PDA

View Full Version : GM dices shadowed

dragonheels
July 16th, 2018, 13:42
Hello,
I've just heard from a player that all the rolls I do as a GM are shadowed in the chat. The result is visible (Show GM rolls option is on ON) but the animation is grey. Is it normal ? The players see other players' roll OK.

damned
July 16th, 2018, 13:59
The dice are shadows when the GM rolls but the result will display with those Options set.

dragonheels
July 16th, 2018, 14:00
Thanks Damned. Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss sth :)

Doswelk
July 16th, 2018, 15:14
What I have always liked about the shadowed dice when the GM rolls them is you can tell when they explode... this might seem a "problem" to some people but I disagree:

1) If I am running a face-to-face game I would have to pick up the dice and roll them again so my players already know I have aced
2) If you are rolling for damage or an NPC hostile action the players start to worry BEFORE the result arrives (always fun as the GM)

The best roll I have ever had was 45 on a d4, oh boy was the player freaking out (he had said just before I rolled the damage, "the things only got a strength of d4 how bad could it be")

JohnD
July 16th, 2018, 22:37
The best roll I have ever had was 45 on a d4, oh boy was the player freaking out (he had said just before I rolled the damage, "the things only got a strength of d4 how bad could it be")

I've done something similar to three characters in the same round, after doing it to two other characters the round immediately before. A sour tasting TPK.

Doswelk
July 17th, 2018, 07:17
I've done something similar to three characters in the same round, after doing it to two other characters the round immediately before. A sour tasting TPK.
EEEEP!
That's why I use the 4 wounds damage cap option in 4.7 all the time now :)