PDA

View Full Version : Help with Steam mods

Jittery Sauce
July 8th, 2018, 21:36
I bought a mini dungeon mod from steam. I can't find out how to add it to my mod list. Can anyone help?

Halfront
July 8th, 2018, 21:39
My first thought is have you "linked" your Steam purchases with FG?

You do this by going into your FG settings under "manage" and select link Steam Purchases.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2018, 21:50
Indeed. You need to link your Steam and Smiteworks accounts via the manage button and then do an update of FG. Any time you buy a module the way to install it is to update FG.

And welcome to the forums Jittery Sauce.

Jittery Sauce
July 8th, 2018, 22:00
Just did that still not working after i update. Does it take time?

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2018, 22:21
Make sure that you clear your username from the box in settings before clicking manage. Enter your username and password when asked and ensure that once you have completed the sync that you get a confirmation message. You can also go into your account on the store page and click on sync Steam purchases (from the Store menu at the top). Additionally have you checked that the module hasn't already downloaded and installed? Go to Library in the main FG campaign window and then click on modules. You will get a list of installled modules. Find the one you bought and click the load button. You'll now have access to the content of the module from the Library or from the buttons on the right.

One other thing make sure that your license is correct as well. If on the start screen at the top right it says 3.3.5 DEMO then your licence hasn't properly registered. Go into settings and ensure that your license key and your username and password are correctly entered and update FG. The 'Demo' bit should go away or be replaced by ULTIMATE depending on the license you have.

Jittery Sauce
July 8th, 2018, 23:29
Doesn't seem to work, everything looks to be done as you suggested but still don't see it. Is there a way to manually transfer the mod into the folder.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2018, 23:34
No, modules are downloaded and installed from Smiteworks in a protected state. What module did you buy and is it for the ruleset you are using?

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2018, 23:35
No, modules are downloaded and installed from Smiteworks in a protected state. What module did you buy and is it for the ruleset you are using?

Can you also post a screenshot of the copyright messages you see in chat when you start up FG

Jittery Sauce
July 9th, 2018, 01:25
bought the mini dungeon 5E #oo1

dberkompas
July 9th, 2018, 02:15
Stupid question, but do you know how to load a module from the library?

Dave

Jittery Sauce
July 9th, 2018, 03:02
when in game click library then modules bottom left button

dberkompas
July 9th, 2018, 03:05
Ok, just wanted to make sure that you knew that modules need to be loaded in order to be used.

You may want to hop onto the Fantasy Grounds College discord server, and join the 'Ask the Experts' channel. Some person with the nickname Z or something like that has been most helpful to me.
https://www.fantasygroundscollege.net/

Dave

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2018, 10:54
Go into your FGData folder (Click the folder icon top right of the start screen) and find the vault folder. In there see if there is a file called AAWFG5EMD001.dat. If there is delete it and update FG again. If there isn't such a file then it hasn't downloaded and installed properly. Check that what you bought is actually the 6e version of the module and not the PFRPG one.

If you have bought the correct one then I'm still thinking there is an issue with your account synchronisation. Try going into your FG install folder (Program Files(x86)/Fantasy Grounds and delete the fantasygroundsupdater.exe and then run Fantasy Grounds to force the updater to redownload. Check to see if your module has now installed.

If all that doesn't work can you send an email to [email protected] and refer to this post and explain the situation and they'll be able to check everything at their end and hopefully diagnose the issue.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2018, 16:28
@Jittery Sauce - if the file Zacchaeus mentions is not there, and you've confirmed that you've bought the 5E version on Steam, then please try the process again that Zacchaeus outlined in post #5. I know you've done it already, but please try it again - clear your FG login details and enter them again, go into the Steam account sync and do this again (using the same username you used for the FG login details), and then run a FG update.

Also, please supply the version information that is shown in the top right hand of the main FG start screen. Does it show v3.3.5, v3.3.5 ULTIMATE or v3.3.5 FREE??

Jittery Sauce
July 9th, 2018, 19:05
I just reinstalled steam and fantasy grounds and took everything one step at a time from the start. I got it all working and updating properly not sure exactly what was done wrong or if i caught some random error. But thanks for the help everyone.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2018, 19:06
Glad you got it working.

FYI - you don't need Steam installed on the computer. The only connection between Steam and FG is the Steam sync web page.