PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Armory ?

ChumSlinger
July 15th, 2018, 18:07
Are any developers working on/planning to work on an FG conversion for the new "Starfinder Armory" rule book? Any planned release date?

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2018, 21:30
I believe Samarex is working on that conversion.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
July 16th, 2018, 00:07
Are any developers working on/planning to work on an FG conversion for the new "Starfinder Armory" rule book? Any planned release date?

Yes it is in work. It should be ready in a couple weeks. Alot of data to input but I will get it out.
Currently Starfinder is my prymary platform. And I try to stay on top of new. thing comming out for it.

ChumSlinger
July 16th, 2018, 01:01
Woohoo! Thank you for the update and thank you for the amazing work that you have done!

xanstin
July 19th, 2018, 16:17
Great Job as always Russell!

Blahness98
July 19th, 2018, 18:29
Great, more stuff for me to add to my OGL module I am working on. Not a bad thing in the least!

Samarex
July 28th, 2018, 10:47
Great, more stuff for me to add to my OGL module I am working on. Not a bad thing in the least!

Been a slight delay for this conversion. Chapter 2 adds some new player options too classes. I am in the process of making some changes to the rule set so that some stuff can be pulled in globally across several modules so that we dont have Classes in every module to add new content to them.
This will help with the Armory and furture products that this type of additional stuff is added.

Blahness98
July 28th, 2018, 21:11
Been a slight delay for this conversion. Chapter 2 adds some new player options too classes. I am in the process of making some changes to the rule set so that some stuff can be pulled in globally across several modules so that we dont have Classes in every module to add new content to them.

That is AWESOME! I can then remove the Devastator and the Caustic versions of the soldier and mystic I have in the modules. Also allows for easy access for the Infosphere mystic from Everyman for that module I have going..

jseagles
August 3rd, 2018, 03:02
Can't wait for the armory and different weapon effects and new land vehicles. hope all the vehicle and starship combat mechanics come together soon also!

Thanks guys for the hard work

Nylanfs
August 7th, 2018, 17:58
Welcome to the forums and FG Community!

merkvah
August 8th, 2018, 00:41
Yes it is in work. It should be ready in a couple weeks. Alot of data to input but I will get it out.
Currently Starfinder is my prymary platform. And I try to stay on top of new. thing comming out for it.

Woo hoo! Thank you, Samarex!!

digitalirony
August 8th, 2018, 22:09
Just wanted to check in and see how close are getting to this being released?
Should be really close right? You had said only a few weeks about a month ago. I know stuff happens, so no rush. But just wanted to get an idea if I could expect it for my upcoming games?

Samarex
August 8th, 2018, 22:39
Just wanted to check in and see how close are getting to this being released?
Should be really close right? You had said only a few weeks about a month ago. I know stuff happens, so no rush. But just wanted to get an idea if I could expect it for my upcoming games?

Yes, I know I quoted a few weeks, but while workung on it I found that chapter 2 was going to be a problem as we had no way to intridue the new feature stuff into a class. So I started working on some rule set update to allow new content to be added, then the CoreRPG update introduced some issues in the ruleset when it released, so I had to fix that.
I am working on it but need the ruleset change so we dont have a whole class in every book that releases new content to a class.
If there are items in the book you would like to use in a game, for now you can create that item in your campaign then when this releases just replace it for the new book.
Sorry its taking so long but its comming

digitalirony
August 8th, 2018, 22:44
Yes, I know I quoted a few weeks, but while workung on it I found that chapter 2 was going to be a problem as we had no way to intridue the new feature stuff into a class. So I started working on some rule set update to allow new content to be added, then the CoreRPG update introduced some issues in the ruleset when it released, so I had to fix that.
I am working on it but need the ruleset change so we dont have a whole class in every book that releases new content to a class.
If there are items in the book you would like to use in a game, for now you can create that item in your campaign then when this releases just replace it for the new book.
Sorry its taking so long but its comming

No need to apologize! I am also an engineer, so I know how it goes. I just wanted to check in and see what the timeline was looking like.

Keep up all your hard work! And thanks!

imjedi
August 9th, 2018, 03:37
Samarex, would any sort of data entry help you? Is there anything the community could do that would help make it faster for the content, leaving you to just manage the code/rule/interactions?

Torg Smith
August 9th, 2018, 13:16
Samarex, would any sort of data entry help you? Is there anything the community could do that would help make it faster for the content, leaving you to just manage the code/rule/interactions?

It was noted in another thread that one of the people working on this had some health issues, so you need to hang on. Coordinating and validating a bunch of unorganized data entry would not be very efficient. That would add work.

imjedi
August 9th, 2018, 14:31
It was noted in another thread that one of the people working on this had some health issues, so you need to hang on. Coordinating and validating a bunch of unorganized data entry would not be very efficient. That would add work.

While I understand your point, my post in no way implied I was anxious or unwilling to 'hang on'. I am a ex-developer myself, and sometimes not having to do the tedious data entry is a benefit for me. While I was not suggesting I code anything(I don't know the basics) I could easily copy static data for use by the person that does know the basics. It is the only reason I asked, as I legitimately was offering my support 'if' it was possible. If Samarex responded saying, sorry no, but its just not possible. I would graciously just hang on till it is done. I am in no rush, but just trying to help wherever I can.

Samarex
August 9th, 2018, 16:09
While I understand your point, my post in no way implied I was anxious or unwilling to 'hang on'. I am a ex-developer myself, and sometimes not having to do the tedious data entry is a benefit for me. While I was not suggesting I code anything(I don't know the basics) I could easily copy static data for use by the person that does know the basics. It is the only reason I asked, as I legitimately was offering my support 'if' it was possible. If Samarex responded saying, sorry no, but its just not possible. I would graciously just hang on till it is done. I am in no rush, but just trying to help wherever I can.

First off I agree with both sides of this, Yes the data entry would help, but will still need verified which would take ti,e also.

MY biggest issue is that I would fell very uncomfortable in allowing someone to do a bunch of work on something I am getting paid to do.

So thanks for the offer but I don't feel its right and probably against the work agreement I have with the company.

imjedi
August 9th, 2018, 17:50
First off I agree with both sides of this, Yes the data entry would help, but will still need verified which would take ti,e also.

MY biggest issue is that I would fell very uncomfortable in allowing someone to do a bunch of work on something I am getting paid to do.

So thanks for the offer but I don't feel its right and probably against the work agreement I have with the company.

Sounds good and perfectly reasonable for why you shouldn't have assistance.

We shall all wait patiently. Keep up the great work!

goodmanje
August 9th, 2018, 19:59
This is going to be a nice addition. Looking forward to the new adventure path sometime in the future as well!

rdwulfe
August 11th, 2018, 12:34
I love seeing how active the continued development of this is. I just bought FG and the Starfinder ruleset last night, for my group to play. Thank you all for your continued work.

Bidmaron
August 11th, 2018, 13:52
Welcome to FG, rdwulfe! The boards are very active.

Savage Sully
September 5th, 2018, 17:24
Bump

Grognir
September 14th, 2018, 17:19
Just wanted to ask how close is the Armory to being released on FG?
I'm starting my groups first ever Starfinder game next week and there was some excitement on the new class options for Operative and Soldier.
I know there have been issues but i was just curious, unsure on the protocol as i'm new here :)

Samarex
September 14th, 2018, 22:28
Just wanted to ask how close is the Armory to being released on FG?
I'm starting my groups first ever Starfinder game next week and there was some excitement on the new class options for Operative and Soldier.
I know there have been issues but i was just curious, unsure on the protocol as i'm new here :)

I just got the update to the support software I needed, Im coding the Ruleset to support the new setup,

Grognir
September 15th, 2018, 14:12
I just got the update to the support software I needed, Im coding the Ruleset to support the new setup,

That's great news, thank you!

Wotan42
September 27th, 2018, 02:31
So what's the ETA on the Armory now? I'm chomping at the bit to buy it. Wanna get gone from Roll20, but I'd really like to have the Armory. You guys are great, no complaints, just noticed there hasn't been un update on this in a couple weeks so thought I'd toss in a bump to see what's up.

Samarex
September 27th, 2018, 02:59
I am working on the Armory module as I speak, There are a couple minor issues with the rule set we are ironing out also.
Hope to have it out soon...
Really Sorry All for taking so long on this project. But it really thru a bug into the system that needed figured out.

merkvah
September 27th, 2018, 04:34
I am working on the Armory module as I speak, There are a couple minor issues with the rule set we are ironing out also.
Hope to have it out soon...
Really Sorry All for taking so long on this project. But it really thru a bug into the system that needed figured out.

We're grateful for all the work you've put into it, Samarex. Thank you! Very much looking forward to picking this up when it goes live!

rdwulfe
September 27th, 2018, 11:07
Let me just say: wooohoooo.

Blahness98
September 27th, 2018, 13:45
If you don't want to wait, I have an OGL version out. It doesn't have the class options, but it should have all the other weapons/items available.

Saeval
October 16th, 2018, 18:18
Any word on the progress of the Armory? I know there were some things to work out with player class options in addition to equipment as well as some sickness to deal with and I hope everyone involved is feeling better. I'm just overly curious and really excited to get as much Starfinder content as I can because I'm loving this system.

Samarex
October 16th, 2018, 19:44
Any word on the progress of the Armory? I know there were some things to work out with player class options in addition to equipment as well as some sickness to deal with and I hope everyone involved is feeling better. I'm just overly curious and really excited to get as much Starfinder content as I can because I'm loving this system.

Ruleset looks ok and the Armory conversation is done. Its been turned in for QA and Paizo approval. Once it comes back it should not be long.

And I amm already working on Alien Archive II

tanatoaster
October 21st, 2018, 06:36
nice samarex thats really awsome. with all the new resources coming out for star-finder your work is going to make my games a whole lot easier to run. thanks so much man

Sicaedus
October 23rd, 2018, 21:33
With Paizo's content release cycle. You should have plenty to keep you busy, if not slightly overwhelmed. ;)

Samarex
October 26th, 2018, 02:37
With Paizo's content release cycle. You should have plenty to keep you busy, if not slightly overwhelmed. ;)

Yep, Alien Archive II already in work about 1/2 thru it.

tanatoaster
October 28th, 2018, 02:31
Yep, Alien Archive II already in work about 1/2 thru it.

awesome seriously. i know you mentioned that you already finished armory and its just waiting for paizo and final approval is what i think you said cant remember exactly but as someone as involved in this as you are Samarex, you got any clue how long that approval process takes. no pressure or stress meant just curious about the whole process.

Samarex
October 28th, 2018, 03:34
awesome seriously. i know you mentioned that you already finished armory and its just waiting for paizo and final approval is what i think you said cant remember exactly but as someone as involved in this as you are Samarex, you got any clue how long that approval process takes. no pressure or stress meant just curious about the whole process.

I believe the conversion has came back approved, there was only one thing missing, but I have already fixed it.

What we are waiting on now is internal approval of the rule set changes made (1.0.12) which incorporate a Class Record restructure to support the ability to add new abilities to existing features.
I am currently awaiting the approval. Once that is done you should see both the Rule set and Armory pushed out.

Thank you all for your patience in this matter.

Blacklamb
October 30th, 2018, 19:31
I was sad to see today's patch release did not have the rule set changes. Maybe next week, There is so much Starfinder content backed up behind it, and I'm about to get to one of the AP books I know is done but waiting for the rule set update. Plus I want to give FG money for Armory too.

imjedi
October 30th, 2018, 22:17
I was sad to see today's patch release did not have the rule set changes. Maybe next week, There is so much Starfinder content backed up behind it, and I'm about to get to one of the AP books I know is done but waiting for the rule set update. Plus I want to give FG money for Armory too.

I agree. It seems like work has been done and ready for a bit now but still no update for us.

Salz78
October 31st, 2018, 22:39
Agreed, is getting a little frustrating, but all we can do is be patienter I guess. We're behind like two books and a couple of adventure modules. =(

madman
November 1st, 2018, 20:33
just bought this! its in the store!

Calirae
November 1st, 2018, 20:44
I'm a little bit confused with the Armory release. I thought the Armory couldn't be released until we got the 1.0.12 patch, because of some class changes? Now we got the Armory released, but we are still on 1.0.11c for the ruleset.

Samarex
November 1st, 2018, 23:30
I'm a little bit confused with the Armory release. I thought the Armory couldn't be released until we got the 1.0.12 patch, because of some class changes? Now we got the Armory released, but we are still on 1.0.11c for the ruleset.

I will check in the status, they should have pushed the update also if the released the product.

I will also test the Armory with the current rule set. That is something I did not test to see how it would effect. But I think everything will be ok except that you wont get the class options material until the rule set updates. All the gear should be fine.
But I will verify and repost.

Edited
Ok I was able to get on the PC and check it out. The Armory will load ok without any issues, You get all the equipment and stuff except for the information that is in Chapter 2 Class Options.
that information will be accessible once they push the rule set live.
I am checking on the status of that now, but if they put the Armory on the store I am guessing that they finished testing and it should be going Live soon.

Samarex
November 2nd, 2018, 01:38
UPDATE

Not sure if they fixed it or its a issue with the loader detecting something new. But I loaded Live and ran a Check for Updates and the system updated to 1.0.12a

Edited
Sorry I had it set to Test server forgot to select Live!

Live is still 1.0.11c

If you switch to Test it will update your Campaigns and you can't go back. So I suggest Staying with 1.0.11c until 12 goes live.