any mods put together you would be interested in sharing would you? Or even a character sheet? I have been trying to work on one but to little avail as I am quite new to FG.

Morning, Flyndad123!

.......I can send you an alpha build to auto-calculate calculate success levels regarding characteristics, skills, and weapons. Bear in mind, that this is still an incomplete version that does not have a fully fleshed out combat, talent, or magic system. I would primarily use this version as a skill/characteristic roll calculator. I hope this still helps and apologies for the wait!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Flyndad123
October 29th, 2018, 15:28
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYUTHANKYOUTHA NKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU !!! :) Just picture a few hundred thousand "We're not Worthy" memes.

MMOaddicted
October 29th, 2018, 16:48
I could use that too! I've been obsessing over a campaign I wrote for my best friend and he's been getting anxious :D. TBH all I need is a skill roller I can do the rest of the math XD. Will keep me on my toes, the automatisation in 5e had me woefully unprepared to run a real world game for my friends. I got lazy :D. And do not apologise for anything you saint you.

CatoThe1stElder
October 29th, 2018, 17:43
I could use that too! I've been obsessing over a campaign I wrote for my best friend and he's been getting anxious :D. TBH all I need is a skill roller I can do the rest of the math XD. Will keep me on my toes, the automatisation in 5e had me woefully unprepared to run a real world game for my friends. I got lazy :D. And do not apologise for anything you saint you.
Morning, MMOaddicted!

.......Ask and you shall recieve! Click here to download the alpha version (https://app.box.com/s/f5dwz184v7l8kq3h2td3aad7kzzy8bec).

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

MMOaddicted
October 29th, 2018, 18:01
Praised be our first 4e saint :P. This is going to be a great surprise for tonight!

Nylanfs
October 29th, 2018, 18:38
Praised be our first 4e saint :P. This is going to be a great surprise for tonight!

That sounds like Heresy to me (https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/856/938/717.jpg)

MMOaddicted
October 29th, 2018, 19:22
Sure it is (https://pics.me.me/the-heresy-train-has-no-brakes-35454646.png)

Pepor
October 29th, 2018, 20:09
Morning, MMOaddicted!

.......Ask and you shall recieve! Click here to download the alpha version (https://app.box.com/s/f5dwz184v7l8kq3h2td3aad7kzzy8bec).

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Thank you very much!! Trying it in 3, 2, 1...

Transmission89
October 29th, 2018, 20:18
Just a general fantasy ground question but related. If I download the Alpha of this lovely work (thank you very much btw!!) and enter data, when you release the beta and final, will I have to re enter the data again or is it just the module I will overwrite?

Many thanks, keep up the good work

CatoThe1stElder
October 30th, 2018, 07:53
Just a general fantasy ground question but related. If I download the Alpha of this lovely work (thank you very much btw!!) and enter data, when you release the beta and final, will I have to re enter the data again or is it just the module I will overwrite?

Many thanks, keep up the good work
Evening, Transmission89!

.......Considering the amount of changes that are still to be done, you will most likely have to re-enter the data. Apologies for this inconvenience. If you would like, please feel free to message me and I can quickly do it for you to ensure the process goes over smoothly. Take care and I hope this clarifies!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Transmission89
October 30th, 2018, 09:13
Thank you for your reply. There’s no need to apologise! I can see a lot of work and passion has gone into this project and understand that it’s still a work in progress. Keep up the fantastic work!

MMOaddicted
October 30th, 2018, 12:03
Yup, I figured as much myself. Can someone help me figure out what is the cubicle 7 eula on this? I read too much legal banter at work to get into this in my free time. I want to know whether after the ruleset is done it would be legal to publish a module with statistics entered for the NPCs, I am aware that names and fluff are likely copyrighted and cannot be spread around, but labelling the entries with like page numbers or something, could that fly? Asking as I will be making one for my personal use so would love to know if I can share it. I know NPCs are not yet done and no pressure on that, if someone wants it I will likely have a module with the bestiary entered in some way shape or form into the thing by the weekend, so far I am simply labeling the attribute with a number and adding a 1d100 roll, I got to calculate success myself but that is simple math :D.
PS
A suggestion, as cool as having movement and wounds auto calculate based on named race, would it be hard to make it so it can be edited for homebrew races when the race name is not recognised? or at least enabling that ctrl+ mouse wheel adjustment some rulesets have for them? I might be in the minority, but that while cool always felt a bit cumbersome to me. Then again i make inordinate amounts of homebrew and the first campaign I am running in this edition has my players being Norscans, (I am converting some 2e stuff, and some 2e homebrew)

Anyways, no pressure and have a good one everyone, thanks again Cato, Tzeench blessed you well to be able to wrap your head around ruleset development. ;)

damned
October 30th, 2018, 13:08
NPC statblocks cannot be copyrighted.
NPC names can be.
And fluff text is.

I would suggest that there is a very high likelihood that there will be a commercial reference manual etc available for this down the track - by Cato.

CatoThe1stElder
October 30th, 2018, 22:12
Yup, I figured as much myself. Can someone help me figure out what is the cubicle 7 eula on this? I read too much legal banter at work to get into this in my free time. I want to know whether after the ruleset is done it would be legal to publish a module with statistics entered for the NPCs, I am aware that names and fluff are likely copyrighted and cannot be spread around, but labelling the entries with like page numbers or something, could that fly? Asking as I will be making one for my personal use so would love to know if I can share it. I know NPCs are not yet done and no pressure on that, if someone wants it I will likely have a module with the bestiary entered in some way shape or form into the thing by the weekend, so far I am simply labeling the attribute with a number and adding a 1d100 roll, I got to calculate success myself but that is simple math :D.
PS
A suggestion, as cool as having movement and wounds auto calculate based on named race, would it be hard to make it so it can be edited for homebrew races when the race name is not recognised? or at least enabling that ctrl+ mouse wheel adjustment some rulesets have for them? I might be in the minority, but that while cool always felt a bit cumbersome to me. Then again i make inordinate amounts of homebrew and the first campaign I am running in this edition has my players being Norscans, (I am converting some 2e stuff, and some 2e homebrew)

Anyways, no pressure and have a good one everyone, thanks again Cato, Tzeench blessed you well to be able to wrap your head around ruleset development. ;)
Afternoon, MMOaddicted!

.......First off, considering a module/reference manual, I am currently working on a personal one just of my use. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be able to work out a situation where Cubicle7 and Smiteworks could approve it as a valid commercial product. Anyhow, regarding custom user entry for pc movement and wounds, that is definitely achievable and I will make sure to include that feature in my next alpha release. Till then, take care!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

Samzagas
October 31st, 2018, 05:39
Knowing that this ruleset in on the works makes me very happy.
I look forward to seeing it released.

Oberoten
October 31st, 2018, 14:08
Stellar job, the alpha version looks sleek and seems to have places for every counter we could wish for. Now if just my dang collector's edition rulebook were to turn up... Any day now.

- Obe

karnson
November 2nd, 2018, 22:46
Just purchased a pdf of the ruleset so I can't wait to try this mod, thanks so much!!

Martin2301
November 3rd, 2018, 01:38
Sorry but is it my system but i can't see the progress pictures!

damned
November 3rd, 2018, 01:52
Sorry but is it my system but i can't see the progress pictures!

The only pics are in Post 1 and Post 22.

Martin2301
November 3rd, 2018, 01:57
thanks

CatoThe1stElder
November 4th, 2018, 23:18
thanks

Afternoon mate!

.......Apologies for the confusion! I accidentally broke the link. Anyhow, I fixed the mistake so please feel free to click on the Progress Picture link again.

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

P.S. Here is the fixed link also... Progress Pictures! (https://imgur.com/a/5fjatLM)

Martin2301
November 6th, 2018, 18:44
Really nice job I would love to be able to do that! There's some system I would do to play with my players!

goodmanje
November 6th, 2018, 20:27
Downloading tonight. Can’t wait for the finished product!

Vizerakth
November 15th, 2018, 03:40
Morning, MMOaddicted!

Regards,
CatoTheFirstElder

You are amazing. I have a question though, as I am a bit dumb when it comes to all of this stuff...but how exactly do I 'install' this? :S #IRdumb

damned
November 15th, 2018, 03:44
Launch Fantasy Grounds.
At the top right of the splash screen is an explorer Icon.
Click that and it will open teh FG Data directory
Go into /rulesets
Extract the contents of this .7z file (download 7zip if you cannot open this file) into a subfolder WHFRP4 so it looks like this:

\fantasy Grounds\rulesets\WHFRP4\base.xml
\fantasy Grounds\rulesets\WHFRP4\gameelements.xml
\fantasy Grounds\rulesets\WHFRP4\etc

Close FG and then relaunch.
You should be able to create a new campaign using WHFRP4

Vizerakth
November 15th, 2018, 03:51
Awesome, thanks! That was painless. I had figured it went in there...but everything else was a .pak file, so wasn't 100%. I was really looking forward to running a 4E Enemy Within campaign with some friends soon but...well, didn't want to start it out using 2E rules and then switch over to 4E once you were finished. Thank you so much for all your efforts into this!

Eru the One
November 15th, 2018, 18:26
Great work so far!

Blue Haven
November 18th, 2018, 00:40
Amazing job my friend :) Can't wait to see it finished :)
Thanks

emirikol
December 16th, 2018, 02:38
This is really great.

Thanks for the hard work!

jh

Honken
December 16th, 2018, 08:20
I we were gonna make characters last night and i thought i would DL the alpha version, but the link seem dead.

/H

Alvi_Leiz
December 19th, 2018, 16:30
Keep going the good work Cato! :p

MMOaddicted
December 24th, 2018, 03:57
New FG version (3.3.7) seems to have messed up some stuff. Namely character selection. For me as DM the character selection screen appears like an images tab. For my players it pops up normal the first time around they connect, but if they close it accidentally and/or want to pick up more than one character, if they open characters again it's like a normal tab (kin to images etc. same as for me.) they cannot pick up characters from there. Just a little warning for everyone using the alpha and who has yet to update FG and information for our god-like Cato.

limelight
January 1st, 2019, 21:39
I just came across this thread and was trying to get the files to start up Fantasy Grounds- the link doesn't work. Is the rule set still available??

grimm182
January 3rd, 2019, 02:21
Would love a copy myself :)

Blue Haven
January 5th, 2019, 19:49
Any news from the front friend?
Big Hugs and don't stop now :)

goodmanje
January 18th, 2019, 18:38
Did this project fizzle out?

Skellan
January 18th, 2019, 18:54
Cato had issues with his PC but I believe he is still working on the project

goodmanje
January 18th, 2019, 19:32
Excellent!

damned
January 18th, 2019, 20:41
No. A project like this will take a year. Give or take a year.

Ravenclaw74
January 18th, 2019, 21:07
Did this project fizzle out?

Remember he is a college kid. Holidays...Finals...Family...Job...Relaxation...Co mputer Problems...A lot going on. Plus he is a one man show. The ruleset as is is pretty damn good. Patience, we all need to be patient. Hell I'm still waiting for Unity.

goodmanje
January 18th, 2019, 21:13
Yea, seems like a daunting task to build these things.

Clinton H
January 28th, 2019, 06:40
Is there a link to the alpha version of this. I can't find anyway to download it.

damned
January 28th, 2019, 09:33
The link is not currently active.

damned
January 28th, 2019, 09:34
And then I spy Cato lurking....

Nurgelrot
February 3rd, 2019, 19:44
Le Sigh... All the rule systems I really want seem to forever be under development ha ha WFRP4, Hero System and even the "Official" BRP. But keep up the great work Cato! Really appreciate folks like you.

goodmanje
February 3rd, 2019, 20:16
Let me rephrase my last comment... Wasn't bashing ANYONE who works on these rulesets. They do awesome work. I was just commenting on the fact that a lot of games I'd like to play don't have rulesets.....

thechrissou
February 9th, 2019, 10:02
Wow wow wow ?! Such an AWESOME work done here! Can't wait to test it out :).

Alvi_Leiz
February 28th, 2019, 13:52
Never say die! Cato!! Thank you! And keep going the good work!

vyruxx
March 7th, 2019, 23:06
any advance in the ruleset? Thanks in advance

Riptokus
March 8th, 2019, 14:18
What happened in late January? A cease-and-desist with a gag order?

Negotiations cubicle 7 that require you to go silent?

I can see in your edit pattern something happened, and you deliberately shut down access to your work. I sincerely hope it is because you got officially adopted.

Valyar
March 8th, 2019, 14:25
I have no idea how Cubicle 7 are open to such external licensing endeavors, I hope they are not as dumb**** as Games Workshop and FFG.

Riptokus
March 9th, 2019, 15:46
GW protects their license so as to sell it. My understanding is it isn't hard to get license to produce for them, as long as you can demonstrate commercial quality.

ashtronaut
March 16th, 2019, 04:30
Any updates on the project? Would love to sample it or help test it out.

Alvi_Leiz
March 16th, 2019, 14:12
I know from Cato that this project is stopped. I dont know if it will continue in the future. It would be nice if a fan of Warhammer Fantasy start a parallel project for Fantasy Grounds.

spite
March 16th, 2019, 22:18
That's a shame, but I am sure he has his reasons.
:(

Paul Pratt
March 16th, 2019, 23:02
I will reach out to Cato and see if I can get his files. He was using my WHFRP 2e as a basis for 4e. I should be able to get something up and running... first I need to read the rules... damn!

Valyar
March 17th, 2019, 00:41
Wrath & Glory!

Ravenclaw74
March 18th, 2019, 15:17
The good news is that Cato looks like about 85% done and that I heard he plans to still help out Paul. This project is still in good hands.

spite
March 18th, 2019, 18:50
That's hopeful news.

Arkaerial
March 18th, 2019, 18:58
I hope this progresses to completion. I own the ruleset and would love to run it in FG since I no longer have local friends that can play.

Alvi_Leiz
March 18th, 2019, 22:59
It's so cool than Paul want to continue this work! Keep doing the good work masters!

Shadoghast
April 20th, 2019, 21:43
Hey all, just pinging the thread to see if there is anything I can do to assist and if there is an update? I'd love to get my hands on even the alpha version and do have some time to try to help move the project along. I picked up the hardcover last week and my TTRPG group (who played 1E many years ago) are excited to revisit the Reikland.

Valyar
April 21st, 2019, 05:31
Hey all, just pinging the thread to see if there is anything I can do to assist and if there is an update? I'd love to get my hands on even the alpha version and do have some time to try to help move the project along. I picked up the hardcover last week and my TTRPG group (who played 1E many years ago) are excited to revisit the Reikland.

The ruleset is halted and files are taken down. Either Cubicle 7/GW forbade and/or official one is in the works.

spite
April 21st, 2019, 06:06
I thought the whole idea was taht they can't forbid anyone making a ruleset, so long as you arent disseminating content of the books itself? Game mechanics can't be copyrighted, no?

damned
April 21st, 2019, 06:10
The ruleset is halted and files are taken down. Either Cubicle 7/GW forbade and/or official one is in the works.

The Author has stopped working on this.
The project is not dead - but it may be too soon to discuss it...

damned
April 21st, 2019, 06:11
I thought the whole idea was taht they can't forbid anyone making a ruleset, so long as you arent disseminating content of the books itself? Game mechanics can't be copyrighted, no?

In the US this is true. Game Mechanics are not protected.

Valyar
April 21st, 2019, 06:26
The Author has stopped working on this.
The project is not dead - but it may be too soon to discuss it...
Do you know more on the topic, or you speculate like me? :)
I said halt, because I believe the motivation of the developer was obliterated by some behind-the-scene conversation with the license owners (there were hints for such at some point?) or some coding issue that prevented his to go further.

damned
April 21st, 2019, 11:23
Do you know more on the topic, or you speculate like me? :)
I said halt, because I believe the motivation of the developer was obliterated by some behind-the-scene conversation with the license owners (there were hints for such at some point?) or some coding issue that prevented his to go further.

To the best of my knowledge there was a change in priorities/direction by the initial dev and the torch has been passed to another...

Valyar
April 21st, 2019, 12:44
I think Paul said something that he will check it. But yes, sometimes life sneak attacks you. :)

Shadoghast
April 21st, 2019, 17:13
Yeah, I had seen that Paul was taking on the task, I was just checking in to see if he needed any help. With the announcement of the remastered Enemy Within campaign for this edition and how cool the ruleset is, I can't wait to GM it.

danilobs
April 26th, 2019, 01:50
Can someone give me a link to download of alpha that not box.com, please? I want study the code for possible contribution :-) I'm very hyped with the WFRP 4th and I would like to help to make it playable in FG.

Paul Pratt
April 26th, 2019, 02:27
Cato is back on this.

damned
April 26th, 2019, 03:17
Cato is back on this.

Woot! Thats great news.

Shadoghast
May 1st, 2019, 18:27
Fantastic news! Cato, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Need a Ko-Fi refuel to cover caffeine, post it up and I'll gladly provide remote fuel for the effort! Cheers!!!

goodmanje
May 1st, 2019, 19:01
SW needs to pursue getting the permissions to make it a licensed ruleset with all the content. Of course I have no idea what that entails....

LordEntrails
May 2nd, 2019, 16:18
SW needs to pursue getting the permissions to make it a licensed ruleset with all the content. Of course I have no idea what that entails....
See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?11156-Want-to-produce-official-FG-products-adventures-rulesets

goodmanje
May 2nd, 2019, 17:34
Interesting, I’ve never seen this.

ivan-hr
May 20th, 2019, 07:50
Cato is back on this.

This are good news. Btw. is the alpha still available for testing?

ashtronaut
May 21st, 2019, 01:15
This are good news. Btw. is the alpha still available for testing?

Ditto, i want desperately for this project to happen and would love to help in any way I can.

Alvi_Leiz
May 21st, 2019, 01:42
Paul Pratt do you have any news from this proyect?

ivan-hr
May 26th, 2019, 21:02
I would like to create a library for items and creatures. Has anyone else done this alreay and would be willing to share with me a base example file? Thanks

Edit: I found this here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices

Pentazer
June 6th, 2019, 17:32
Is there a link to just the theme for this? I'm running a warhammer game now and all I need is the theme for the icing on the cake as that design is glorious.

Alvi_Leiz
June 6th, 2019, 17:49
I no longer have any hope in Cato. It's sad... and I thank Cato for everything he did.:( But I think it will be better for the community if someone wants to work on this project that we hope so much.

goodmanje
June 14th, 2019, 12:44
Probably not enough interest in the game for it to get completed. But hey, you can get a ruleset for a really old version of D&D that's licensed and feature rich now..... ��

goodmanje
June 18th, 2019, 02:03
Just saw this on the Warhammer Discord server....

Hello all! I don’t think many people are aware of Foundry VTT, it’s a Virtual Tabletop currently in development (0.3.1 as of now), but it shows a lot of promise, the dev is incredibly active, responsive, and transparent, I’d recommend at least checking it out.

Why should you care? Well, @CatoThe1stElder and I have been hard at work over the past couple of months making a WFRP 4e edition system for Foundry VTT, and we wanted to give a sneak peak at the character sheet.

The guy that posted this said they aren't working on the Fantasy Grounds ruleset...…….

Nurgelrot
June 18th, 2019, 03:06
Ah just never-mind.... not worth the electrons.

Trenloe
June 18th, 2019, 04:10
Just saw this on the Warhammer Discord server....

Hello all! I don’t think many people are aware of Foundry VTT, it’s a Virtual Tabletop currently in development (0.3.1 as of now), but it shows a lot of promise, the dev is incredibly active, responsive, and transparent, I’d recommend at least checking it out.

Why should you care? Well, @CatoThe1stElder and I have been hard at work over the past couple of months making a WFRP 4e edition system for Foundry VTT, and we wanted to give a sneak peak at the character sheet.

The guy that posted this said they aren't working on the Fantasy Grounds ruleset...…….
Ah, that's a shame - looks like we all got ghosted by Cato - it would have been nice for him to at least have let us know that he'd moved on. At least we know now...

spite
June 18th, 2019, 04:12
If you check the first post of the thread, he's updated it to say it's dead (and nothing else).
Ah well, Foundry looks like it has a LONG way to go before it's in a condition for me to even be interested in, so it's a shame this has fallen over but it sounds like they have valid reasons for changing what platform they're developing for.

Valyar
June 18th, 2019, 20:47
Shame, but life moves on.

Oberoten
June 19th, 2019, 04:07
I guess this means I go back to work on my set. Admittedly it looks like **** compared to Cato's stuff. (And I had barely started on the character-sheet when he first posted about his set). So ... eh, on the whole? Don't hold your breath for it, I am going to be working nights until October but should be able to crank something ugly out in that time.

- Obe

dmbrown
June 19th, 2019, 04:14
Wasn’t there some one else working on this as well, Paul that had done the 2nd edition rule set. Could he take what had been done and finish it? It looked like it was 80% of the way there and could have been a commercial version. I know my group would have bought an official rule set and modules if available.

damned
June 19th, 2019, 05:50
Wasn’t there some one else working on this as well, Paul that had done the 2nd edition rule set. Could he take what had been done and finish it? It looked like it was 80% of the way there and could have been a commercial version. I know my group would have bought an official rule set and modules if available.

It is not 80% done....

spite
June 19th, 2019, 05:52
There is somewhat of a false hope that often comes up when things have a basic "look" completed, without going into how much under the hood remains to be done.
Thankfully, this game doesn't have too much that needs automating, so I've been able to survive just with Core/MoreCore for the most part.

Thete
June 20th, 2019, 04:25
I guess this means I go back to work on my set. Admittedly it looks like **** compared to Cato's stuff. (And I had barely started on the character-sheet when he first posted about his set). So ... eh, on the whole? Don't hold your breath for it, I am going to be working nights until October but should be able to crank something ugly out in that time.

- Obe

I volunteer to make some original art assets if you need things at a pinch :) feel free to DM me any request before that date if you have anything in mind ... will also give you time to decide is they're any less **** than any other ****. Would not be offended if you don't end up using anything I make.

Paul Pratt
June 22nd, 2019, 03:41
I know exactly where Cato left off. I was going to finish it. The IP art I can not confirm can be used, the textures, I can't confirm if they are original, stolen or bought. So it would need to be skinned. The coding... well 50% is my 2nd edition code with some edits, the balance is unfinished. It needs about a solid month or more of work if you can start from the basic point of knowing how the ruleset flows. I turned it back to Cato because he said he wanted to finish it.

Bit disappointing that he walked away again. At this point, if there is no 4th ed in the works, it would be easier for me to start from my 2nd edition and work forward. I can't promise anything. I need to evaluate my time available. I want a 4th ed set too.

One bummer... speaking game mechanics is the attack resolution can't be automated. And no opposed rolls can be automated. At least not a way I can see. So, in terms of getting a set ready, it does make it easier.

damned
June 22nd, 2019, 04:12
I know exactly where Cato left off. I was going to finish it. The IP art I can not confirm can be used, the textures, I can't confirm if they are original, stolen or bought. So it would need to be skinned. The coding... well 50% is my 2nd edition code with some edits, the balance is unfinished. It needs about a solid month or more of work if you can start from the basic point of knowing how the ruleset flows. I turned it back to Cato because he said he wanted to finish it.

Bit disappointing that he walked away again. At this point, if there is no 4th ed in the works, it would be easier for me to start from my 2nd edition and work forward. I can't promise anything. I need to evaluate my time available. I want a 4th ed set too.

One bummer... speaking game mechanics is the attack resolution can't be automated. And no opposed rolls can be automated. At least not a way I can see. So, in terms of getting a set ready, it does make it easier.

Hi Paul,

There have been several offers for assist with GFX and I am also able to assist on that front - I have no time to take on another coding task though.
Cato did suggest that all the artwork was his own but that is not verified in any way.
I have been thinking about opposed rolls for Star Wars d6 and Im going to try something like this:
The defender rolls first and that adds to the CT.
The attacker then rolls and they then have a target number in the CT to perform the opposed roll against.
Im still on the step prior to this so I havent tried it yet but I think it should work...

Paul Pratt
June 22nd, 2019, 04:35
I thought of something similar based on capturing rolls like the manual roller does. It two steps, but will work to automate the results. Tell me how the CT options works out. I like that. WHFRP 4th ahs many defense options so I was thinking the manual window... or a window with the same features could capture and then be configured.

I talked with Cato on the graphics too. Not be able to confirm was my issue. Also, since he plans to develop this for Foundry with the same graphic set, I think this project should about face from any of his work to avoid issues. Like my 2nd ed set, I think I will focus on getting something working then delve into the graphics second.

Trenloe
June 22nd, 2019, 04:53
I think this project should about face from any of his work to avoid issues. Like my 2nd ed set, I think I will focus on getting something working then delve into the graphics second.
I think that’s the best approach.

Thanks for taking this on, again... :-)

Skellan
June 22nd, 2019, 08:05
You're a star for taking this on.

I ran about 10 sessions with this ruleset but it got too cumbersome so I left it until further work was done.

I found that the die roller calculations worked ok without automation - it wasn't too bad working out the opposed calculation. The hardest part was applying the dizzying amount of modifiers that you can get. If there was a comprehensive set of effects to apply to the tracker which affected the die calculation etc - that alone would make it so much easier to run.

Anyway, I am sure you know your stuff. Just let me know if I can help with anything.

And I agree that although it looks pretty it needs a new skin.

Alvi_Leiz
June 23rd, 2019, 22:02

Thanks Paul

grimm182
June 30th, 2019, 19:18
So, will just ask this here, mostly related...
I have quite a bit of Warhammer data scattered throughout various versions of rulesets. I was *thinking* of plodding my way thru and putting in all the data for npsc, items,spells,ect for the current WHFRP 2ed ruleset.
Should i sit on this project until a ruleset for 4E comes out?

If i knew i could open an exported mod from 2E to 4E without issue (core-based) then I would plod along and upgrade when I could.
Thanks for any suggestions on this. :)

Ceodryn
July 7th, 2019, 14:42
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread from one eye, hoping to have a ruleset to run Wfrp4. I have been running the game locally since it launched last summer but the campaign is concluding, and I am looking to run a long-term online regular campaign (local gaming is great, but scheduling is hell). With Cato leaving the development, where does that leave this ruleset? I hope to start my campaign mid-August and evaluating my VTT options, between FG2, Roll20, Foundry (where Cato and other moved their efforts). I am curious therefore whether we can hope for a FG2 ruleset before the Enemy Within release in September?

Thete
July 8th, 2019, 02:54
Looks like the answer would be no FG ruleset ready for September because:

1. Interested coders (Paul & Oberoten) will not likely be availble to commit time till after September/October
2. Code requires at least solid month of work.
3. Art requires complete redo ... this will be more than a month's work as well

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread from one eye, hoping to have a ruleset to run Wfrp4. I have been running the game locally since it launched last summer but the campaign is concluding, and I am looking to run a long-term online regular campaign (local gaming is great, but scheduling is hell). With Cato leaving the development, where does that leave this ruleset? I hope to start my campaign mid-August and evaluating my VTT options, between FG2, Roll20, Foundry (where Cato and other moved their efforts). I am curious therefore whether we can hope for a FG2 ruleset before the Enemy Within release in September?

Ceodryn
July 8th, 2019, 10:41
Looks like the answer would be no FG ruleset ready for September because:

1. Interested coders (Paul & Oberoten) will not likely be availble to commit time till after September/October
2. Code requires at least solid month of work.
3. Art requires complete redo ... this will be more than a month's work as well

Thanks for the quick reply! It looks like Roll20 is the most able to handle Wfrp4 as of now. I don’t like it, I would prefer FG2, but well... one has to play. I sincerely look forward to a proper FG2 Wfrp4 ruleset but I know it’s a lot of work. When Paul & Oberoten are willing to provide a test platform, I’ll be ready to switch. I have backed FG2 unity thus have hope to use it for Wfrp4 online for years to come.

Brent Taylor
October 25th, 2019, 05:13
Has there been any news on this? I understand the original dev just up and left, but it seems another dev or two are looking to either complete it or start over with Paul's work? What's the status on this?

LordEntrails
October 25th, 2019, 17:25
Why not just make a character sheet in MoreCore?

Brent Taylor
October 25th, 2019, 21:50
WFRP isn't terribly complicated, but the sheer amount of bookkeeping that comes with the advancement system makes a MoreCore sheet less desirable. It also doesn't support the rolls for WFRP, at least not with degrees of success.

Believe it or not, those two issues actually make it easier to just play with PDF character sheets and a dice roller. Or just go back to WFRP 2e.

WyrdGM
March 24th, 2020, 03:20
So, I picked up FGCU a couple days ago, mostly to play SWADE, but also to play WFRP 4e. I see this project is dead, but I was wondering if anyone had the alpha files, and would be willing to let a fellow programmer tinker.

If not, I'll be working on some tools for myself. But I thought I would ask.

dmbrown
March 24th, 2020, 04:25
You should ask Paul Pratt about his second Edition WFRP and I don't know if he ever got the 4th edition alpha version. I think he was interested in doing a 4th edition at one time, but didn't have the time. Maybe the two of you could come up with something?

I know that my gaming group would definitely be interested in an Official WFRP 4th Edition ruleset. Currently I am running a 5e campaign, but one of my players use to run 1st and 2nd edition WFRP and said he'd run a 4th edition if there was an official ruleset. I am sure there is a decent number of others too.

Shadoghast
March 24th, 2020, 15:40
So as an FYI, it looks like the support effort has gone to Foundry VTT, which has a functional WHFRP system deployed and actively under development. I've been trying the platform as I was looking for a home to play WHFRP 4e. That said, the entire Foundry VTT is very beta, and more like Roll20 than FG.

It's to the point that my patience expired fairly quickly and I'm actually running a heavily homebrewed 5e-based system in the Old World setting on FG for my players. At this point, there are a number of extensions that I need to write to capture some of the mechanics, but that's what I resorted to. I'd try FGU, but some of the extensions that work in FG2 don't port, and I haven't found development documentation to clean them up and make them functional yet.

WyrdGM
March 24th, 2020, 15:46
Well, I did reach out to Paul, so we'll see what he says. In the meantime, I am at least playing around with deving a dice roller that makes me happy.

dmbrown
March 24th, 2020, 23:14
Shadoghast, that sounds interesting can you share that stuff?

WyrdGM, maybe you and Paul can work something out. I am sure there are more people interested in this rule set. I’d definitely be interested in anything you happen to come up with.

WyrdGM
March 25th, 2020, 04:52
Paul no longer had the alpha files, but he did give me a base of things to work off of, as well as a direction. I work about 80 hours a week, so this may be a bit slow on my side, but I am taking things apart, learning how they work, and will go from there. If I do anything worth interest, I'll create a new project thread.

dmbrown
March 29th, 2020, 04:04
I looked to see if I still had a copy of the alpha ruleset when I was testing it out but I don't. Maybe someone on the forum still has a copy? I don't know if there is a way to get a hold of CatoThe1stElder? He was the one that was working on the ruleset originally.

Pepor
March 29th, 2020, 10:40
I looked to see if I still had a copy of the alpha ruleset when I was testing it out but I don't. Maybe someone on the forum still has a copy? I don't know if there is a way to get a hold of CatoThe1stElder? He was the one that was working on the ruleset originally.

I do have a copy of the ruleset. I am not sure if I can share it here. Contact me via private message.

dmbrown
March 29th, 2020, 15:41
Great! Maybe that will help Paul, WyrdGM or whomever wants to take over the project.

Ravenclaw74
March 30th, 2020, 04:34
I might be able to assist you. I will try to send you what I have.

MoonWolf666
April 21st, 2020, 15:42
Hey guys. Any plans to push this project forward? We start tomorrow with WFRP4 after a very long break and we chose roll20 as virtually nothing else supports WFRP. It would be awesome if we can use FG!

goodmanje
April 21st, 2020, 16:08
Hey guys. Any plans to push this project forward? We start tomorrow with WFRP4 after a very long break and we chose roll20 as virtually nothing else supports WFRP. It would be awesome if we can use FG!

I’ve just given up on WFPR. There’s no good support for it on any of the VTTs and I’m not really a fan of Morecore.... shame though because it’s a great game.

Naurthoron
April 21st, 2020, 17:21
I’ve just given up on WFPR. There’s no good support for it on any of the VTTs and I’m not really a fan of Morecore.... shame though because it’s a great game.

AFAIK it is supported on Foundry VTT and on FG it just requires some community people to invest time in developing one why not you ?

dmbrown
April 21st, 2020, 19:45
Here is a link to the latest discussion for WFRP 4 and FG:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56305-Warhammer-Fantasy-RPG-4-ed

Morquendel
April 27th, 2020, 07:25
? Haltet because 7 cuibicle?
No Cato moved to a different VT... all from reading whole thread...