PDA

View Full Version : LFP 2-3 Tuesdays CST Evenings, fresh start

FriendBesto
July 4th, 2018, 10:23
License: Ultimate
Timezone: CST
Day: Tuesday
Frequency: Weekly
Duration: 4 hrs (Flexible, but that's an estimate)
Term: 1-20 and beyond!
Voice: Discord with PTT
Rule set: 5e
Content:LMoP, then decided as we progress

My experiance: Lots of 3.5, almost all tabletop, hard to pull a group together back in the day so more theory crafting than implementation. Familiar with but have not mastered 5e. I have mostly been more of a narrative DM in the past but plan to be working on RPing the NPCs as best I can now that I dont have to shuffle through a mountain of hard copies to run the game.

Goal: Grow as a DM, implement all those ideas and planning that never got used at a table but above all else: Have fun, slay the dragon, save the princess, find the loot, and make lasting memories.

I already have two players lined up and ready to start playing, so hopefully we can start by this Tuesday assuming interested people some forward. Anyone interested is welcome to PM me, and I'll also check here regularly, please include a brief summary of your experiance and expectations.

Looking forward to hearing from people!

Disemboweler
July 4th, 2018, 17:14
Hello FriendBesto,
I am very interested in playing in your campaign. I can tell you all about myself but I have already posted a LFG topic for me and my brother and it says a whole lot. Just look for my name and you will find my post "LFG 2 Players Weeknight Games Mon thru Thurs CST US Time Zone 5E". I believe my brother and I are just what you are looking for.

Thanks

bgarner
July 4th, 2018, 21:07
This sounds like fun. I am very interested. I am an older dnd player and new to FG and discord. I usually play fighter types. I have a group on Sundays I have a blast with. Let me know.

Diamond Geezer
July 5th, 2018, 01:42
FriendBesto,

I am greatly interested as well. I am also a long time D&D player and live in the CST time zone. I enjoy playing support characters such as wizards clerics and druids. I can play any class that is needed for the group.

I’m usually available on Tuesdays evenings as you’ve outlined in your game schedule.

Please let me know. We can discuss further through PMs.

Thanks force ur time.

tk993
July 5th, 2018, 04:02
Fellow Minnesotan here!

Tuesday evening works so long as it's after kids go to bed (7:30 start time ideal). I do enjoy heavy RP/narrative driven--I find combat heavy games boring becuase it feels lik. Best campaigns I've done have had many sessions without a sword swung. Enjoy finding alternatives to murdering our way through an adventure.

I'd look to play a bard of the blade who has perfected his craft of fighting with a rapier and is now traveling the world to prove to himself and the world that he is indeed the best. He's very gentlemanly about it too. Think Inigo Mantoya's fight at the cliff top in Princess Bride.

Uraence
July 5th, 2018, 05:11
If you're playing after 9 pm CST I'd be interested in playing if you still have room. I've played D&D since 1E, so that gives me about 36 years experience. I've played just about every type of race / class combo and gone through all the player phases of gaming (i.e min/max, murder hobo, RP, etc..). I enjoy a good mix of things and I'm open to playing whatever.

FriendBesto
July 5th, 2018, 05:47
Thank you all very much for all the interest in the group!

PMs received and sent back and THE GROUP HAS BEEN FINALIZED! *edited*

The group is OFFICIALLY full and locked in but if slots need filling past this point priority will be based on who expressed interest first.

Thanks again for the interest in the group!
*edited update to try to avoid moving post to top of forum*