PDA

View Full Version : Port Forward-Help Please

Verobeans83
July 1st, 2018, 03:39
Hi everyone,

I spent the better half of last weekend working with FG support to get port forwarding to work. Then five days later, my router failed and I replaced it with a new one. Updated the same information for port forwarding and now nothing works. I am a host and trying to get this game set up and I can't seem to get FG to work so I can host my first DM session. Any suggestions would be great. Here is my information:

1. MODEM
-WOW way ISP
-First ISP tech said they bridged the modem to the router, second tech said this new router doesn't allow the modem to bridge to it. I have no clue how to tell when I am logged into the modem.
-I personally logged into the modem and UPnP is ENABLED.
-Also, the modem is a 2 in 1. I utilize the modem but the router is disabled along with the firewall settings etc because I use my personal router.

2. ROUTER *personal*
-ASUS RT-AC66U_B1
-Port forwarding has been added, IP address is the same as the IP address on my FG external that I am giving to my players.
-Also this router has UPnP enabled as well.

3. COMPUTER
- Windows network has been set to PRIVATE
-AVAST has game performance ENABLED. *I have also tested with Avast disabled and still won't work'

At this point I am about to go out and try a completely different router. I don't want to do this however, I am at my wits end. I went and bought all these campaigns, books, tokens, etc and I can't even host my first DM session :( HELP PLEASE! I have been reading up on every post on FG in hopes to try something I have missed?

Thanks for any help!

damned
July 1st, 2018, 04:14
If you are quick - real quick - send me your email via PM and Ill have a look with you.

Also post the output of
tracert 8.8.8.8

and also
Write down the External IP that FG shows.
Go to google and type "what is my ip address?" and write that number down.
Log onto your router and locate the external/WAN/internet IP address and write that down.

Are the three addresses the same?