PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the next/previous links in a Story?

thurn
July 9th, 2018, 05:37
I have a Story in FantasyGrounds from Curse of Strahd, and I want to insert a new page into the story. I'm able to create a new page just fine, but it does not appear to be possible to insert it into the existing story in such a way that the next/previous links for the story navigate to it. Instead, all stories created by me exist in their own independent next/previous navigation hierarchy.

damned
July 9th, 2018, 06:34
I have a Story in FantasyGrounds from Curse of Strahd, and I want to insert a new page into the story. I'm able to create a new page just fine, but it does not appear to be possible to insert it into the existing story in such a way that the next/previous links for the story navigate to it. Instead, all stories created by me exist in their own independent next/previous navigation hierarchy.

Welcome thurn

You cant actually insert your page into that reference.
You will need to create a manual link in the preceding and following pages.

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2018, 09:14
You will notice that the Stories all have a number. That is what determines how they appear in the list. So you would have to number your story so that the number falls between the numbers that exist already. This is something you cannot do effectively without renumbering an entire section of story entries.

thurn
July 9th, 2018, 15:41
I believe @damned is correct here -- numbering custom story entries does not affect the behavior next/previous links for stories you get from a module like Curse of Strahd. They have their own built-in hierarchy.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2018, 16:29
I believe @damned is correct here -- numbering custom story entries does not affect the behavior next/previous links for stories you get from a module like Curse of Strahd. They have their own built-in hierarchy.
Correct.