PDA

View Full Version : LFG -- Fairly green D&D player, looking for shorter campaign to re-introduce me to ga

afroats13
July 21st, 2018, 00:07
FG License: I have the Ultimate edition as I tried running a game a while back
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for a weekly game after an initial "intro" campaign. Night times after 8 are good, as I have a 1-yr-old who is usually down for the night by then. Friday/Saturdays are generally out, Sun-Thu nights are okay.
Term: Shorter term to get re-familiarized with the game, eventually interested in longer term
Voice: Yes -- prefer Discord

Game System Preferred: 5e
Game System Experience: 5e... VERY briefly touched 4e
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I got into it heavily for about 2 months when I tried running a remote game back in 2015. It would take a minute to get used to it again, especially from a player POV, but I learn quickly.

About me: I have always been interested in a regular D&D game, but I never had the time to do it growing up, or in my early adult life. Now, the social and story aspect appeal to me greatly, as I have grown tired or the latest and greatest MMOs and most video games now are too twitchy for me to be competitive and enjoy. However, but fortunately, I am happily married with a beautiful one-year-old daughter who requires my frequent attention. This is what drew me back to FG, as I can actually give D&D an honest try, and it is something I can do at night from my house while she is down for the night. My wife has expressed some light interest in D&D, so I am also hoping she will get a better idea of the game to see if she wants to dip her toe in eventually.