PDA

View Full Version : Feature Idea - DM/GM Designation

Coren
July 19th, 2018, 21:59
So, I'm fairly new to the use of FG and I'll be shocked if this hasn't been brought up before, so if there's already an answer/discussion thread, please point me in that direction.

Can we get the ability to designate someone connecting to our games as a DM?

I've got an ultimate license and the full suite of 5e (in for a penny, in for a pound right?) and while I love DMing, I know sometimes I'd rather play and let one of my players DM for a bit (maybe a small adventure or one-shot) but they can't host the games in FG. I don't have a problem purchasing it all because I DM regularly, but that's an unrealistic expectation for a casual/new DM. From my perspective it would be like me buying all the books and just letting one of my players come over and prep/run a game at my house every now and again. I'd still have to have the game running and connected and such for them to do any work in it, but it would be nice to be able to do that.

Its one of the few short comings I've seen with playing around with FGs.

Thoughts/feedback?

Trenloe
July 19th, 2018, 22:16
Welcome to the forums.

Yes, it's been discussed many times before. It's on the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40882

This would require a major change to the architecture of FG to allow anything like this. And there are other higher priorities than this. Might it happen? Yes, it's possible. Might it happen really soon? To be totally honest, probably not...

Coren
July 19th, 2018, 22:26
I figured such was the case. Thanks for the prompt feed back.

damned
July 20th, 2018, 00:49
The best option in your scenario for a caual GM would be for them to take out an Ultimate Subscription for the duration that they are running and then wither stick to the SRD or run from a purchased module like Curse of Strahd.
Or to even run a completely different ruleset like Savage Worlds or Traveller.
This will minimise any costs and duplication.