PDA

View Full Version : Possible new function needed for FG

jkagie
June 27th, 2018, 04:47
It looks like a DM can't apply a character stat effect to a character.
Example:
DM wants to apply : ATK:-[PRF]

They can't do it. To get it to work the player needs to create an effect on their PC sheet actions tab that states the same thing and then the PRF gets calculated correctly and applied.
For a Proficiency of +2 the effect goes on the CT as ATK:-2.

We also tried to have the player apply the effect from the table's effects group. But again the effect doesn't come from a PC sheet so no PRF value is applied. (CT shows "ATK:[-PRF]")

It seems like FG could use a target based effect for PC sheet abilities, LVL, and PRF.
Like: STRT, DEXT, PRFT, LVLT so the target's value gets used for the effect.

Thoughts?

LordEntrails
June 27th, 2018, 05:29
Thoughts are that as a DM I apply effects to characters all the time.

The DM can open any PC sheet and create an action for that PC. Or the DM can create an effect on the CT. Or the DM can create an effect in the effects list and then drag it to the CT.

So, it sounds like this must be a specific effect, a proficiency modifier to the attack...? Have you checked the wiki for the ruleset you are using to see if you are using the correct formatting? And to see if the effect you want to create is supported?

You can always request new functionality, and in this case new effect types, on the Wishlist; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Zacchaeus
June 27th, 2018, 09:09
LE the OP is using the special PC tags such as STR, LVL, PRF etc in an effect as a modifier, like ATK:[-LVL]. Such effects can only be applied successfully from the actions tab of the player character sheet. This is because FG needs to know whose LVL should be applied. If such an effect is applied from the effects dialog or simply typed into the CT or comes from anywhere else you don’t get the correct result or indeed any result at all.

To the OP; add it to the wish list. I suspect that adding such functionality would not be super easy. Link to the wish list in my signature.

jkagie
June 27th, 2018, 15:46
I added 2 items, I think. I can't see them in the list. I also added them without an account so I created an account and then added another item but changed the example. I didn't see to know how to add a comment/description along with the abbreviated subject line.

Trenloe
June 27th, 2018, 15:52
I added 2 items, I think. I can't see them in the list. I also added them without an account so I created an account and then added another item but changed the example. I didn't see to know how to add a comment/description along with the abbreviated subject line.
Type in the subject of your request in the "I would like to..." field. Then, if there are no similar entries already, click the "share your idea" orange button at the bottom of the similar entries list. Then you can fill in the subject and description and submit your idea.

jkagie
June 29th, 2018, 18:16
Thanks, I obviously didn't scroll down below the known items. I'm good now!

Gamerman
June 29th, 2018, 19:06
The " "I would like to..." filtering function on the FG2 Idea Informer site is actually broken.

It performs an initial filter, but if there is more than one "page" of matching results, clicking on the bottom link to see the additional matches removes the filter and takes you back to the original unfiltered list.

Makes it very hard to avoid entering duplicate feature requests.

I pinged Moon Wizard about this long-standing bug with the feature request system recently.

Hopefully, Idea Informer can fix the bug.

LordEntrails
June 29th, 2018, 23:32
I just leave the "I would like to" part out and filter on the core of the idea. I don't think Idea Informer is doing very much development/enhancements any more :(