PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to override the theme set by the DM?

robomagon
July 4th, 2018, 17:35
I have photophobia, and almost all the themes for FG are much too bright for me to read clearly. I'd like to be able to force a dark, high contrast theme to replace the one set by the DM. Is there any way to do that currently? Or any plans to add such an accessability feature in the future? It would really make using FG a lot easier for me. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2018, 17:50
Unfortunately not. Everything is controlled by the host so whatever theme they use is the one that the players get as well.

JohnD
July 4th, 2018, 20:45
Maybe let your DM know the problem and see if he/she is willing to accommodate a different theme? I know the 5e Wizards theme is far too bright for my liking, but a lot of people seem to like and use it.

damned
July 5th, 2018, 00:33
This was answered very recently by Moon Wizard. Themes can also add additional functionality and give access to things that you would not normally have access to. At this time there is no plan to allow players to load their own themes. Do as John suggests and have a chat with the DM.

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2018, 08:53
One thing you can do is use the lighting command to tone down the brightness. Try /lighting E0E0E0 or /lighting C0C0C0

Trenloe
July 5th, 2018, 09:03
One thing you can do is use the lighting command to tone down the brightness. Try /lighting E0E0E0 or /lighting C0C0C0
These are GM settings that get passed through to all players. A player can't set the lighting.

@robomagon - as has been mentioned, see if the GM can either change the theme or adjust the lighting. Then you can do a bit more fine tuning with the brightness and contrast on your monitor.

nebbiolo
July 5th, 2018, 23:45

This command is amazing! It allows me to keep the Wizards theme which I love but as dark as I want. Awesome!

damned
July 5th, 2018, 23:58
This command is amazing! It allows me to keep the Wizards theme which I love but as dark as I want. Awesome!

As the GM whatever commands you set all your players will also get.
There is one exception. /lightong only affects clients that are connected at the time of issuing the command.