PDA

View Full Version : Automatic addition?

Three of Swords
July 28th, 2018, 23:05
One of the features my players really liked in Roll20 was the ability to have the character sheet automatically do math for them. As an example, they could select their 1423 gold, type -576, hit enter, and it would automatically change the value to 847.

Is there something like that in FG? The mouse wheel is great when adding or subtracting small values like 2 or, 8. But when changing large values, not so much.

I told my players I'd look into it. My google-fu didn't reveal anything. But I figured I'd make sure by asking before telling them no.

Thanks in advance!

Zacchaeus
July 28th, 2018, 23:18
Not exactly no. You can drag numbers (including negative ones) from chat and drop them into various places but to be honest i’m not sure if that works for coins. You can also create a parcel with negative coin amounts and share that with a player (drag and drop on their portrait) and when they drag that into their inventory it will take the coins off their total.

Eru the One
July 29th, 2018, 00:30
I usually type the negative amount in the mod box, then drag that to the chat window for others to drop on their currency or other field to subtract the amount.

Three of Swords
July 29th, 2018, 00:41
I usually type the negative amount in the mod box, then drag that to the chat window for others to drop on their currency or other field to subtract the amount.

That works! Thanks!

Zaccheus, just so you know, the values from chat do not work on coins. But was worth a try!

Zacchaeus
July 29th, 2018, 09:14
Zaccheus, just so you know, the values from chat do not work on coins. But was worth a try!

Yes they do; Eru just showed you how better than I explained it. It will work for dice rolls too or any number that appears as a value in chat (except numbers typed directly into chat which appears as a text string and what I suspect you thought I meant). You can also drag numbers from any other number field such as the one on the party sheet for coins.