PDA

View Full Version : LFP 5E Waterdeep Long-term Sundays 7PM EDT

B3hodlr
July 20th, 2018, 16:00
FG License: Ultimate (FG free demo is all that is needed)
Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone: EDT
Day of week and time: Sundays 7pm - 11pm
Planned start date: July 29th
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hr session weekly
Term: Long-term (All the way to the end of the Dungeon of the Mad Mage, possible epilogue planned as well depending on how the story goes)

Text or Voice: Both, plan to use discord server for optional in-between session roleplay
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 6-8 signed up so we always have at least 5-7 playing
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: None (I have all official modules, you can use any combination to play who you want)

Details of your scenario: Our long-term campaign will begin in September with the release of Dragon Heist and go all the way to the end of the Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Between now and then I'd like to run a short-term campaign to test out some new systems, get everyone comfortable with FG, and work on my DM skills. I'm new to DMing in Fantasy Grounds and haven't been a DM for another game in several years. I really love the 5e system and I'm looking forward to trying a lot of new stuff using VTT/Discord. I am considering broadcasting the game over twitch also once the long-term campaign begins, so please only apply if you're okay with your voice being broadcast on my channel.
I like to play games with characters who have a lot of depth, so please be willing to write a nice backstory for your character. The more detail you include, the more I can work into in the story. I don't yet know the details of the dragon heist or mad mage story, but I have a separate subplot for the characters to weave into the published stories.
My ideal players are not necessarily power gamers but can learn how to play their class effectively so that I can plan appropriate challenges. I use some added/modified rules that players might not be used to, so rules-lawyers may not be a good fit if strict adherence to the original rules is important. I don't ever fudge the dice-rolls, but I do like to use the dice tower in order to keep the player's meta-knowledge under control. For instance, the player may think they made a good argument but their deception skill check was a natural 1. I like to play this out without the player knowing they failed immediately; they'll find out through the actions of the NPC.

Regarding language: I'm no sailor, but I am known to use bad language every once in a while. If you know you're sensitive to this then you should probably not sign up. That being said, I have no tolerance for any language that can be considered sexist, racist, or LGBT phobic.

If this sounds like a good game for you then sign up before Saturday July 28th. Let me know what kind of character you'd like to play (race / class / background / alignment). I will send out invites Tuesday the 24th.

Game Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3143

Edit Note: Everyone here is so awesome that I've received more than enough high quality applications already in just one day. I originally set the date of invites and last day of applications for the 28th, but I changed this date to the 24th to give anyone seeing this post over the weekend a chance to apply. This will also give the people chosen more time to think about their character decisions and review their options.
Cheers : )

CLAPKILLER
July 20th, 2018, 16:15
I’m interested but I can’t get the link for the calendar to open

B3hodlr
July 20th, 2018, 17:26
Don't worry about the calendar, I just posted that to give people 2 different ways of finding the game. Send me a PM if you'd like to join with your character ideas.

I’m interested but I can’t get the link for the calendar to open

beholdernj
July 20th, 2018, 19:59
Interested here.

pfrandsen
July 20th, 2018, 20:26
I would be in for sure. I am east coast usa. Thinking of Tabaxi ranger( chaotic neutral) prob gloom stalker or Triton paladin (lawful neutral) oath of ancients. have fg ultimate.

pfrandsen
July 20th, 2018, 20:28
I like fairly heavy rp and enjoy really fleshing out characters.

PureHatred
July 20th, 2018, 21:18
I'm interested in playing, I'm very dedicated. However this start time is right around when I'm talking my holidays and I may have some scheduling conflicts.

snowsiff22
July 20th, 2018, 23:53
I'd be potentially interested in throwing my hat in for the campaign. Also my wife would be interested in playing.

aella
July 21st, 2018, 00:48
I'm the wife! I would love to join!

Texorcist50
July 21st, 2018, 03:12
I posted in the calendar and here also. I would like to play a healer as my work is "healing" of a sorts. I Like to create characters with as much personality as I can manage without trying to spend the whole game "acting", I really can not do voices so I don't try. I am toying with the idea if an character with a HUGE amount of empathy for others even to the point of self sacrifice. Or a healer who is overwhelmed, self absorbed and burnt out, Think Dr. HOUSE ,
I have been a D&D player for many many years, but not so much online. I am wanting some good experience online so I can DM as much as possible. I hope to have an ongoing campaign with friends and maybe 1 or 2 open to people from this forum. I have fantasy ground Ultimate and all of the core rulebooks.

JayceStorm
July 21st, 2018, 19:58
Two players interested. We are in San Diego but the EDT playtime works for us. Have FG and been using it as a hybrid DM tool for my F2F game. Looking forward to trying it out from the other side of the screen.

B3hodlr
July 24th, 2018, 22:03
Thanks everyone for your interest in the campaign! I have sent out invites today and received responses from everyone so unfortunately, I won't be accepting any more applications. Hope everyone can find a new game!
Cheers : )