PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Characters

Silverkin
July 25th, 2018, 06:17
How would one go about taking a character in 1 persons FG Game and exporting him and then joining another friends game just for some mock battles? I don't have the character on my end, it is only on the FG of first persons game.

damned
July 25th, 2018, 07:28
If you go into manage characters on the players computer they can export the character there and they can supply the XML to the new GM.

Andraax
July 25th, 2018, 11:57
I don't have the character on my end, it is only on the FG of first persons game.

If you were controlling the character last time you were connected, then it will be in your player cache. Go into Manage Characters, select the campaign and character, and export to XML.

Silverkin
July 25th, 2018, 21:25
I logged into manage characters and the campaign the character is in. However there was no characters tab to open to get access to my character. I suppose I need the DM to open up FG for me then export him somehow?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2018, 21:28
It sounds like the "Characters" option has been unselected in that campaign. Click the "Library" button in the bottom right and then at the top of the "Library" window you can enable the "Characters" button with the check mark, or just click on "Characters" to open the character selection window.

Silverkin
July 25th, 2018, 21:33
i looked everywhere and there is no library button available when I enter the game via 'manage characters' and the game name.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2018, 21:54
i looked everywhere and there is no library button available when I enter the game via 'manage characters' and the game name.

You don't see this (or something like it) down at the bottom right of the buttons?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2018, 21:55
This sounds strange. To help us identify the issues, please provide screenshots of:
1) the Manage Characters screen just before you press "Start" - i.e. with the campaign you are going to enter selected.
2) Once you have started manage characters - the whole FG screen once it loads.

Silverkin
July 25th, 2018, 22:06

My DM has the dark souls background. As you can see I load manage characters and enter 'rappan athuk' campaign we are playing. Once inside there's no library or manage characters or anything showing up like it usually does when I join my DM's open FG game.

Silverkin
July 25th, 2018, 22:14
Hey guys, my DM just sent me an XML of my character so I just went to manage characters and opened up PFRPG and exported the character in. So should be good. Thanks for the help.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2018, 22:28
My DM has the dark souls background. As you can see I load manage characters and enter 'rappan athuk' campaign we are playing. Once inside there's no library or manage characters or anything showing up like it usually does when I join my DM's open FG game.
Yeah, looks like there's a problem with that theme in manage characters.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2018, 22:29
What happens if you type /openwindow library in the chat window?

Silverkin
July 25th, 2018, 22:32
Hey Tren, I typed /openwindow library and it opened everything up. From there I was able to open up characters and my characters sheet. That seems to have done it!

Trenloe
July 25th, 2018, 22:33
Hey Tren, I typed /openwindow library and it opened everything up. From there I was able to open up characters and my characters sheet. That seems to have done it!
Great! :)