PDA

View Full Version : Suppressing FGs dice clearing behavior

Stitched
June 25th, 2018, 17:53
Hello,

I wanted to see if it possible within FG to allow dice rolls outside of chat, only as reference, and be able to subdue the multiple dice clearing it does "automagically".

The reason is that I want to use something like Vordheim that has these "covers" you roll dice on to get results (as opposed to actual dice rolls). However, FG clears the multiple dice after the roll fairly quickly so it's hard to get a read of them. I realize fully I can "cheat" this using a table but wanted to know if someone has written an extension that breaks this behavior.

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2018, 18:03
You can 'throw' a single dice anywhere on the table but only dice rolls made in the dice tray will actually be recognised by FG. I don't know the mechanic that you are talking about and I'm not sure either whether an extension is possible since the dice mechanics are not as far as I'm aware exposed to being editable.

Stitched
June 25th, 2018, 18:11
I don't care about the result - I only care about the placement in relation to the image (where they land on it).

This page outlines exactly how "drop tables" work - (https://gnomestew.com/game-mastering/tools-for-gms/trying-out-vornheims-die-drop-tables-for-instant-content-generation/)

Here's another good example : https://www.rolang.com/archives/tag/vornheim

Without going out and buying a bucket of physical d4s, I thought it would be nice if FG had the functionality already there. Looks like tables are the way to go. :\

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2018, 19:50
Well from a brief reading of those posts it looks like you would draw a chart or thing of some kind and then create a graphic of it which you can import into FG. Then drop dice on it.

Stitched
June 25th, 2018, 20:20
Well from a brief reading of those posts it looks like you would draw a chart or thing of some kind and then create a graphic of it which you can import into FG. Then drop dice on it.

Yes BUT when you do that, in FG, all but one of the dice disappears. I don't want the dice to fade or at least, I want to be able to chose WHEN the dice fade (if that makes sense).

Trenloe
June 25th, 2018, 20:24
You can't change when the rolled dice fade.

Your best bet appears to be simulating this via a table.

Arion
June 25th, 2018, 20:40
I would be inclined to press the "Print Screen" button immediately after rolling them and then go to a graphics program and "paste" the image. Count the dice and get rid of the image.

Valyar
June 25th, 2018, 21:26
Those things are more inclined for real tabletop gaming. Converting to tables or doing clunky rolls over an image will work, but won’t be the same feeling :)