PDA

View Full Version : 1) thanks and 2) thoughts

LordNanoc
July 15th, 2018, 20:44
First and foremost: congrats @MadBeardMan for your progress and thanks for all the work you're investing. I believe this should be said more often :)

I am curently setting together a campaign and have already created 3 PCs. Two I created on my laptop, one I created with a friend on his, while being logged into my campaign. He could roll his base stats of course, but he could not add any skills, as there weren't any on his client even though he was connected to my campaign. I completed his char on my laptop as GM then. He just did the rolling. Does he need to purchase the whole module to play, add items to his char etc. or is there another way.

Background is, we are part of a D&D 5E campaign and there you only need the D&D ruleset as a dungeonmaster. As a player you don't need the module.

I also found another problem: I loaded one of the deckplans (Scout Type S) and tried to let my chars fight some NPCs I created. But sadly, when I add my chars to the CT, their stats are zero. Their actual stats are not reflected and therefore they die in the first round as soon as they're hit and the program checks their stats ... what am I doing wrong?

Also, we created a K'Kree char - don't laugh now - because my wife wants to play a unicorn :D:D:D and a K'Kree mutant seems to be the best choice. Also my campaign will start in the gateway sector and border skirmishes with one or more K'Kree clans might occur (depending on where my Travellers will head to).
According to the core rules, you roll 3d6 for strength with this one. The char got 17 strength (wow) and I entered this. Sadly, the DM did stay on zero. The +2 I awaited did not show up. I had to go back as far as STR 14 to get the DM. Hmmm ... not the result I liked. Am I doing something wrong or is this a real bug? I mean, this could always happen even to a human getting battle augmentations or so...

All in all I am happy with Traveller on FG and am looking forward to further updates!
I will happily give y'all all my story data of my campaign as soon as it has been played (don't wanna spoil it for any of my players if they happen to stumble upon this forum) :)

Travel on, guys!
cya
Nanoc

Trenloe
July 16th, 2018, 00:01
For the issue with the player not seeing the skills, I’m guessing that the player didn’t enable the relevant library module? By default, when a player first joins a campaign they have to open the required module/s that the GM has allowed access to in order to see the contents of that module.

LordNanoc
July 17th, 2018, 16:50
ok, following of my issues I could resolve:

1) Problem with PC stats being zero in the combat window
I had to reset the wound tracker in the PCs char sheet. (D'oh) ... sometimes it's the small things that bring us to fall ... :D

2) Problem with players not being able to access skills library in a campaign or during char creation
The modules were loaded but blocked for the players (red X). At first I could not change the red X to a green checkmark, because the FG GUI is somewhat ... well, I will call it "strange", to keep my language clean here, but you catch my meaning ;) ... You need to grab the green checkmark at the lower left corner of the modules dialog and drag it over the red X that is right next to the module you want to unblock. Only then the red X changes to a green checkmark and the module is unblocked.

Still got no idea how I get my K'Kree girl her +2 strength DM ...

Anyways, I hope this helps newcomers to circumnavigate some of the roughs of the game :)
cya

Trenloe
July 17th, 2018, 16:59
If in doubt drag/drop and/or check the user manual: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Availability

LordNanoc
July 19th, 2018, 15:33
Thanks for your help.

I also managed personal combat quite well now. First PCs and NPCs into the combat tracker and only AFTER this, you can drag their tokens from the CT to a map. Map needs a grid, but that's ok. Only if you got this order right, players can target NPCs in the map and it shows in the CT.

What I have not yet got my head around is vehicle combat in FG. CT doesn't work. Is it all "roll manually"? The tokens don't even show on the party sheet, so I can only describe the situation and let them roll and enter damage etc manually... that feels unsatisfying.
Am I doing something wrong?

Any idea for my above mentioned DM problem when a stat is overly high?

TIA.
Nanoc

damned
July 19th, 2018, 16:47
Thanks for your help.

I also managed personal combat quite well now. First PCs and NPCs into the combat tracker and only AFTER this, you can drag their tokens from the CT to a map. Map needs a grid, but that's ok. Only if you got this order right, players can target NPCs in the map and it shows in the CT.

What I have not yet got my head around is vehicle combat in FG. CT doesn't work. Is it all "roll manually"? The tokens don't even show on the party sheet, so I can only describe the situation and let them roll and enter damage etc manually... that feels unsatisfying.
Am I doing something wrong?

Any idea for my above mentioned DM problem when a stat is overly high?

TIA.
Nanoc

The developer is aware of the issue with stats over 14.
Im sure it will be fixed in the next update.
For now Id set the stats back to 14 so you at least get the 14 update.

LordNanoc
July 19th, 2018, 20:30
thanks alot!