PDA

View Full Version : How to create an Android Racial Upgrade Slot for your Character Sheet

TheFitGM
July 4th, 2018, 18:57
Hey folks! I was asked how would one go about making your Character show that he has an armor upgrade slotted into his Android's body. I went ahead and created a video to show you how I do it.

https://youtu.be/rnjIvyiPLMQ

Octavious
July 4th, 2018, 20:38
Looks great .. thanks for sharing

Samarex
July 5th, 2018, 00:11
Hey folks! I was asked how would one go about making your Character show that he has an armor upgrade slotted into his Android's body. I went ahead and created a video to show you how I do it.

https://youtu.be/rnjIvyiPLMQ

I have found the problem that brings up the Console Error you talk about in the video.
I have fixed it and it will not show anymore. (Scheduled for Rev 1.0.11)

To add as to why I had it done this way instead of creating a spot on the character sheet.
I would be allot more coding to have it capable of adding bonuses and such if it was its own location. So I just left it as a Armor Upgrade Item and that uses the Item coding for adding bonuses and such.

Samarex
July 20th, 2018, 06:07
Hi All I have made a update that I hope to get into 1.0.11

First and foremost there is now a space on the inventory sheet to drag n drop a Armor Upgrade from itemtemplates to the Character sheet.
This spot Only shows if you are a Android Race. (To handle the Racial Trait Upgrade Slot)

Second I have added a button on the inventory sheet that will open a Augmentations panel where you can drag n drop Augmentations done to your character.
This does not populate the actual inventory as is something that is now part of your body. But there is a place to track what you have.

LEFT Character sheet has the Android race.
as seen Upgrade Slot with a Quick-release stealth installed.
Right Character sheet is not a Android.
NO Upgrade Slot

Blacklamb
July 20th, 2018, 18:07
Hi All I have made a update that I hope to get into 1.0.11

Isn't 1.0.11 Live? do you mean 1.0.12?

I love this solution

Blahness98
July 20th, 2018, 19:13
1.0.10 is live, 1.0.11 is on test.

Blacklamb
July 20th, 2018, 20:14
I’m on the live channel and 1.0.11 is what shows as the version number, this also has the new weapon system. This weeks release notes has Starfinder listed. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44767-Release-Updates-on-7-18-2018. Maybe it got released accidentally?

Samarex
July 21st, 2018, 00:54
I’m on the live channel and 1.0.11 is what shows as the version number, this also has the new weapon system. This weeks release notes has Starfinder listed. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44767-Release-Updates-on-7-18-2018. Maybe it got released accidentally?

I will have to check, but I dont think its the full update.

Samarex
July 21st, 2018, 01:08
Here is what I do to keep my Live and Test channels seperate. When you load fantasy grounds it will only use the (fantasy grounds ) dir to run from. Changing channels in the setup will update this dir.
I have in my fantsy grounds Dir
Fantasy grounds. (this is my test dir)
Fantasy grounds live

So when I want to switch to Live I first rename my active dir to
Fantasy grounds test
Then rename the fantasy grounds live to
Fantasy grounds
Then launch FG and go to settings and swith it to live and update.
I do the oppisite when I want to go back to test. This keep them seperate without having to update everthing when I switch back and forth. Which as a developer you can imanage I need to do that alot

This also helps players and GMs that want to look at and test upcomming updates without the worry of messing up campaigns that they have.
If you do it this way and decide you want to use test you can always copy your campaign from your live dir to your test dir.

Blacklamb
July 21st, 2018, 01:18
My process to keep them separate is to keep two separate installs of both the data and install then have a registry export saved out to switch them and set the testmode. I then also have a bat file that copies my live campaign data over into the test data folder. From my playing around live looks to have all the data from your first pushed to test. Other than cover I found all your changes worked great, and in test cover works now too.

Samarex
July 21st, 2018, 02:21
My process to keep them separate is to keep two separate installs of both the data and install then have a registry export saved out to switch them and set the testmode. I then also have a bat file that copies my live campaign data over into the test data folder. From my playing around live looks to have all the data from your first pushed to test. Other than cover I found all your changes worked great, and in test cover works now too.

Cool. Ok the cover fix and the new Augmentations and Android upgrade are on test and hopfully go out live tuesday.
Thanks for verifing things on test for us it makes a better live push if we fix problems first