PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mod to colorize magical items text?

Gix
July 18th, 2018, 04:09
(see title) meaning, that [Keen Edged Greataxe] is colorful but [Dagger] is just a dagger, and is normal.

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2018, 05:41
I'm pretty sure colored text is not supported anywhere within FG. Sorry :(

Trenloe
July 18th, 2018, 05:47
Coloured text is supported. The issue is that you can't have different colours within the same chat line/control text. So a line output to chat has to be all the same colour. A label for a control has to be all the same colour. Text within a field has to be all the same colour. And so on...

Gix
July 18th, 2018, 06:05
So a line in inventory could be blue if magical?

Trenloe
July 18th, 2018, 06:12
So a line in inventory could be blue if magical?
If you want to do the code to change the colour, yes. Use the setColor command for the text control: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/textbasecontrol.xcp#setColor

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2018, 16:19
Cool, thanks Trenloe, I thought that was only for chat and not other locations :)

celestian
July 18th, 2018, 18:35
Cool, thanks Trenloe, I thought that was only for chat and not other locations :)

I've been poking around with this myself. I want to highlight specific story entries for Author to indicate they are "sub-chapters". For my situation it's a bit more complex but for character inventory it should be pretty easy.

mr900rr
July 19th, 2018, 05:33
Yeah as they said you cant change the color within the same line so if you wanted the text to be a different color with the magic weapon used it would include the "character name: [ATTACK(M)] Battleaxe +2" now I guess you could have the weapon name on a separate line since it gets word wrapped to next line anyway, I will see if I can do that but here is an extension that will do the above for the attack action. Didn't know about the setColor I might try to redo it using that. And I like the Idea of the colored for inventory gonna tak a poke at that.