PDA

View Full Version : Buy Maps and Artwork from Roll20 for Use in Fantasy Grounds

jajen2003
June 25th, 2018, 13:30
Just a heads up FG community...

Roll20 allows you to buy art assets from their site, download them directly, modify the assets if you wish and you can still use them in Fantasy Grounds.

Unlike Doug and Co who's art offerings, you can't even get the jpegs of.

Imagine, being able to buy and download map packs, alter them to meet your campaign needs and still use them in Fantasy Grounds. Roll20 allows you to download the raw art assets once you purchase.

Imagine.

LordEntrails
June 25th, 2018, 15:06
You've made your point in your other thread on this topic. Now it just seems like you are lashing out and throwing a tantum just so that your position gets added attention.

Very immature of you.

madman
June 25th, 2018, 16:04
You can Google all the maps you need.

Grow up
Madman..

celestian
June 25th, 2018, 16:12
Just a heads up FG community...

Roll20 allows you to buy art assets from their site, download them directly, modify the assets if you wish and you can still use them in Fantasy Grounds.

Unlike Doug and Co who's art offerings, you can't even get the jpegs of.

Imagine, being able to buy and download map packs, alter them to meet your campaign needs and still use them in Fantasy Grounds. Roll20 allows you to download the raw art assets once you purchase.

Imagine.

I've not purchased a map pack from FG so not sure but... are the .mod files encrypted? Can you not just unzip the .mod file and do with as you want with the map images?

Bidmaron
June 25th, 2018, 20:52
Apparently not on many of the newer ones. I think he has a point but if the publisher insists on encrypting I guess SW is stuck.
Maybe there should be a warning for encrypted ones.

Andraax
June 25th, 2018, 21:14
I hope you enjoy using Roll20. I'm guessing you are unhappy with FG?

Trenloe
June 25th, 2018, 21:22
I hope you enjoy using Roll20. I'm guessing you are unhappy with FG?
It appears to be a personal rant against Doug - especially if you read the Steam community forum thread. I seem to remember the OP having similar issues in the past, and is not afraid to post their opinions (rants?) all over the place. Because we all know that is a good way to open a dialogue and discuss things in a mature way.

ddavison
June 25th, 2018, 21:29
I'm going to close this thread as well. It remains for anyone to read but there is very little worth in continuing the discussion further.