PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG/MoreCore Dice Mechanics

Ravenclaw74
June 30th, 2018, 15:43
I was wondering if you can do the following dice mechanics in CoreRPG and/or MoreCore:

- Shadow of the Demon Lord: The base mechanic is a d20 plus modifiers versus a Target Number. Easy enough, but there is an additional mechanic called Boons and Banes. Basically you roll an additional d6 and either add (Boon) or subtract (Bane) from your win. You can have multiple Boons/Banes but you only take the highest number. Can't that be done?

- Wrath & Glory: This is a new game coming out in a couple of months. The base mechanic is a d6 pool versus a target number. 1-3 is a failure, 4-5 is one Success, and 6 is two Successes. There is an additional die called the Wrath Die that triggers a Complication on a 1 and a Special Bonus on a 6. Can that be done?

Thanks for your inputs.

Trenloe
June 30th, 2018, 16:34
SotDL is already in MoreCore including boons and banes. See the MoreCore rolls library here: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html

Ravenclaw74
June 30th, 2018, 16:39
Well hell that is all I need! So run the command, drag the result to the Modifier box, then make the roll?

Ravenclaw74
June 30th, 2018, 17:03
I just found a MoreCore Extension for Shadow of the Demon Lord and banes/boons are already in it. Thanks whoever did that!

damned
July 1st, 2018, 02:07
Banes and Boons are part of the MoreCore base ruleset. The theme is just cosmetic and probably has a number of errors since it was done so long ago. Feel free to improve it and upload it back. I will get to it one day.

Also - dont use the command line. Learn how to add Rolls to the character sheet. Experiment with the best ways to setup your rolls and then share a completed character sheet or two.

For the other roll you will need to provide a lot more info. Is there a target numnber? Is the target number fixed or variable? How many dice are rolled. Are there modifiers. Do they affect the total, the target, the number of dice? How should the system report the result? etc...

superteddy57
July 2nd, 2018, 14:19
I've done some changes to the extension myself and actually expanded some new database elements like ancestries and paths. Give this a look through. It's just some additions I did to Damned's graphical extension. Boon/Bane are on the list of things to add as buttons, but works fine as rolls by themselves. My group loved using it. Not everything is automated and has been a slow process to add them as I'm still learning .lua and ruleset automation still.

*Update
Uploading a cleaned up version as I noticed the previous upload was the last state of my tinkering with some things. This version should be more clean and a Novice Pregen with items added to character sheet without any data to not infringe on the copyright.

damned
July 3rd, 2018, 00:29
I've done some changes to the extension myself and actually expanded some new database elements like ancestries and paths. Give this a look through. It's just some additions I did to Damned's graphical extension. Boon/Bane are on the list of things to add as buttons, but works fine as rolls by themselves. My group loved using it. Not everything is automated and has been a slow process to add them as I'm still learning .lua and ruleset automation still.

superteddy57 good work and thank you for sharing.
I will add this to the other thread.
Note - your zip/compression seems problematic.
Could you upload a character or two as well?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35056-MoreCore-Themes