PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait to buy the Ultimate License till Unity is released?

Darth Walker
July 3rd, 2018, 03:09
Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

I'm trying to start my first campaign and I just recently bought the D&D book bundle form the store and am thinking about getting the UL but I'm reading that I wouldn't get the Unity version if I do so? That I would, though, get a discount? What type of discount? I would like a little information on that before the end of this summer sale.

LordEntrails
July 3rd, 2018, 03:27
Welcome to FG and the community

If you need the ultimate license now for allowing your play group to run with demo licenses then buy it now.

There is no release date for FG Unity. Their is no official information on what the upgrade costs and licenses will be. The president of SmiteWorks has stated that their will be some sort of discount and maybe even a Kickstarter, but that no decisions have been made. Everything else is speculation.

If you do not need the ability for multiple unlicensed players to connect, then you do not need the ultimate license so don't bother getting it. If you need that ability (or it is more cost effective than all your players buying a standard license) then buy it when you need it :)

celestian
July 3rd, 2018, 03:49
Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

I'm trying to start my first campaign and I just recently bought the D&D book bundle form the store and am thinking about getting the UL but I'm reading that I wouldn't get the Unity version if I do so? That I would, though, get a discount? What type of discount? I would like a little information on that before the end of this summer sale.

You might could just use the per month method if you're concerned.

damned
July 3rd, 2018, 04:08
Unity might be 6 months and it might be 24 months.
If you want the Ultimate license Id buy it now.
You will very likely get some sort of discount if Unity is released within 2 years.

Vague? Yes.
Buy it for what it is today.

Valyar
July 5th, 2018, 13:36
Don't wait. You miss too much fun time without FG. Roll20 is terrible and I the only regret I have in regards to FG is that I didn't buy it earlier.