PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install FG-II, updater 3.3.4 timeout

Flathwrak the Usurper
July 23rd, 2018, 23:14
Basically what the title said. I'm unable to install FG. The installer downloaded fine, but when I try to finish the installation, I eventually end up running into a timeout error, first when it requires linking a Steam acct (when did that happen? I've been away for a while...) and then when I try to proceed without linking Steam.

I bought my license 8 years ago, and have alot of stuff that needs updating.

Thanks,

Flathwrak

Halfront
July 23rd, 2018, 23:54
First try and disable Malware Bytes if you have it installed..It currently prevents updates in FG.

You only need to use the Steam link if you have any purchases inside Steam for FG.

LordEntrails
July 23rd, 2018, 23:55
FG does not require you link your Steam account if you did not purchase through Steam. If you have purchased your license or DLC through Steam, then you will want to link, otherwise no need (I don't have mine linked).

Timeouts are almost always caused by anti-virus blocking the download. Their is a known issue with Malware Bytes that MWB is working to resolve, if you have MWB you should search the forums here for details on just what you need to disable to install, update and run FG. If you use other AV, check to make sure that you have FG (3 different executable) whitelisted.

Zacchaeus
July 24th, 2018, 00:38
I would suggest you download the installer from the store page. Delete the fantasygrounds.exe file and the fantasygrounds updater exe file and reinstall.