PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Images and Maps

CarlPalmer
July 2nd, 2018, 16:49
Is there a way to change a Group title for images and maps? I have tried the edit button, but that doesn't seem to work as expected. It seems that renaming a group makes it no longer work.

I really want to be able to classify groups with a prefix of Maps-, Artwork-, NPC-, etc. Unfortunately the WOTC modules don't use a consistent naming scheme.

I am guessing the answer is no, as it is reading an XML file from the module, and the WOTC modules are locked for some reason, but I am hoping.

Andraax
July 2nd, 2018, 17:19
Click the "+" button when edit is active, this will create a new group with a default name. Rename that group to what you want. Then drag the maps / images from where they are currently to the new group.

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2018, 17:33
Is there a way to change a Group title for images and maps? I have tried the edit button, but that doesn't seem to work as expected. It seems that renaming a group makes it no longer work.
FG reads the module group organization data when the module is first opened or when the campaign loads. Changing the group name requires the campaign to be reloaded or the module closed and then reopened to see the group name change work fully (i.e. contain the original data in the renamed group).

CarlPalmer
July 2nd, 2018, 17:34
@ Andraax

Sure, I can create copies, but when you quit and reload FG, the old group is still there with all it's images. I am trying to clean up all these groups by renaming them or moving the images somewhere else.

@Trenloe

Brilliant! Thank you.

CarlPalmer
July 2nd, 2018, 18:53
Some items will simply not change. I have tried renaming them, pressing enter in the field after renaming, doing a /save, reloading modules, rebooting, doing only one rename at a time, etc. Whenever I unload and reload a module or reboot, the name pops back to what it was previously. Am I missing something, or are some of these groups not able to be renamed? Specifically PHB and DMG. Some others are being difficult as well, but those two primarily.

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2018, 19:34
You can't change the names of the groups for things like the PHB or for the DMG; well you can but they won't persist since when you load the campaign back in or close/reopen the module it will revert. You should be able to change the names of the image groups of most of the adventures I think; but this will only persist for the campaign that you do the changes in, since you can't save the changes you have made.

In most cases in any campaign you will likely only ever have one or possibly two adventure modules open in that campaign so naming conventions shouldn't be too much of an issue.

CarlPalmer
July 2nd, 2018, 19:47
Kinda what I figured. I assumed that it was because the dat files are encrypted. Thanks!