PDA

View Full Version : XML Refmanal page turn icons

SailorLovins
July 25th, 2018, 18:27
Hello everyone,

I followed either Trenloe's or Talyn's direction on changing my page element names within the library element to a numerical name, refpage_01, refpage_02 and so on. I am still not seeing any page turn icons anywhere within my reference manual and I am nearly finished with this project. What am I doing wrong?

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2018, 18:39
You'll probably need to post some examples of your structure.

The reference manual (RM) manager script calculates the manual path by looking for ".chapters." in the first page entry displayed to determine the RM chapter data structure path. (i.e. pages embedded in the chapter/subchapter structure)
If it can't find that string in the path, then it assumes the RM chapter data structure path is "reference.refmanualindex.chapters". (i.e. pages separate from chapter/subchapter stucture)

From the base chapter data structure path, it looks for subchapters.<subchapterkey>, and then refpages.<refpagekey>. The pages are sorted in the navigation based on the <refpagekey>.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
July 25th, 2018, 19:54
Also hop on the FG Discord where it's a helluva lot easier to post markup and share files back and forth. I work a lot but if I'm around, I don't mind poking around new dev's XML files to help out. I've done that on many occasion.

damned
July 26th, 2018, 01:56
Talyn is the guru at this if you can catch him take him up on that offer.

Maasq
July 26th, 2018, 20:01
Thumbs up for Talyn. He was invaluable (and no doubt will be again in the future!)

Maasq