PDA

View Full Version : Motivated & dedicated player seeking long term campaign group!

Andrew Bradford
June 25th, 2018, 22:19
Introduction

Hi there, my name is Andrew and I have been playing tabletop games for about 2years now, my only experience being in Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition as primarily a DM. I fell in love with this style of gaming the moment I tried it, all my previous doodles, notes, and ideas for worldbuilding and adventures drew me into this game like a moth to a flame. Over the past 6 months, I have been running a series of campaigns (currently 3) that all play weekly within the same campaign setting as I slowly build it from the ground up. I love it and could spend the rest of my life enjoying every moment of its growth, but the more I play and the more I learn, the more I want to be in the players seat, to understand and truly embrace the experience and the amount I could learn from being a player. I want to meet other players of this beautiful game and relax as I take time out of my week to sit down for a few hours and truly appreciate what other DMs are doing for this community.

Schedule

Due to being a stay at home dad at the ripe young age of 22, I have plenty of free time and availability and would be more than happy to go over that in more detail upon being contacted.

Expectations

Being a player in your game, I expect to meet likeminded individuals all with their own traits and playstyle who wish to come together to have a wonderful experience with what the DM puts in front of us.

I wish to support and uplift the other players of my group to empower them and their characters in all aspects of this game.
I wish to create and adapt a character concept that fits with the group and the campaign that is being run
In short, I want to be a team player so that I can help myself along with others in enjoying the beauty of the experiences and memories this game provides.

Playstyle

My playstyle is still not fully known to me as I have had most of my experience behind the DM screen, though I do believe like with DMing, I primarily enjoy the story telling and having a shared creative space with others.
When it comes to rules, I am alright with rule bending and homebrew so long as it is made clear at the start with the expectations of the groups, rather than by suprise.

Closing Statement

I have been looking for a campaign to take part in as a player off and on for quite some time now, so I hope for the best and if there is any other information you would like to know just contact me through a private message or reply to this post. Thank you very much for taking the time to learn about me and consider me for your group! :)

LordBalkoth
June 26th, 2018, 00:45
Are you only looking for 5E games?

I have two spots open in a Pathfinder game on Wednesdays...but we might be too combat heavy for you (partly due to a large focus on challenging combat and partly due to Pathfinder combats often taking far longer). Can check it out and see if it interests you:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35267-Pathfinder-Legends-of-Belguth-Looking-For-Players

dulux-oz
June 26th, 2018, 05:16
Hi Andrew,

I'm running two long-term games (on alternate weekends) with guys from both the USA and Australia (and one from Thailand). One's a Space Opera using TSRs (WotC) Star Frontiers called Omega Dawn (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38028-Terrorists-Aliens-Megacorps-Politicians-A-New-Campaign-Of-An-Old-Classic), the other is a Deadlands Classic/Deadlands Classic Hell On Earth game called A Tale O' Terror (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42817-A-Tale-O-Terror). While we don't need any more Players, it never hurts to round out a group will more than you actually need. :) So if you like, check out either or both of the two links and then shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers

Andrew Bradford
June 26th, 2018, 09:03
Thank you for the replies so far, I'm looking into each of the offered games, but in the meantime am still searching for a group!

TMO
June 26th, 2018, 13:14
Thank you for the replies so far, I'm looking into each of the offered games, but in the meantime am still searching for a group!

Hi Andrew,

You sound like the dream player! I might have an option for you to consider but I need to consult with a group that I currently play with. We play on Tuesday evenings about once a month from 7:30 - 10:30pm PST. This is a game I am a player in, but I think the DM and other players would fit well with your temperament and expectations. Let me know if this is of any interest to you.

I realize you might want something more regular. I am contemplating - but not quite ready yet - starting up a new campaign. At the very least I want to keep your name on file and have you consider anything new I put together. I am convinced we would get along quite well.

Intruder
June 26th, 2018, 16:40
In a nutshell......

I am an ol' school, 1st edition fan.
I am trying to recreate an experience that resembles the facination of old school D&D......Exploration, Interaction, Combat......
and story-telling.

Players try to 'engineer' their character. For instance, they couldn't care less what their Background represented.
They only care how it enhances whatever exploits are being created.
I try to craft adventures around a story most of the time and encourage players to play a character
that interests them instead of filling a role.

Having said that, what you play is up to you.

Ability Scores start with the standard Array.

In order to restrain the 5e power curve and suppress 'builders' (min/max) engineers, certain limitations are observed for our characters.

The only races we are using are Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Gnome, Half-Orc and Dwarf.
Races don't include Dragonborn nor Tyflings.
Human will not include 'Variant'.

Classes are from PHB only. Warlock is not be used.
Rules are PHB only with exception of certain DMG items. ie, Feats
Feats and Multi-Classing are not used after 6th level.
No other rulebooks are used.

Our Campaign is centered in the 'Border Kingdom', in the year 904 DR.
This was done to operate in a basic adventuring environment.

West Marches style adaption.....
The Campaign is long term, but 'party' is a relative term here.
There are 11 active players in the 'Company' right now.
PC's will form a 'Party' of from 4-5 characters in order to explore/resolve all or part of an Adventure during 1 'Game Session'.
A Game session is a 3 hour block conducted any night of the week except Tues or Thursday, game time is always 7-10pm EST.
(If all players and myself are present before the start time, gaming can begin)
At the conclusion of the game session, the Party is expected to return to the main Town unless specific interest is expressed to remain at the location.
Return trips are at the option of a new party, and for the purpose of forming a group for the same(or different) day of the week.

Parties that elect to remain are considered 'static' and can not join another party until they return to town.

Adventures are drawn from old AD&D sources and adapted to 5E.

This is a Player Participation Campaign and your enjoyment is a result of your participation.

It is very educational to visit the 'THAC0 Tavern' Group in the FG Forums and read the various Postings to get an idea
of what we are about.

Andrew Bradford
June 26th, 2018, 20:13
Thank you all for the replies! I have taken more groups into consideration and have sent PMs to those I have possible interest in learning more about, in the meantime I will still be searching for a group as I figure things out over the next few days :)