PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player Monday, Wednesay, Friday, or Weekends EST for Long-term 5E

icarusn
July 25th, 2018, 16:14
FG License: I have the paid license on Steam

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone (US)

Days/Time/Frequency: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Availability is 8pm - 1am (2am on Friday/Saturday). I'd prefer weekly, but biweekly is good too. I feel like monthly is too infrequent.

Term: Long Term. I moved to a new area and had to leave a 4-year in-person campaign.

Voice/Video: Must have voice. I'll do what's needed to connect. If your game uses video, I don't have a great webcam, but I do have one.

Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5E

Game System Experience: I played a 4-year in person campaign with 3.5E that I had to move away from and a 18 month online campaign with 5E that has recently abruptly ended.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Near none. My GM for the online campaign wanted to try out FG, but the campaign fell apart shortly afterwards due to GM being drawn away non-game related concerns.

Character Type Preferred: I'm fairly flexible and find that every role has a good class that I'm interested in. The two that really have my attention right now are both from Xanathar's Guide to Everything -- Druid: Circle of Dreams healer or a Cleric: Forge Domain. That said, I find the campaign setting shapes what I want to, so I'd talk to the DM and learn about it before really committing to anything.

About me: I'm looking for a game that I can join and attend reliably going forward, preferably long-term. I have, on average 3-5 weeks per year that I cannot attend a weekly game depending on the day of the week, usually around the winter holidays. I was part of a weekly 3.5E campaign for about 4 years during college, but after graduation, the group dispersed and I moved to a fairly remote area where finding a new in-person game proved difficult. I then joined a biweekly online "campaign" for about a year and a half that, other than the DM and I had a fairly revolving door of members and was faced with constant restarts simply due to the new members coming and going. A few months back, the DM bowed out due to a new job, so I picked up my search for an in-person game. That has failed again, so I have decided to turn back to looking for groups online. As for my playstyle, I prefer roleplay-heavy campaigns with puzzles and problem solving. That said, I do not shy away from the combat side of things. I feel like out of character banter is a part of building the social aspects of the group between and should be allowed within reason. That said, not paying attention to the game with other things on other monitors -- especially playing other games or watching TV -- during the session is a real pet peeve of mine.