PDA

View Full Version : Generic sfi-fi conversion

GandalfPl
May 24th, 2006, 13:15
Hi

I would like to use FG to play star wars, either d6 or d20 and I wonder if there is some sort of generic sci-fi mod for FG? I'd ask for star wars conversion, but i bet copyrights or some other legal stuff forbids from sharing it. I try to make my own mod, but it is taking ages as I have little time to work on it :(

Thanks!

Kalan
May 24th, 2006, 13:56
I know there are a number of Star Wars rulesets out there that people have put together. And since d20 SW is NOT OGL, and never will be, the chances of their being any kind of "official" ruleset is slim to nil.

That said - there is d20 Modern and the d20 Future supplement which ARE OGL, and of which there are also a couple of "legal" rulesets out there if yer hankerin for some sci-fi goodness :)

GandalfPl
May 24th, 2006, 14:51
Hm, and where one could download either tose "unofficial" rulesets (pm ;) or this d20 future?

Kalan
May 24th, 2006, 14:57
Hm, and where one could download either tose "unofficial" rulesets (pm ;) or this d20 future?

Hehe...the SW Rulesets you'd have to approach one of the multitudes who have painstakingly done them...take a boo over the Armory forums to find who they are.

As for the d20 Modern/Future...I shall point you in the right direction ;)

cantrels
May 24th, 2006, 16:43
I've got a working Star Wars D20 ruleset, in as much as a good character sheet, etc. It's functional enough for me to run a SW D20 game.

But as others have said, I cannot post it, as it is not open license material. I created it for my own use.

However, if you PM me, I'd be happy to give you tips on what I did to make things work.