PDA

View Full Version : Unsupported Game Systems Offer

damned
July 5th, 2018, 04:13
If you are playing or want to play a game system that doesnt have a current ruleset consider the following:

I will make myself available for 30-60mins to show you how to use MoreCore to setup and run your game table on the following proviso -
You will in turn prepare at a minimum a fully setup character sheet and a couple of paragraphs on how to use and upload these here to the forums for others to use.

Around 9,000 MoreCore games were run last year but hardly anyone has posted any Character sheets/setups for their games. It would be great to share your setups so that others can also use them and can also improve upon them.

I may also consider a Theme session as well.

Be aware - Im in Australia and most of you are not so we will need to negotiate a time suitable to both...

--

Edit: The first session took about 2 hours...

superteddy57
July 5th, 2018, 14:30
I'm actually trying my hand at some unconventional games with MoreCore or CoreRPG. I'm working on using Fantasy Grounds for Blood Bowl, Battletech, and some of the Two Hour Wargames selections as well. Still in the development stages and working on adding some specific functionality. The common program among my friends is Fantasy Grounds, so trying to expand it's uses with some wargaming and games we like to play. Nothing to share quite yet.

Gwydion
July 5th, 2018, 15:17
If you are playing or want to play a game system that doesnt have a current ruleset consider the following:

I will make myself available for 30-60mins to show you how to use MoreCore to setup and run your game table on the following proviso -
You will in turn prepare at a minimum a fully setup character sheet and a couple of paragraphs on how to use and upload these here to the forums for others to use.

Around 9,000 MoreCore games were run last year but hardly anyone has posted any Character sheets/setups for their games. It would be great to share your setups so that others can also use them and can also improve upon them.

I may also consider a Theme session as well.

Be aware - Im in Australia and most of you are not so we will need to negotiate a time suitable to both...

Hey, damned... Question. I prepared level 0 characters for all the base classes for SotDL that included dice rolls, etc but I was concerned that if I uploaded them to help people it would violate copyright. I assume I still need to worry about copyright with the characters before I upload, right?

damned
July 5th, 2018, 15:39
Hey, damned... Question. I prepared level 0 characters for all the base classes for SotDL that included dice rolls, etc but I was concerned that if I uploaded them to help people it would violate copyright. I assume I still need to worry about copyright with the characters before I upload, right?

Unless your character sheet contains copious amounts of cut and paste text from the rulebooks then it is ok to share them.

Gwydion
July 5th, 2018, 15:40
Unless your character sheet contains copious amounts of cut and paste text from the rulebooks then it is ok to share them.

Cool... I will go back and ensure they do not so I can share them. That was the whole reason I created them and then I got cold feet. Thanks!

LordEntrails
July 5th, 2018, 18:46

My understanding is that except in very rare cases; titles, names, etc that would be found on a character sheet could not be copyrighted. What would be copyrighted is descriptive text. So including the descriptions of what a features/ability/race/class is or does would not be allowed, but having a field that is named and the player can then fill in either with the value or the descriptive text would be fine.

So, to clarify, their are a few names that some game systems consider Product Identity, some I think are 'Bigby', or 'Mind Flayer', etc. But those are generally not things you would put in a character sheet. Other systems might have some field name that is considered PI, but I can't think of any. Things that you might want to put on a character sheet but wouldn't be able to would be things like the D&D ampersand, logos, and maybe game names ('Warhammer 40k'). But those are things that a character sheet in FG doesn't need.

Valyar
July 5th, 2018, 19:00
If there will be theming/ruleset modification session, then I for sure will sign up. I have at least 3-4 systems for which there are no rulesets about, but I want to play on FG (Wrath & Glory, Eclipse Phase, Legend of the Five Rings, Corporation).

Visuals are very important for proper immersion into the game world, especially when playing online.

GunbunnyFuFu
July 5th, 2018, 22:57
Damned,

I'd love to take you up on this offer..looking to perhaps set up 2300 A.D. in MoreCore. I've got no problem with posting the character sheets and a blurb about it..

GB

damned
July 5th, 2018, 23:54
My understanding is that except in very rare cases; titles, names, etc that would be found on a character sheet could not be copyrighted. What would be copyrighted is descriptive text. So including the descriptions of what a features/ability/race/class is or does would not be allowed, but having a field that is named and the player can then fill in either with the value or the descriptive text would be fine.

So, to clarify, their are a few names that some game systems consider Product Identity, some I think are 'Bigby', or 'Mind Flayer', etc. But those are generally not things you would put in a character sheet. Other systems might have some field name that is considered PI, but I can't think of any. Things that you might want to put on a character sheet but wouldn't be able to would be things like the D&D ampersand, logos, and maybe game names ('Warhammer 40k'). But those are things that a character sheet in FG doesn't need.

Even though Bigby is PI it doesnt mean you cannot even reference it. Otherwise this thread would also be in breach of copyright.
Logos are copyright but people use other peoples logos all the time - eg when listing their clients on their website.
Copyright is a very grey area.

Definitely dont claim to be official or licensed in your product if you are not.
Dont copy verbatim chunks of text.
Dont use PI (even with my comment above!).

damned
July 5th, 2018, 23:55
Damned,

I'd love to take you up on this offer..looking to perhaps set up 2300 A.D. in MoreCore. I've got no problem with posting the character sheets and a blurb about it..

GB

GunbunnyFuFu you would need to send me some info on the Dice Mechanics in advance unless you know that the rolls are already supported.
And then we would need to work out a time. Perhaps we can do the first in this thread and the second by PM?

GunbunnyFuFu
July 6th, 2018, 00:06
Damned,

For 2300 AD, dice mechanics are 1d10+level of skill as a dice modifier. Target number 2+ for simple tasks, 6+ for routine tasks, 10+ for difficult tasks, 14+ for formidable tasks, and 18+ for impossible tasks. Character Generation uses 4d6-4 (with 0 results being rerolled).

GB

damned
July 6th, 2018, 00:22
Is Dice Modifier additional Dice or a straight numeric bonus?
What are you generating with 4d6-4? Attributes? How do attributes impact the game?

damned
July 6th, 2018, 00:24
If there will be theming/ruleset modification session, then I for sure will sign up. I have at least 3-4 systems for which there are no rulesets about, but I want to play on FG (Wrath & Glory, Eclipse Phase, Legend of the Five Rings, Corporation).

Visuals are very important for proper immersion into the game world, especially when playing online.

Again - Im happy to do this - and then you would need to share the finished extension so that others could also enjoy your theming.
I know some others play Lot5R already but I dont know the other games (ok Ive heard of EP but dont now anything about it).

GunbunnyFuFu
July 6th, 2018, 00:55
Is Dice Modifier additional Dice or a straight numeric bonus?
What are you generating with 4d6-4? Attributes? How do attributes impact the game?

Dice modifiers are straight numeric bonus. Attributes are generated with 4d6-4 (results of 0 are rerolled). The attributes are then divided by 4 to act as modifiers when a skill isn't defined For example, a Education of 12 would have an Attribute Task Modifier of +3, if I recall correctly. So on a roll where education mattered and there was no skill that covered the task, the PC could roll 1d10 and add the +3, looking to equal or beat the target numbers (2/6/10/14/18).

Ctmega
July 6th, 2018, 01:56
I just want to jump in here and say that a while back, I worked with damned on the rolls and details around the AGE system games (Fantasy AGE, Dragon AGE, etc...) and he was awesome. Super responsive and quick to build what was needed. After a little testing, my group and I are now running AGE based games on FG! I strongly recommend anyone looking to enjoy a game that does not have an official ruleset look into MoreCore!

Thanks again for being an awesome member of the FG community damned!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Erin Righ
July 6th, 2018, 04:24
I'd love to take you up on working Classic Battletech RPG into an extension and dice mechanics, I can be available any time as I am retired.

superteddy57
July 6th, 2018, 12:12
2300 AD uses the same mechanics as Mongoose Traveller 1E. The roll is already in MoreCore GB. /trav is the shortcut.

Valarian
July 6th, 2018, 13:03

There's already something for Corporation, it's an extension for the old Foundation ruleset. The ruleset is pretty much the character sheet only, just stories and maps for GMs. The character sheet has dice rolls on a double-click of the skill total. Click on the skill attribute abbreviation to change the attribute associated with the skill.

From my rulesets folder (linked in the signature):
1) Download the Foundation PAK file (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Lr5C1Hpx3TlY4Z2g1QkZEVFk) and put into the FG rulesets folder
2) Download the foundation-Corp EXT file (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Lr5C1Hpx3V1pCUEdxOGNZWVE) and put into the FG extensions folder.
3) Create a campaign using the foundation ruleset and select the Corporation extension.

It's dated, and a little basic, but it's playable. I've run a couple of games using it myself.

superteddy57
July 6th, 2018, 13:15
There's already something for Corporation, it's an extension for the old Foundation ruleset. The ruleset is pretty much the character sheet only, just stories and maps for GMs. The character sheet has dice rolls on a double-click of the skill total. Click on the skill attribute abbreviation to change the attribute associated with the skill.

From my rulesets folder (linked in the signature):
1) Download the Foundation PAK file (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Lr5C1Hpx3TlY4Z2g1QkZEVFk) and put into the FG rulesets folder
2) Download the foundation-Corp EXT file (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Lr5C1Hpx3V1pCUEdxOGNZWVE) and put into the FG extensions folder.
3) Create a campaign using the foundation ruleset and select the Corporation extension.

It's dated, and a little basic, but it's playable. I've run a couple of games using it myself.

I always loved your system. I've checked out your rulesets previously and gave me the idea to use MoreCore as the foundation and just build rulesets with extensions. Seemed like a more simpler approach since most just require tweaks to the character sheet. Just wanted to relay my thanks for making them and sharing.

GunbunnyFuFu
July 6th, 2018, 13:51
The original (GDW) 2300 AD uses a 1d10+Mod mechanic if I recall correctly. The new Mongoose one, however, uses the 2d6+Mod mechanic. The players want to look to see how hard it would be to come up with the sheet for the original system (as they love the old system). If we can't get it to work, we'll use the MgT1E version.

superteddy57
July 6th, 2018, 13:57
The original (GDW) 2300 AD uses a 1d10+Mod mechanic if I recall correctly. The new Mongoose one, however, uses the 2d6+Mod mechanic. The players want to look to see how hard it would be to come up with the sheet for the original system (as they love the old system). If we can't get it to work, we'll use the MgT1E version.

Sorry! Didn't read! I thought you were referring to the MG version. It's a pain sometimes to keep all the versions straight

GunbunnyFuFu
July 6th, 2018, 14:19
It doesn't help that they name different game systems of the same setting the same thing!

damned
July 6th, 2018, 14:20

GunBunny can you try and nail down the mechanics and share before Sunday - thanks!

damned
July 6th, 2018, 14:22
I'd love to take you up on working Classic Battletech RPG into an extension and dice mechanics, I can be available any time as I am retired.

Hola Erin Righ can you share more detail on the dice mechanics and then we can lock in a time?

GunbunnyFuFu
July 6th, 2018, 14:45
Damned,

Will certainly do. I'm looking at the PDF of the rules now. Skill rolls are 1d10+Mod, with TN 2/6/10/14/18 depending on the difficulty of the task. Weapon attacks roll on a table to see where they hit..armor from that location is deducted from the damage (damage is a flat number called Damage Point Value, or DPV), and then remaining damage is applied to character.

Also looking how to adjust the character sheet (adding boxes, etc to track information if possible).

GB

Erin Righ
July 6th, 2018, 22:11
Hola Erin Righ can you share more detail on the dice mechanics and then we can lock in a time?

Coma esta, Damned! I mentioned a little about the dice mechanics to you in another thread. The basics of mechanics are 2d10+mod, exploding, vs Target Number, but it occasionally uses 3d10, exploding, take the highest 2 and add modifiers, and it also occasionally uses the opposite of that, 3d10, exploding, take the lowest 2 and add modifiers. Damage is done in exploding d6s adding an Attribute for melee, so that I think is already done. Mech Combat is accomplished with 2d6 exploding vs Target Number and damage for mech combat is fixed. Let me know when is good for you for time

spite
July 7th, 2018, 00:15
This is a great idea, damned, and I'd love to take you up on this for Fragged Empire. Less about the dice rolls (as they are straight 3d6) but more about how damage is taken and applied, and how to extend MoreCores ability to track attributes and attribute damage.

damned
July 7th, 2018, 01:41
This is a great idea, damned, and I'd love to take you up on this for Fragged Empire. Less about the dice rolls (as they are straight 3d6) but more about how damage is taken and applied, and how to extend MoreCores ability to track attributes and attribute damage.

Hi spite send me your email via PM or direct if you already have my email. Easier to co-ordinate via Email. I think you are much closer to my timezone right?

damned
July 7th, 2018, 01:43
Coma esta, Damned! I mentioned a little about the dice mechanics to you in another thread. The basics of mechanics are 2d10+mod, exploding, vs Target Number, but it occasionally uses 3d10, exploding, take the highest 2 and add modifiers, and it also occasionally uses the opposite of that, 3d10, exploding, take the lowest 2 and add modifiers. Damage is done in exploding d6s adding an Attribute for melee, so that I think is already done. Mech Combat is accomplished with 2d6 exploding vs Target Number and damage for mech combat is fixed. Let me know when is good for you for time

ni hao Erin Righ please tell me more about "the opposite of that, 3d10, exploding, take the lowest 2 and add modifiers"

Erin Righ
July 7th, 2018, 01:52
Well the mechanic is as it sounds; always 3d10 each d10 explodes on a 10 but you discard the highest roll. You are still attempting to roll high, you are just forced to take the lowest dice. If you rolled 3 10s, they would each explode, and if you rolled another 10 on those dice, that "20" (10+10) would explode again, but you would be forced to discard it. It is a penalized roll to reflect untrained skill usage. Anything else?

superteddy57
July 7th, 2018, 03:07
I would love to sit in on any session. Love to learn more and see how things work. Plus would help with me expanding my extension for SotDL to more automation

damned
July 7th, 2018, 04:07
ahoj Erin Righ

So you would know beforehand that the skill was... unskilled and that you would be using only the two lowest results?
Is it still always 3 dice?
Is it always the 2 lowest results?

Erin Righ
July 7th, 2018, 14:26
ahoj Erin Righ

So you would know beforehand that the skill was... unskilled and that you would be using only the two lowest results?
Is it still always 3 dice?
Is it always the 2 lowest results?

Yes, for example; your character picks up a datapad and attempts to bypass a door with no training in security systems. The player knows the character is untrained, so yes, he knows the rules.

Yes it is always 3d10
Yes it is always the lowest 2

damned
July 9th, 2018, 02:57
I had a good, long session with GunbunnyFuFu last night.
We explored the Skill Roll mechanics, Unskilled Rolls and Attribute modifiers and Gravity Modifiers.
We looked at Initiative, Combat Tracker Columns and health. I dont think we have everything there just yet but we could be close.
Several Chat Rolls for Weapons and possibly a couple of other items.
A couple of linked tables and tables called by Rolls using /rollon command
Ive written one new Roll for the 2300AD skills which will be in MoreCore v1.45

Erin Righ
July 9th, 2018, 03:17
sweet, great work guys

damned
July 9th, 2018, 04:07
Merhaba Erin Righ

For a skilled roll its 2 or 3 d6 or d10 and values explode.
You keep the highest 2 values.
You compare against a variable target?

For an unskilled roll its 3 d6 or d10 and values explode.
You keep the lowest 2 values.
You compare against a variable target?

Is that correct?

damned
July 9th, 2018, 04:33
Hallo Erin Righ

Here is the output from a few Skilled and Unskilled rolls with both d10s and d6s.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23938

Erin Righ
July 9th, 2018, 05:12
Awesome, the unskilled doesn't need d6s but that's cool to have anyway

damned
July 9th, 2018, 06:38
Awesome, the unskilled doesn't need d6s but that's cool to have anyway

Do they look correct to you?
Are there any other Rolls that might be needed?

Erin Righ
July 9th, 2018, 07:11
Yep, everything looks correct, I can't think of any other rolls that might be needed

damned
July 9th, 2018, 08:08
I just want to jump in here and say that a while back, I worked with damned on the rolls and details around the AGE system games (Fantasy AGE, Dragon AGE, etc...) and he was awesome. Super responsive and quick to build what was needed. After a little testing, my group and I are now running AGE based games on FG! I strongly recommend anyone looking to enjoy a game that does not have an official ruleset look into MoreCore!

Thanks again for being an awesome member of the FG community damned!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Hey Ctmega - any chance of exporting a few characters and uploading them?
Maybe exporting a Rolls Library too?
:)

damned
July 9th, 2018, 08:09

Ho GunbunnyFuFu I just thought I would add that the /trav roll is also there just in case.

Edit: I see superteddy57 posted that already.

damned
July 9th, 2018, 16:36
New Rolls in MoreCore for 1.45 (unreleased) so far include:

Star Wars / West End Games d6
Custom Crit Range
2300AD Skill Check
Battle Tech skilled and unskilled checks

Im catching up with spite later in the week and will see if Fragged Empire can work on MoreCore... it looks complicated...

Erin Righ PM me your email address please.

Erin Righ
July 12th, 2018, 18:14
I pmed you Damned, did you get it?

damned
July 13th, 2018, 00:37
I pmed you Damned, did you get it?

I did. Very busy week. Just finished a session with spite on fragged empire and am trying ti get my head around the challenges of that system. Will be in contact soon.

spite
July 22nd, 2018, 05:46
I think Fragged monopolized damned's time a bit more than was intended!

damned
July 23rd, 2018, 14:56
So Erin Righ and I spent some time looking at Classic BattleTech.
Once again there is a lot to track.

Right now we can do the following with the next beta of MoreCore:
Attributes
Attribute Saves
Traits
Skills
Unskilled
Hit Locations
Health
Fatigue Tracking
Weapons

What we need to work out is:
Initiative (will add 2d10 as an option)
Wound Tracking (need to track individual wounds and their Target Number penalty)
Fatigue penalties
Armour display/reporting
Damage Dice Rolls (need a roll of type Damage)

I have a few things to work out how to do best but looks like I will need to do a few coding/extension changes here too...
Will update later in the week

Erin Righ
July 23rd, 2018, 19:53
Hey Damned. In order to work fully, can you code "3d10 keep highest 2" into initiative? CBT uses that for a character with Combat Sense Trait, Also "3d10 keep lowest 2?" CBT uses that to measure Combat Paralysis. If those are too hard to work out, we can just do it manually with btech and unskilled, no worries.

damned
July 24th, 2018, 05:11
Hey Damned. In order to work fully, can you code "3d10 keep highest 2" into initiative? CBT uses that for a character with Combat Sense Trait, Also "3d10 keep lowest 2?" CBT uses that to measure Combat Paralysis. If those are too hard to work out, we can just do it manually with btech and unskilled, no worries.

It wont be an automated option. Players with those skills will need to roll their own Init.

Erin Righ
July 24th, 2018, 16:36
No prob, it is fairly uncommon outside of PCs anyway

damned
July 25th, 2018, 00:09
Ive fixed most of the Combat Tracker issues with 3.3.6 (to be released soon)
Ive added a 2d10 initiative option to the MoreCore options
And you can now double click on the Init Bonus to add that to modifiers - this will help the players having Combat Tactics skills - they can either roll a /btech or /btechu roll after doing the modifier to get their new initiative - they will then need to add that themselves to the character sheet and it will update the CT

Erin Righ
July 25th, 2018, 07:31
Shore nuff, mate, sounds great

Mithalwulf
August 17th, 2018, 02:59
Hi~
Damned, your offer sounds awesome. I have my own game design that's been in development a long time and is now just about ready for play testing. Here's my question, though: What's the difference between CoreRPG, MoreCore, and DORCore? How do you know which one to pick?? I've searched FG and Google but not had any luck. Is there a side-by-side comparison of features and pros and cons somewhere? I want to start creating my skills table, etc., but not until I know which Core is the right Core for me. (My game is based on d100 rolls for actions and d6 rolls for damage, healing, etc.) Thanks!

damned
August 17th, 2018, 04:05
HI Mithalwulf

Im not aware of any direct comparison.

CoreRPG is the base for almost all the commercial rulesets (excluding M&M, RMC and possibly one other) and most of the community rulesets (those less than 3 or 4 years old).
It is the recommended platform by SmiteWorks.
It is maintained/developed by SmiteWorks.

DORCore is a layer on top of CoreRPG that adds the DOE extensions and a universal dice roller and a couple of other features. This layers on top of CoreRPG.
It is the platform you should consider if you want the DOEs and you arent building a commercial ruleset.
You need to be aware of the license limitations of this ruleset.
It is maintained/developed by Dulux_Oz.

MoreCore is a layer on top of CoreRPG. It adds a bunch of features to CoreRPG that provide increased usability. It is generic. It is not designed to run any one system. You do need to learn how to use it but it can then be used to run plenty of different game systems.
You should consider this platform if you want to do no or minimal coding.
There are no license limitations on it other than the code belonging to the authors of the various bits.
It is maintained by damned and ianmward mostly.

There are a few scenarios:

If you are wanting to actually code your own ruleset potentially for the store then you should layer it on CoreRPG.
Only CoreRPG layered rulesets will be accepted for inclusion in the FG Store.

If you are have some programming skill or are willing to learn some and you want to build out a full community ruleset then you should layer it on CoreRPG.

If you are building a personal or community ruleset and you really want the DOEs and you can abide by the license agreement then consider layering it on DORCore.

If you want to do as little programming as possible then you should look at using MoreCore or creating a MoreCore extension.

--

If you want to take me up on this offer then you need to share a working copy of what we end up, with but fleshed out, here for others in the community to use and play with.

--

The above is my opinion only. Others may offer a contrary view.

Mithalwulf
August 17th, 2018, 04:58
That was an excellent summary, imo, and VERY helpful. Thank you!!
Not sure how to tag in FG, but: MoreCore compared to CoreRPG compared to DorCore.

daboking
September 19th, 2018, 17:15
I would certainly love an opportunity to jump in like that if you ever do that again. I have been running Legend of the Five Rings with a couple of groups locally and will be moving online and steering all my players to Fantasy grounds. I'm trying my darndest to set up a theme, character sheets, and icons for shortcuts on the right column, even though I won't be able to actually run the ruleset from within fantasy grounds do to the custom dice mechanic. Thanks FFG LOL. The system is great though and I can still run it just fine with a note to the players and how to convert six sided dice and 12 sided dice to the symbols and at least be able to share maps and scenes and character sheet data for the players enough to push through the system online.

Mindfreezer
September 29th, 2018, 09:30
Hey!

Oh, wow, I was going to do that anyway. It's nice of you to offer a little tutorial session though and I'd gladly take it, if you can find the time within the next week. Otherwise I'll probably have to browse Youtube or the documentation found in the forums. Hit me up via PM to exchange Discord IDs, if you can spare some time for me.
I will try to convert MoreCore into Shadowrun 5. I am also highly interested in running a Degenesis campaign, but will likely not be gm'ing it. Will have to talk to the person in question about it first.

Best regards

Nylanfs
September 29th, 2018, 11:32
Talk to Ianmward, he has a SR5 set in process I believe.

damned
September 29th, 2018, 14:34
ianmward has suggested that yes he would very much like to do a SR5 ruleset - but its too much work to do if we cant get it licensed on FG and be able to produce the reference material too...

daboking and Mindfreezer hit me up by PM and lets see if these things can be done.

Makarion
October 4th, 2018, 03:13
I'd love to add my name to the list of "interested and willing to contribute" list for Shadowrun 5th, as well as SR 3rd. I'm rather non-technical, though, being of the "handwaving makes the world go 'round" persuasion. Still, maybe we can get stuff done.

damned
October 4th, 2018, 06:35
I'd love to add my name to the list of "interested and willing to contribute" list for Shadowrun 5th, as well as SR 3rd. I'm rather non-technical, though, being of the "handwaving makes the world go 'round" persuasion. Still, maybe we can get stuff done.

unfortunately - at this time - ianmward and I are not working on SR5. if you want to take up the project - go for it!

tabletopdad
October 11th, 2018, 22:51
I'd like to get Open Legend RPG setup for FG. I was hoping that I could setup some time that you may be able to help me along with getting going on this. I see that some things necessary for the game are here already with MoreCore such as exploding dice and I think I could muddle it out myself if necessary, but with help I could probably get it done faster. And of course I'd be willing to share the finished product with the community.

damned
October 12th, 2018, 00:04
I'd like to get Open Legend RPG setup for FG. I was hoping that I could setup some time that you may be able to help me along with getting going on this. I see that some things necessary for the game are here already with MoreCore such as exploding dice and I think I could muddle it out myself if necessary, but with help I could probably get it done faster. And of course I'd be willing to share the finished product with the community.

Welcome tabletopdad

Send me your email address via PM and post FG Con Ill get in touch with you and we will work out a time.

Kilitar
October 29th, 2018, 20:21
Hello Damned. Sorry for my bad english
I am trying to make work with MoreCore to implement my homebrew RPG system. I am GM from 1987 and my group (and few other groups) are simply used to my system for veeeeeeeery long time :).
Yes, I have ultimate licence FG for 4 years now, but I was not able to implement my ruleset to be able use FG :(. So We are using google sheets where I am able easily script via javascript what I need.

But FG offers very nice visual presentation, If I solve some issues I have with FG.

First issue is absolute lack of support for ISO 8859-2 in FG. I found extension which "repairs" chat and notes - but hit the wall with head when I am trying use tables or even make own extension like calendar. (result is: The date is ÄŚtvrtek, 4th KlĂ*ÄŤenĂ*, 2025 II - so gibberish instead of čtvrtek, 4th květen, 2025). Cant be probably solved with MoreCORE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second issue is implementation of dice roll system. I think it could be easy solved with help from someone from MoreCORE team. In my RPG system, called Kilitar, I have 2 dice pools. Every throw inside my system using same dice mechanic.
Good Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are green dices)
Bad Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are red dices)

+GoodModifiers adds dice to Good Dices pool
-BadModifiers adds dice to Bad Dices pool

All skill throws, hits etc are made same way.
You have basic skill value (varies from 0-100) - for example "swimming 40". You have medium leg injury, iron breastplate - so GM decide add +2 "bad dices" to bad dice pool, but your druid casts "Dolphin spell" which adds +3 "good dices" to swimming. Because water is calm and not too cold, he sets target number (difficulty to 30).
Final skill throw against consist from:

40 (PC swimming) + 8D10 (good dices: 5base+3dolphin, exploding on 10s) - 7D10 (bad dices: 5base+1breast plate+1injury, exploding on 10s) vs 30.

Because target difficulty is 30 result of ( 40 + /edie 8D10e - /edie 7D10e ) might be:
-20 or less (epic fail = result is 50 or more lower than difficulty)
10 to -19 (great fail = result is between 20 to 49 lower than difficulty)
29 to 9 (fail = result is between 1 to19 lower than difficulty but not more than)
30 (stalemate = result is same as difficulty, the throw for luck atribute must determine if it is fail or succsess)
31-49 (succsess)
50-79 (great succsess=20 to 49 above difficulty)
80 or more (epic succsess=50 or more above difficulty)

I was able edit "d10010" with simple script return result*-1; and then use /die 5d20010+5d10010

But I am not able:
1) use same logic for /edie or /explode as /edie ignores second (bad-red) dice pool. And /explode explodes only first (good-green) dice pool and second bad red pool works like normal 5d10.
2) I also dont know, how implement such my rolls into morecore sheet, neither to tables/spells/rolls. (well to be exact I dont understand how I can roll anything I define inside "rolls" on right side bar anywhere else than from MoreCORE character sheet, I cant roll it directly from that "roll" tab?
Blue roll works(from sheet), red does not (directly from roll table).
Thank you for your time.

Nylanfs
October 29th, 2018, 21:16
You are in luck on the languages, look here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36627-Central-European-Languages-(CEL)-Fonts&p=320380&viewfull=1#post320380)

Somebody else will have to answer the rest.

Kilitar
October 29th, 2018, 22:30
You are in luck on the languages, look here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36627-Central-European-Languages-(CEL)-Fonts&p=320380&viewfull=1#post320380)
Somebody else will have to answer the rest.

Yep Nylanfs, that is what I am using, working nicely in chat window and in notes/story. Does not work for tables or calendar inside MoreCORE ruleset. I wrote PM 2days back to MarianDz as his native language is almost the same like mine, but he did not respond yet.

damned
October 30th, 2018, 01:28
Hello Damned. Sorry for my bad english
I am trying to make work with MoreCore to implement my homebrew RPG system. I am GM from 1987 and my group (and few other groups) are simply used to my system for veeeeeeeery long time :).
Yes, I have ultimate licence FG for 4 years now, but I was not able to implement my ruleset to be able use FG :(. So We are using google sheets where I am able easily script via javascript what I need.

But FG offers very nice visual presentation, If I solve some issues I have with FG.

First issue is absolute lack of support for ISO 8859-2 in FG. I found extension which "repairs" chat and notes - but hit the wall with head when I am trying use tables or even make own extension like calendar. (result is: The date is ÄŚtvrtek, 4th KlĂ*ÄŤenĂ*, 2025 II - so gibberish instead of čtvrtek, 4th květen, 2025). Cant be probably solved with MoreCORE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second issue is implementation of dice roll system. I think it could be easy solved with help from someone from MoreCORE team. In my RPG system, called Kilitar, I have 2 dice pools. Every throw inside my system using same dice mechanic.
Good Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are green dices)
Bad Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are red dices)

+GoodModifiers adds dice to Good Dices pool
-BadModifiers adds dice to Bad Dices pool

All skill throws, hits etc are made same way.
You have basic skill value (varies from 0-100) - for example "swimming 40". You have medium leg injury, iron breastplate - so GM decide add +2 "bad dices" to bad dice pool, but your druid casts "Dolphin spell" which adds +3 "good dices" to swimming. Because water is calm and not too cold, he sets target number (difficulty to 30).
Final skill throw against consist from:

40 (PC swimming) + 8D10 (good dices: 5base+3dolphin, exploding on 10s) - 7D10 (bad dices: 5base+1breast plate+1injury, exploding on 10s) vs 30.

Because target difficulty is 30 result of ( 40 + /edie 8D10e - /edie 7D10e ) might be:
-20 or less (epic fail = result is 50 or more lower than difficulty)
10 to -19 (great fail = result is between 20 to 49 lower than difficulty)
29 to 9 (fail = result is between 1 to19 lower than difficulty but not more than)
30 (stalemate = result is same as difficulty, the throw for luck atribute must determine if it is fail or succsess)
31-49 (succsess)
50-79 (great succsess=20 to 49 above difficulty)
80 or more (epic succsess=50 or more above difficulty)

I was able edit "d10010" with simple script return result*-1; and then use /die 5d20010+5d10010

But I am not able:
1) use same logic for /edie or /explode as /edie ignores second (bad-red) dice pool. And /explode explodes only first (good-green) dice pool and second bad red pool works like normal 5d10.
2) I also dont know, how implement such my rolls into morecore sheet, neither to tables/spells/rolls. (well to be exact I dont understand how I can roll anything I define inside "rolls" on right side bar anywhere else than from MoreCORE character sheet, I cant roll it directly from that "roll" tab?
Blue roll works(from sheet), red does not (directly from roll table).
Thank you for your time.

Hi Kilitar

Same thing goes - if I write you a roller for this you will need to share at the very least completed character sheets - but preferably enough info so that others can play your system too...

Can you please share with me your -d10 code too.

Can you clarify - are all modifiers dice? Or are some numeric?

If your difficulty is floating/variable I cannot really code that in a way that makes sense.

Kilitar
October 30th, 2018, 10:46
Hello Damned.
Same thing goes - if I write you a roller for this you will need to share at the very least completed character sheets - but preferably enough info so that others can play your system too...
Working on it in my native language, but I can translate it into "common language" :).

Can you please share with me your -d10 code too.
Good Dice
<customdie name="gd10">
<model>d10</model>
<icon>d10gicon</icon>
<menuicon>d10gicon</menuicon>
</customdie>
Bad Dice
<customdie name="bd10">
<model>d10</model>
<icon>d10ricon</icon>
<menuicon>d10ricon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return result*-1;
end
</script>
</customdie>
unfortunatelly, they are not recognized in chat (like /die 5bd10 do not work). Dunno why.

Can you clarify - are all modifiers dice? Or are some numeric?
Standard amount is 5d10(good) - 5d10(bad)
Yep, all modifiers are allwayz dices. The problem is there are 2 separate modifier groups. Good pool modifier - which allwayz add dice(s) to good pool. Bad pool modifier - which allwayz add dice(s) to bad pool.

If your difficulty is floating/variable I cannot really code that in a way that makes sense.
Target difficulty is variable and it is set by GM based on circumstances. but also "skill value is added as static number into evaluation"

But - I see way which it might be done - using bit different approach (unfortunatelly probably not with my own programming skill)
Let me show you.

On example,
1. I used modifier to store static value (not dices) - which in fact is value of player character swimming skill.
2. In pool I added "default pools" consisted from good 5d10 and bad 5d10 . After I added good 3d10 as bonus for doplhin spell, and bad 2d10 as malus for injury(1d10) and breastplate(1d10).
The problem I have is - dices do not explode this way, but rest works as I need.

Possible "simplest" solution is:
(static number 30 = value of player skill from 0-100) + /explode #gd10 + /explode #bd10

So dice mechanic which explode on 2 dice groups both.
If I use MoreCore dice string
/explode 30+5gd10+5bd10 then only 5gd10 explode but bad dices are rolled default FG way.

Nice solution would be define somehow "when gd10 or bd10 are used, they allwayz explode" but I did not found way to do it within gameelements.xml

Neither I was able to made my custom dices to work in chat using /die 5bd10 as FG does not recognize them. But from custom dice radial menu or quickbar they works.

I hope you understand what I mean.

damned
October 30th, 2018, 12:01
Im pretty sure if you rename your dice from gd10 and bd10 to d1010 and d1110 they will work. I think dice can only have numbers in the name (plus the 'd').

Kilitar
October 30th, 2018, 13:56
Im pretty sure if you rename your dice from gd10 and bd10 to d1010 and d1110 they will work. I think dice can only have numbers in the name (plus the 'd').

Yep, renaming them to d101 and d102 did the trick.

I also made my dices "rerolled" automatically inside gameelements.xml . Anyway, lua "pseudorandom generator" is terrible one, so my current solution might be laggy due 1 second loop for every "explode" reroll to achieve true random number. Red part is laggy one, but I did not found better way for "random" which do not repeat same number over and over again.

<customdie name="d102">
<model>d10</model>
<icon>d10ricon</icon>
<menuicon>d10ricon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
local roll = result;
local total = 0;
local time = os.time();
math.randomseed(time);
while( roll == 10 )
do
while( time == os.time())
do
roll = math.random(1,10);
end
roll = math.random(1,10);
total = total + roll;
end
result = result + total;
return result*-1;
end
</script>
</customdie>

Native MoreCore support for /explode #D101 + /explode #D102 would be cleaner solution.
something like:
/explodeall - explodes each dice inside formula - which might be of use for multiple systems
example: /explodeall 5d10 + 2d20 + 3d6 would result in explode for every group inside box.

or is there a way to put more complex formula inside "dice string" textbox?

Kilitar
October 30th, 2018, 14:05
Hello Damned.
Well, now I feel stupid.

If I use /explode 5d10+5d10 - both groups explode on 10. (which is SUPERB :rv:)
If I use /explode 5d10-5d10 - negative group (second) do NOT explode on -10.

Is it expected behaviour of /explode logic or a bug?

Also, neither /explode /edie does work for my custom dices at all (if they are without my laggy script)

damned
October 30th, 2018, 15:01
How does this look?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25142

Kilitar
October 30th, 2018, 15:09
WOW, great.
Exactly what I need.
That is wonderfull how fast you did resolve this :)

(In base roll green ones should go first but its only cosmetic change) :) (5D20010 + 5d50010), bonuses, maluses

Thank you very much for this one :)

damned
October 30th, 2018, 15:11
hah - you say fast - i say it still took four hours to code!
ill send you a PM as this is a beta build still...

sauyon
January 4th, 2019, 11:49
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but did you ever finish the openlegend implementation? I'm looking into buying a subscription and was wondering if it was complete (and, if not, if I could help).

damned
January 4th, 2019, 12:12
Hi sauyon no I have not finished it - however thwright#2068 on discord has been continuing the work.
I can share the extension in its current state - you can test it with a demo license - and possibly you might want to collaborate with thwright to push it that last bit...?

thwright
January 10th, 2019, 22:39
Sauyon and I have been in touch.

damned
January 11th, 2019, 00:02
Sauyon and I have been in touch.

Ive just sent you (via Discord) a revised version.
Ive incorporated most of your changes (just a little cleaner in regards to 1.48).

moved to Cas3/3a
changed order to init
fixed vehicles
updated fonts
cur max to lethal
readded CustomDiceOLAdvInitiative

plus some other small changes

vegaserik
January 11th, 2019, 02:54
Hi damned, I have a question. I am working on a character sheet for Blue Rose which is based on the Fantasy Age system, 3d6+attribute where any doubles constitutes a stunt, and one die is a different color that gives you stunt points. I came across posts about turning the die red and have done so. My question - is there a way to make it blue? It's just for cosmetic, red works great, but Blue Rose needs a blue die lol

I am currently using the /die 2d6+1d1006+(p1) under the Param Formula for each Attribute's die roll and it turns the last die red. I thought I saw a way to turn it blue once upon a time but now I can't find it.

damned
January 11th, 2019, 03:30
You wont believe how easy this is...

I created alternate colours for all the dice already :)
100 = red
200 = blue
300 = green
400 - yellow

So you would use d2006!

Please do make sure you share your results when you are done!

vegaserik
January 12th, 2019, 16:31
You wont believe how easy this is...

I created alternate colours for all the dice already :)
100 = red
200 = blue
300 = green
400 - yellow

So you would use d2006!

Please do make sure you share your results when you are done!

Thank you very much!

vegaserik
January 12th, 2019, 23:31
https://nofile.io/f/ByYXX3m56qu/Blue+Rose+Char+Sheet.xml

Here's the rough draft of what I've done so far. My first attempt at a sheet for an unsupported system. Not a lot of automation at this point. I tend to let focuses be used with any attribute that the player can convince me it'll work with.

SquireNed
August 5th, 2019, 23:05
Did the Degenesis dice mechanic or something similar ever find its way into More Core?

It's a fairly simple system: six-sided dice, 4+ gives a success, 6 gives a bonus in the form of a Trigger. I'd be willing to work on it, if people are still active to help me get set up to do so.

damned
August 6th, 2019, 09:24
Hi QuireNed - I cant recall doing anything for that system... Can you spell out in full detail how the roll works and what inputs and modifiers affect it and how the roll should report?

SquireNed
August 9th, 2019, 21:48
Sorry for the delay in my response: I thought I had posted it and for whatever reason it did not post.

Basically the core dicepool is 1-12 d6, drawn from a skill and an attribute and potentially other small modifiers (e.g. gear and potentials which work like feats in D&D).

The goal is to get at least a number of Successes that equals the roll's difficulty.

On a four or higher, a die counts as a Success, and on a six it counts as a Trigger, which increases damage in combat by 1 or gives other special effects outside of combat.

If a character would roll more than 12 dice, they get an automatic success for each additional die instead.

So, basically, to be fully featured all you need is to have a couple sources (attribute plus skill) plus a flexible modifier that could be applied to the number of dice to give a little boost.

Input: X (for number of D6 to roll)
Output: Y (Successes (result of 4+), Z (Triggers (result of 6))

damned
August 10th, 2019, 02:44
Getting there SquireNed but still more info required.
What is the minimum inputs to build your dice pool?
Do you always have an Attribute?
Do you always have a Skill?
How many modifier sources could you potentially use?
Are any modifiers negative?

Is the success number always 4?
Is the trigger number always 6?
Is there a negative trigger at 1 or anything like that?

Who determines the success number?
Does the player know the success target before they make their roll?

SquireNed
August 10th, 2019, 06:52
Minimum inputs: Attribute, skill (can be 0, but not really optional)
All characters will always have attributes and skills, but skills can be 0 (attributes will always be 1+).
Modifier sources: Situational, Potentials, Rank, Gear, and Miscellaneous. These aren't differentiated in the ruleset, but would help for the character sheet (which I'm open to take a stab at making, I just don't have the programming for dice-fu like I used to).
Modifiers can be negative.

Success numbers are always 4, 5, and 6; Triggers occur on 6. There is no way to modify either.
No negative triggers, but there is a Botch if more 1s than successes come up.

Success number is determined by the GM, and the player does not necessarily know it (it's not hidden knowledge). I don't think it's necessary to worry about successes during the roll process; simply giving output should be enough.

Thanks for the patience and the help!

damned
August 10th, 2019, 08:52
Ok I think we are close.

Likely what will happen here is that

Attribute will be a /degenesis # roll
Skill will be a /mod # roll as will all the optional modifiers.

probably you would have 1 roll frame for Attributes, one (or two) for Skills, one for Gear, one for Situational etc

You would click each thing that goes into the check with the Attribute being last as that will execute the roll.

The roll would do the following:

It would count the sum of all # including -ives.
If the sum was equal to 1 or less it would set nSum = 1
If the sum was 13 or greater it would do nSuccess = nSum - 12, and nSum = 12
It would then add nSum dice to the roll and throw them
It would then check each dice and for each 1 it would do nFail = nFail +1, for each 4, or 5 it will do nSuccess = nSuccess + 1 and for each 6 it would do nSuccess = nSuccess + 1 and nTrigger = nTrigger +1

It would then check if nFail > nSuccess then msg.txt = msg.txt .. " Botch!"
else it would do msg.txt = msg.txt .. "\r\nSuccess = " .. nSuccess .. "\r\nTrigger = " .. nTrigger

It would not report actual success or fail as the TN is unknown

Does that look about right?

SquireNed
August 11th, 2019, 00:18
Skills are always used as the central point of a roll; attributes are containers that have certain skills within them and provide a bonus to all those skills.

For instance, BOD+Melee is always rolled using the "Melee" skill, but you add your BOD attribute.

As far as the math goes, I think that looks right.

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 20:49
Hey Damned, are you still doing this project?
If so, I was wondering if there was a way to add LANCER RPGs Accuracy and Difficulty system.
It's 1-3 d6 that you roll depending on difficulty that will either add or subtract the highest one dice value from the main dice roll (I think it's similar in function to Shadow of the Demon Lord). Maximum number is 3 either way by rules.
An example would be
2 difficulty on an attack roll.
1d20 for the attack roll, with 2d6 rolled (let's say a 3 and a 4) the 4 would then be subtracted from the d20's total.
The same but inverted for accuracy, you'd add the roll instead of subtracting it.

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 22:16
Ok Damned I've done this myself, so ignore me! I do have a question regarding the modifiers that I've posted in your MoreCore ruleset channel if you're able to take a peek. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page187

damned
February 23rd, 2020, 22:34
Have you tried the /bane and /boon rolls?
You roll that first and then your attack roll.
It should do exactly the same thing from my reading of your description.

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 22:41
Yea I found that following my post, cannibalized it, renaming the dice commands (for IMMERSION) and combined it in an extension with the distance modification (to show 1 unit, and no diagonal modifier). It's 90% your code so I won't share it without your consent though. :)

damned
February 23rd, 2020, 22:43
Aye - I saw after I replied to your post. Why dont you share the rolls and Ill add them back into MoreCore for everyone and credit you?

GunbunnyFuFu
March 20th, 2020, 00:10
Damned,

I'm just now getting around to doing this. Any chance that you'd have time to do a refresher on the character sheet design for 2300 AD?

GBFF

damned
March 20th, 2020, 00:47
Not in the near future GB. Too much on.

GunbunnyFuFu
March 20th, 2020, 00:57
No worries. If you ever get broken free, let me know! Thanks for all the work you've put into this ruleset!

dikdastard
April 9th, 2020, 12:25
Hi Damned. I'm hoping to help a friend set up his custom RPG based on a D100 system partly derived from Runequest/BRP system with hit point locations and the like. From what I have read so far, MoreCore could be the best way to go. He is planning however to splash the cash on FGU at this point rather than FGC. So 2 quick questions. Firstly is MoreCore going to be compatible with FGU going forward, and secondly has anyone already done some work around a Runequest type system for MoreCore already, as I've not managed to spot it on the forums if so.
Many thanks for your time and efforts.

damned
April 9th, 2020, 12:35
Hi Damned. I'm hoping to help a friend set up his custom RPG based on a D100 system partly derived from Runequest/BRP system with hit point locations and the like. From what I have read so far, MoreCore could be the best way to go. He is planning however to splash the cash on FGU at this point rather than FGC. So 2 quick questions. Firstly is MoreCore going to be compatible with FGU going forward, and secondly has anyone already done some work around a Runequest type system for MoreCore already, as I've not managed to spot it on the forums if so.
Many thanks for your time and efforts.

Ive not really used FGU much at this stage.
I have one bug fix queued for FGU that is pretty much cosmetic.
To the best of my knowledge it should work.

I have a couple of versions of RuneQuest but Ive never played it.
Am happy to answer any specific questions about setup.

Naron5
October 13th, 2022, 02:44
Hey Damned, I want to get Degenesis into MoreCore - there is a guy running games in MoreCore for the system, but I can't see any sharing of it. If you still do this I would like to take you up on it and I would be more than happy to share whatever I do.

damned
October 14th, 2022, 03:39
I had a quick look at the system.
It will definitely need someone to explain what they need

start with the roll - let me know if I have this right

it is always
attribute+modifier d6
attribute+skill+modifier d6

rolls of 4/5/6 count as a success
6s additionally count as a Trigger
1s count but only come in to play if there are more 1s than successes then you get a Botch

If you have more than 12 dice then only roll 12 and count the extras as successes

I dont know if I would incorporate the TN in the roll or mechanic anywhere? Otherwise cannot report success/failure.

What else would you need?