PDA

View Full Version : Sound and Music... Well music.

Oberoten
May 25th, 2006, 20:24
A good middle way for the condendrum of music and/or sound might be MIDI-files and Wav only.

There is a lot of copyrightfree MIDIs out there, they are small and faster to download than the PNG files. They are also so low a quality that there is little problem in the area of copyright.

I imagine if they could be used the same way as the images directory, the GM could send them out to be pre-loaded and then activate them when aproperiate. Maybe one could cap the maximum size of the Wav files if such were to be used much in the same way?

Griogre
May 25th, 2006, 21:55
Do a search on sound effects and you will see there has been a great deal of conversation on it. I believe the developers are interested in doing sound effects but as a low priority.

Oberoten
May 25th, 2006, 22:00
I thought the priority was low because of how much it'd increase download times etc?

As such Midi would be a very good solution.

Griogre
May 25th, 2006, 22:15
I would say rather how much up bandwidth the host would have to use. Up is usually the limiter from the host and when you have to farm it out to all your players it runs out fast. I think they were thinking more of streaming. Your send then play later idea is very viable, IMHO.

Tambryn
May 26th, 2006, 03:20
I like radiorivendale.com.

at least that I think is the link.

Tam

kalmarjan
May 26th, 2006, 05:23
Do you mean:

https://www.radiorivendell.com/

If so, a very cool station

Sandeman

Tambryn
May 28th, 2006, 18:19
there you go, and yes it is awesome

tam

Ilwan
May 29th, 2006, 17:03
Ive used www.rpgsoundmixer.com for my live games for soke time. Unfortunalty that doesn't work online and sharing sound with other players online. Instead I've used shoutcast (winamp plugin) to share music and sometimes sounds (growling, tavern brawls etc.). That way U listen to the same thing as your group. If its just for the music, I agree that radio rivendell is awesome, unfortunatly the servers are very often full.