PDA

View Full Version : Mouse problems with Fantasy Grounds

goodmanje
July 13th, 2018, 21:36
Does anybody else have choppy mouse performance when using FG? Sometimes it lags and jumps around when I'm moving the mouse. Clicking on things is always a little inaccurate and it slows me down when navigating around. I have a Dell with i7 processor and 12G of RAM. Does it whether I have any other programs running or not. FG is the only application this happens with. I can run Photoshop and it moves perfectly smooth.

Thanks

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2018, 21:57
Nope, not me. Have you checked your mouse driver? I always suggest using the one from the mouse manufacturer (i.e. I use Logitech) and not the default Windows mouse driver.

I wonder if it's a graphics driver issue or Direct X too. We know their are Direct X issues at times so I'd be suspicious of that...

JohnQPublic
July 13th, 2018, 22:08
I was having some mouse 'hitching' last month. Updating video drivers is what fixed it.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2018, 22:10
This sounds like the other jerky/laggy reports for Intel embedded graphics cards or certain video drivers. What graphics card are you using?

damned
July 14th, 2018, 00:35
Also what is your RAM usage for Fantasy Grounds when this happens?

goodmanje
July 14th, 2018, 01:25
Nevermind…. it actually turned out to be the mouse. I don't know why it didn't do it with other applications but I replaced it with a standard USB mouse and the problem is gone. This was after upgrading drivers and everything. It was a pretty decent Logitech mouse so I don't know what the deal was. Anyway, working great now with the other mouse.