PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds - Starfinder Product Review - Legendary Planet Players Guide

TheFitGM
June 27th, 2018, 17:24
Hello folks! I created a product review video for the Legendary Planet Players Guide, which is a Starfinder Compatible Supplement that you can purchase for Fantasy Grounds. I hope this is welcomed, and I'm always appreciative of feedback, as I am pretty new to this.

https://youtu.be/cZDHZh8AyzA

imjedi
June 27th, 2018, 17:56
Great job on the review. I see that you did the player edition. Any thoughts on the full version of Legendary Planet? Is that beneficial for GMs over the player version alone? Does anyone know if the Full book includes the player version also as part of the license?

TheFitGM
June 27th, 2018, 18:14
Great job on the review. I see that you did the player edition. Any thoughts on the full version of Legendary Planet? Is that beneficial for GMs over the player version alone? Does anyone know if the Full book includes the player version also as part of the license?

Thank you for the kind words. As to your question, at this point in time, there are only two modules available for Starfinder with regards to Legendary Planet. First is the Players Guide, which I reviewed above, and then the first Adventure Path: To Worlds Unknown (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=LGP203LP03SF). I will be doing a first impressions video of the adventure path within the next week or two.

You will not find the content of the players guide repeated in the adventure path, so you will have to buy each of these modules separately. However, this is what you will find with the Adventure path:

"To Worlds Unknown," a Starfinder Roleplaying Game adventure for 1st to 5th-level characters by Jim Groves
A "Planetary Bestiary" by Jim Groves and Thurston Hillman, featuring the ferocious bahgra, the mysterious elali, the cruel jagladine, the savage klaven slave-soldiers and klaven warbeasts, and the terrifying tauslek and tauslek matriarch.
A collection of "Alien Treasures" by Jim Groves and Jeff Lee, including mundane and magical items from deathbloom nectar to the rejuvenation vine and skystrider harness.
A gazetteer of the planet Argosa, "World at the Crossroads," by Jim Groves, Jonathan H. Keith, and Andrew Christian.
A detailed examination of the 20 deities of the "Planetary Pantheons" by Sean K. Reynolds
Last but not least, "The Treasure Within," the first chapter in a 7-part short story by award-winning author Chris A. Jackson

imjedi
June 27th, 2018, 19:15
Ah that is good to know. For some reason I was reading that as a campaign pack, and as you pointed out, it is not.

So I will say one thing in disappointment.

Purchase of the Legendary Planet: Players Guide on Paizo's site(pdf) $2.99.
Sync Fantasy Grounds with Paizo purchases
Purchase of the Legendary Planet: Players Guide on Fantasy Ground's site $3.99.

No discount provided even though it was a paizo purchase. This is likely because the contract with Paizo only covers their original content, but its a sad state to pay not only the $2.99 original price, but also a premium for the content. Going forward I will probably stay away from the non-paizo SFRPG compatible content on FG and instead just buy the pdf's myself and convert the content myself to save the wasted expense.

That said, if you have no need or want for the pdf itself, and will only ever use the content through FG, the purchase there only woudl be a great option since you save time converting for only $1 in cost.

Nylanfs
June 29th, 2018, 16:46
Legendary Planet is not a Paizo product, it's sold on the Paizo store.

https://www.makeyourgamelegendary.com/products-page/legendary-planet/legendary-planet-players-guide/

imjedi
June 29th, 2018, 18:22
Legendary Planet is not a Paizo product, it's sold on the Paizo store.

https://www.makeyourgamelegendary.com/products-page/legendary-planet/legendary-planet-players-guide/

I understood its not a Paizo product, but was purchased through their site and FG has a link for Paizo purchases to reduce the cost of the product in FG. As I said though, now I know, this just means that you are better off buying the pdf yourself and converting for FG if you want to use the product outside of FG at all. If you however only ever will use FG to access, then paying the $1 convenience fee to buy on FG directly is better. As I personally like having the rulebooks on my ipad also, I need to go route #1.