PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect and port is open

Niles
June 21st, 2018, 17:09
I recently switched from Centurylink to Comcast. I can't get my IP address to show up on the FG splash page and when I do a connection test, it fails. When I opened port 1802 I used the IPv6 address instead of the IPv4 address. Does that make a difference? Is there anything else I should do? Thank you for any help!

Mike

Trenloe
June 21st, 2018, 17:13
When I opened port 1802 I used the IPv6 address instead of the IPv4 address. Does that make a difference?
Yes, FG only uses IPv4.

Additionally, your new provided may be pooling public IPv4 IP addresses. From a command prompt type tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the results here so we can check you connection setup.

Niles
June 21st, 2018, 17:28
Yes, FG only uses IPv4.

Additionally, your new provided may be pooling public IPv4 IP addresses. From a command prompt type tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the results here so we can check you connection setup.

Here it is.

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2018, 19:32
You've chopped off the vital bits down the right hand side. But initially it looks like that might be an IPv6 network that you are on, but if you can make the window bigger we can see the IP addresses down the right hand side.

LordEntrails
June 21st, 2018, 20:56
Right side is not chopped off, it wraps around to the next line.
The second line, 96.120.102.245 is a Comcast IP that I think is a private IP. Which, if I'm right, means that Comcast is aggregating IPs and therefore your router is not on a public IP.

Wait a bit for one of the network gurus to confirm, but if I'm right, then you will have to ask Comcast to port forward their router to yours so that you can "do peer to peer gaming on port 1802".

damned
June 21st, 2018, 23:40
Check what External IP FG shows.
Log onto your router and check its WAN or Internet Status and check its the same IP.
If it is then its all in your hands.

First clear any port forwards you might have done.
Then set UPnP on.
Then check your network profile on your computer is set to Private.

Post back.

Trenloe
June 22nd, 2018, 03:55
The second line, 96.120.102.245 is a Comcast IP that I think is a private IP.
Nope, that's an IP address in the public range. See the info here for the private IP address ranges: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

LordEntrails
June 22nd, 2018, 06:04
Nope, that's an IP address in the public range. See the info here for the private IP address ranges: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
Cool, thanks for that info :)

Niles
June 22nd, 2018, 18:21
Check what External IP FG shows.
Log onto your router and check its WAN or Internet Status and check its the same IP.
If it is then its all in your hands.

First clear any port forwards you might have done.
Then set UPnP on.
Then check your network profile on your computer is set to Private.

Post back.

When I click on show external address on the FG log in page, nothing happens. No numbers show up

damned
June 23rd, 2018, 00:26
When I click on show external address on the FG log in page, nothing happens. No numbers show up

Please reply to the other parts and not just one piece.

If you cant get FG to show the IP are you running MalwareBytes?
What AV are you running?
Please type" what is my ip address? into google and check if the shown Ip is that same as what your router shows.