PDA

View Full Version : Heard that a new Conan 2d20 ruleset is nearly done

kevdog45
June 27th, 2018, 23:29
I have heard certain folks say that the Modiphius Conan is coming out very soon. Is this true? I have been stashing some cash away for when this happens.

lostsanityreturned
June 28th, 2018, 09:21
Where did you hear this?

So far we have heard nothing from smiteworks and very very little from modiphius on the matter (their kickstarter updates have had nothing for months)

Valyar
June 28th, 2018, 09:27
I presume it is this post here, by Ogedei.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40866-Conan-2d20&p=395293&viewfull=1#post395293

Trenloe
June 28th, 2018, 09:56
June 17th Kickstarter update had: "ROLL20 SUPPORT - FANTASY GROUNDS - GM TOOLS - More in the next update as the team member involved has been off sick."

The last I heard on the Conan gaming Facebook page was that it's a couple of weeks off beta testing.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Smiteworks have any involvement with the development/coordination of this ruleset.

ShotGun Jolly
June 28th, 2018, 22:54
That is correct, the person who is making the actual ruleset is not Ogedei, but actually one of the guys from SXG.. Steve, iirc.

Until then.. Feel free to use Ogedei's ruleset. He got it going on!

ddavison
June 29th, 2018, 01:54
I reached out to Modiphius. We had talked back in 2014 but no agreement was ever finalized.

Assuming they have a dev in-house to do development, we would be happy to work with them to get it available.

Valyar
July 7th, 2018, 16:49
I reached out to Modiphius. We had talked back in 2014 but no agreement was ever finalized.

Assuming they have a dev in-house to do development, we would be happy to work with them to get it available.
Any update on that? :)

ddavison
July 7th, 2018, 16:55
Steve from SXG is working on it directly for Modiphius but I haven't heard any details on the progress or ETA.

Valyar
July 7th, 2018, 18:44
Thank you for the update! I look forward for this, as I am planning series of adventures and do some data upload into Realm Works as first phase.

ProfDogg
September 7th, 2018, 22:16
From Chris Birch at Modiphius on the KS Comments re the FG release:

"They're being made by external partners and not under our control. We should have an update on both [ed: FG and Roll20] in the next update though. However please provide feedback on the GM tools in the meantime."

The Tools he mentions are randomizers of things like adventure names and NPC personalities and such.

lostsanityreturned
September 8th, 2018, 03:00
From Chris Birch at Modiphius on the KS Comments re the FG release:

"They're being made by external partners and not under our control. We should have an update on both [ed: FG and Roll20] in the next update though. However please provide feedback on the GM tools in the meantime."

The Tools he mentions are randomizers of things like adventure names and NPC personalities and such.

Very bare bones randomisers and a weirdly large health tracker.

I am really unhappy with their approach to communication.

But I should be expecting of this after how they handled their collectors edition.

Originally meant to be a soft bound leather book with gilt pages and a gold foil stamped design.
Then it was going to be hardcover (which is fair, soft cover is hard to do at that size, oversight occurs)

But then it was changed to fake leather without telling backers and is just super thin fake leather wrapped around the normal cover at that. Shallow embossed and without gold foil or gilt pages.

All without informing backers. I know I wouldn't have chosen it as my option if I had been informed, and it wasn't cheap.

-mutters-
People give SW crap for unity but at least they communicate.

goodmanje
June 27th, 2019, 21:54
This is a May10th, 2019 update to the Conan Kickstarter page. Can someone confirm if this is accurate?

Fantasy Grounds - The good news is a lot of progress has been made by a developer to create a ready-to-play custom rule set, with art assets, character sheets, and more. All of it is currently still in BETA, as we've been looking at the content. I've approached SmiteWorks about licensing and have begun a dialogue there. I anticipate, with everything going smoothly, we're a couple of months away from releasing the rule set.

Valyar
June 28th, 2019, 08:56
I doubt there is any progress on this so far. I already have every book in Realm Works and can super easily transfer it to FG and make reference manual and library contents, but I fail to move forward with some of my ideas on the ruleset due to time and trial-error method of working. I presume same happened to the developer who took this assignment.

So for now I use my own customized version of the Conan 2d20 extension for MoreCore done by JollyGM and ogendei

Trenloe
June 28th, 2019, 14:20
I doubt there is any progress on this so far.
Do you have some inside information or is this just a guess? Because this completely contradicts the statement from Modiphius recently (posted above by goodmanje) : "The good news is a lot of progress has been made by a developer to create a ready-to-play custom rule set..."

goodmanje
June 28th, 2019, 16:34
Yea, that statement was dated 5/10/2019 so it’s a fairly recent update.

Valyar
July 1st, 2019, 14:09
I didn't get this update, apologies. This makes me quite excited as Conan 2d20 quickly became one of my main games. I wonder what kind of automation and integration with various talents and mechanics is out there (Doom, Complications, Re-rolls, return to pool and etc)

lostsanityreturned
August 18th, 2019, 19:40
Do you have some inside information or is this just a guess? Because this completely contradicts the statement from Modiphius recently (posted above by goodmanje) : "The good news is a lot of progress has been made by a developer to create a ready-to-play custom rule set..."

They say they are still in discussions with smiteworks as of now (although over 3 months to come to a license agreement seems pretty steep to me)

Not sure what the holdup is.

goodmanje
September 4th, 2019, 20:38
Very disappointing... there hasn’t been any more updates on this from Modiphius. I’ve just come to terms with the fact that FG is good for playing 5e, 2e, Pathfinder, Starfinder, or Savage Worlds.

These other games are just out of reach for online play unless you have a ton of spare time to create your own ruleset and enter everything in manually.

damned
September 5th, 2019, 03:12
Very disappointing... there hasn’t been any more updates on this from Modiphius. I’ve just come to terms with the fact that FG is good for playing 5e, 2e, Pathfinder, Starfinder, or Savage Worlds.

These other games are just out of reach for online play unless you have a ton of spare time to create your own ruleset and enter everything in manually.

I play sooo many games on FG that are not on your list.