PDA

View Full Version : LFP: 5e Campaign - Hybrid homebrew/published material

groggert
July 23rd, 2018, 01:00
We are looking for one additional player to join 4 other players currently in the party. All players are level 1.

FG License: Standard
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Time Zone: US EST

Day of week and time: Thursdays, 8pm US EST (UTC - 5h)

Planned Duration & Frequency: ~3-4 hour sessions, weekly

Term: Long-term

Text or Voice: Both text and voice

Voice software used: Discord

Role-play & Combat mix: Dependent on player preference, but likely 50/50

Number of Players needed: 1 Player

Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, standard starting equipment

Character restrictions: Standard array or 27 point buy, Classes From PHB: No Monks. Multi-class: Only max 1 other class. Races: No Dragonborn, Tieflings only with good reason and acceptance that horns/tails must be concealed in most circumstances. Sub-races: from any official source except those specific to a particular campaign setting (e.g. Drow). Backgrounds: Any except those specific to a particular campaign setting (may require slight flavor changes based on the starting campaign scenario). Alignment: Those who murder party members or random people indiscriminately would not be a good fit.

Details of the scenario: The campaign planned is a hybrid homebrew/sandbox/published material campaign. I like to remix shorter published scenarios and various adventure hooks into a custom setting, allow players to pursue whichever of the plot threads that interest them most, and mold the campaign, over-arching story, and future scenarios based on which threads were followed and the player's actions during that time.

XP is awarded in a hybrid milestone/challenge/player reward format.

My Background: Played and DM'ed Redbox, 1e, 2e for many years before drifting away for a while. I am looking forward returning to the hobby with 5e. Fantasy grounds experience consists largely of creating campaign material so there will be (a hopefully brief) learning curve when using it to DM with that material. While I have experience DMing, I have not yet done so with 5e so there will be a bit of a learning curve there too. A certain amount of patience in both these regards is likely a requirement for an enjoyable time.

Wishlist for players: Friendly and respectful of everyone. Everyone is looking to have fun and treating everyone with respect is required for that to happen. Rules-lawyers are probably not a good fit as I tend to err on the side of entertainment and moving the game along when possible. Min/maxers are probably not a good fit.
Novices to Dungeons and Dragons or 5e are probably a good fit (let's master 5e together).
Old-school players looking to return to the game (like myself) or wishing revisit some classic scenarios as well as experience some new ones are likely a good fit.
Experienced players who can be patient during the initial learning curve would be a good fit.
Kind, friendly people are always a good fit.

*If interested and our schedules align, please let me know what type of class you would likely want to end up playing (e.g. fighter, bard, or warlock, etc) so we can ensure a certain amount of variety in party makeup.

gamedojo1
July 23rd, 2018, 09:37
I would love to play with you I have zero experience with d and d 5e and would appreciate any help
I would like to play a wizard or fighter

Severin
July 23rd, 2018, 17:21
Sounds like a good game for me to get back into FG. I have very limited experience and would like to give it another shot.
I'd like to play a barbarian, if thats not available maybe paladin or ranger. Let me know if you could use me.

JBagky
July 23rd, 2018, 23:41
Nevermind.

Teemmiiuurr
July 27th, 2018, 02:41
hi,

i am interested, is there still some room available ?

MTShorts
July 27th, 2018, 15:59
Sounds like I'm late on the draw for this one. Shame. I'm in Central time and that would have worked nicely around my work schedule.