PDA

View Full Version : Fragged Empire on MoreCore

damned
July 22nd, 2018, 05:26
Hey Ive been working with spite on a Fragged Empire extension for MoreCore.
This was part of this offer: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44600-Unsupported-Game-Systems-Offer

This is a much more advanced extension of MoreCore than I was originally planning but its a complex system.
This is the current version of the Extension and it will evolve over time.

spite is going to post some characters, some rolls and some additional content as the author/publisher has given permission to use the whole Quick Start which is awesome.

Note: this wont work until MoreCore 1.45 is released - ping me if you need a beta copy.

spite
July 22nd, 2018, 05:31
Hey, so as promised here is a Library Module with enough to get started. You'll find in the module:
A Crit Table that works with the rolls that are included.
A Collection of MoreCore Rolls for personal combat including the base Strong Hit options.
An example NPC for each of the three types in the game (Group, Skilled, Nemesis) that can be used as a template or starting point for designing your own using the game rules.

Also I have attached a number of characters made using the system. These are from my playtest group, and from the Quickstart Adv (only one of them currently, but will add all as I finish them). These once again can be used as starting points to get an idea of how we're utilising MoreCore to play Fragged.
Hope they help!

Thanks to damned for amazing work putting all this together. The hard yards were definitely run by him.

Also here are some pictures of the sheet in use
MoreCore Sheet (https://puu.sh/B0Ue2/e332b9fa7b.png)
Equipment (https://puu.sh/B0Ufy/a56eee073c.png)
VTT Theme + new Rolltype ("/frag") (https://puu.sh/B0Uhj/66344c5353.jpg)

I should also note, this content references the Core Rulebook in places (pg numbers are given) and requires at minimum the Quick Start, but often the Core Rulebook to utilise effectively. Please check out Fragged Empire (https://fraggedempire.com/) if you're interested in learning more. They also have a Discord Community (https://discordapp.com/invite/Z6Erwyc) that's friendly and active and have helped me greatly while learning this new system.

spite
July 22nd, 2018, 05:32
Oops they didn't all fit. That's ok, this post can be just for Quick Start Data. Here is the first character.

Valyar
July 22nd, 2018, 20:18
If I may suggest something on the theme part - if possible to avoid the white as predominant color for windows background and wallpapers, it strains the eyes too much during long plays. :)

spite
July 23rd, 2018, 00:06
The theme has been changed by damned. The windows remain white but the background is now a different picture and does a lot to help. Check it out!

garrion_sw
January 3rd, 2019, 16:04
This extension appears to have broken with the latest update to MoreCore. The errors are on the character sheet MoreCore tab.

The error string is too long to quote here.

I fixed it by going to \campaign\record_char_more_fe.xml and using the search function to find every reference to "spell" and deleting the block containing it.

It is a pretty easy fix but wanted to inform so a corrected file can be posted here for others.

damned
January 4th, 2019, 02:06
I need to revamp it as I moved all the Flip Frames on to a separate tab - pretty much for this reason...

Vackipleur
July 19th, 2019, 20:05
Hi,
Always broken? Any ETA for a fix?
Thanks

damned
July 20th, 2019, 01:46
Are you sure you are using the current versions? My instance is working properly.

garrion_sw
July 22nd, 2019, 15:45
Here is the fixed file so you won't get those errors. Perhaps Damned forgot I had fixed this and sent him the updated copy?

Vackipleur
July 24th, 2019, 23:46
Great ! No errors ! Thank you very much :)

THEGOBBLER
March 9th, 2020, 22:28
Hello!

My group were looking to play Fragged Empire with some kind of VTT. I tried to check this out but am getting a "Script Error: [string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls.lua"]:48: attempt to index a nil value" when attempting to use the /frag command in any roll ability, though it works fine in the chat bar. Using the updated extension posted on 22 July 2019 and using MoreCore v1.52. I'm guessing it's some MoreCore update shenanigans - is this extension still supported?

damned
March 9th, 2020, 22:41
Hi THEGOBBLER please upload your campaign (minus any images) and let me know the PC and Roll name and Ill look into it.

panthrjd
May 4th, 2020, 02:24
Hi everyone.
Has there been any fix or resolution to the morecore_rolls.lua issue? I have just started playing around with Fragged and am having the same issue. It does not work in the Sheet, but does work when rolling through the chat window.
Also, I don't know if anyone is interested in the function, but languages can be implemented without any real additional work.
Set up the Language Names in Options.
In the MoreData tab, set the first header to "Languages", and enter known languages by line. Ensure the names are the same, and other threads say it's case sensitive as well.
This module does not have any automation for the implementation of Strong Hits, correct? I apologize, I have no programming experience and am not sure how complex an issue this would be.
Take care!

damned
May 4th, 2020, 03:06
Welcome panthrjd Please remind me (in detail please) what the FE issue(s) is and Ill look at as soon as I can.

panthrjd
May 4th, 2020, 18:56
On the character sheet, third tab: primary skills.
The dice string is /frag 3d6 (+/- modifier, in this case -3)
Pressing the FE button next to it results in: [5/4/2020 1:53:18 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls.lua"]:48: attempt to index a nil value
This applies to all rolls within the character sheet, including for the critical hit table, which is /rollon Crit. Whether the button is labeled with the FE symbol, # for table, or the chat bubble.
However, using any of these roll commands (/frag, /fragatt, /rollon) in the chat window itself, modifiers or no, works fine.
Additionally, I know you can right click on a die result and halve, negate, or double the value.
Any way to do +/- 1 or 2? Would be useful for the crit chart.

Poisontoast
August 11th, 2020, 01:00
I get some errors when I open a character sheet. It seems to only happen on the "MoreCore" tab. I am using FGU 4.0.0 ULTIMATE, MoreCore Version 1.58 & the version of Fragged on the first post. I cant attach the logs but I am willing to send them if you would like them. A snip of the Errors from the logs below:

[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (max4) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (spell_slot_5) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (spell_slot_5) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (spell_slot_5_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (spell_slot_5_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (max5) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
[8/10/2020 5:50:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] window: Control (max5) anchoring to an undefined control (spellpointsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)

damned
August 11th, 2020, 03:41
Ok guys - firstly it looks like i missed the reply by panthrjd above and second it looks like the issue Poisontoast is reporting is a Unity issue as its not happening on FGC.
Ill try and look into both of these on the weekend.