PDA

View Full Version : Ultra-Generic Ruleset?

mossfoot
May 31st, 2006, 08:21
Hi... I've tried modifying the XML on my end with zero luck. XML is just too much for me to handle, and I don't have the time to learn.

Thing is, I'm using Fantasy Grounds to play a game that isn't d20.

From what I've been able to gather, rulesets for actual systems aren't allowed to be posted/shared because of legal reasons. Is that correct?

If this is the case, perhaps someone could post something ultra-generic to help people like me out? All I want is a simple character sheet. No dice codes or anything, just room to put in text:

Name:
Class:
Species:
Sex: Age: Height: Weight:
Description:

And then after that a bunch of text lines in two or three colums to put Skills. All text, but maybe a box beisde each for modifiers of your choice?

And under that a section for weapons, just text.

Then maybe a second page for other stuff like

Equipment:
Personality:
Background:

You get the general idea. Basically a character sheet that is bare bones, has lots of open text typeable space to input whatever you need to and doesn't violate any copyrights.

Has this been done before? Could it be done? How could I do it myself in a way that won't hurt my brain?

Help!

Zane_Marlowe
June 1st, 2006, 03:10
Check out the tutorial thread I just posted. You don't have to know XML to do this (heaven knows I don't).