PDA

View Full Version : Looking for one more for Deadlands - Sunday Nights, 5:00 EST

Moranthus
June 20th, 2018, 18:26
Hello,

I am looking for an additional player for a Deadlands Reloaded game that I've been running with an established group of great role-players. There are currently three players in the posse and we're looking to add a fourth. Players of ANY skill level with Fantasy Grounds, Savage Worlds and Deadlands Reloaded are welcome to apply. See below for details.

Game Details:

System: Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded
Session Times: Weekly, SUNDAYS, 5PM-9PM EST
FG License: Standard License (or ultimate) required (I do not have an ultimate license)
Game Type: 70/30 RP VS Combat - be prepared to play a character but also be prepared to be challenged by regular combat.
Communication: This is a TEXT ONLY game. ALL game interactions and communication will be handled by in-client text chat only – this includes all player/DM interaction.

If you are interested in the game, reply here on the thread or by PM and I will get back to you shortly. Feel free to provide some information to me on your experience and the kind of game you are looking for. Questions are also certainly welcome.

Thanks for your interest!

- Moranthus

sirkerry
June 21st, 2018, 03:27
What's the deal with the text only games?

Moranthus
June 21st, 2018, 03:51
What's the deal with the text only games?

Well, I have a physical disability (hearing loss) that prevents me from using voice chat... Also I find text only games to be more immersive - especially when running horror themed games like Deadlands.

damned
June 21st, 2018, 07:55
There are plenty of people who are looking for TEXT ONLY - it might take a littel longer but you will find your players.

sirkerry
June 21st, 2018, 21:59
Well, I have a physical disability (hearing loss) that prevents me from using voice chat... Also I find text only games to be more immersive - especially when running horror themed games like Deadlands.

Ah. Never thought about that being more immersive.

Nyghtmare
June 21st, 2018, 22:41
Me and my players prefer text-only as well. We find it easier to do the roleplaying, since we can focus on what is being said rather than needing to have mad voice acting skills.

JohnD
June 22nd, 2018, 00:26
Ah. Never thought about that being more immersive.

It is more immersive. I used to use just text when I was running games in Neverwinter Nights and NWN2.

I still have flashbacks of typing at 55 wpm for 3+ hours and not keeping up to player demand... I'd not go back to that willingly. Exhausting it was....

But... for some it is a necessity.

Sgain
June 22nd, 2018, 05:09
I like sounds, and I like to do voices for my NPC's - to me typing in a game takes away my immersion as a player and GM - but, to each their own. Also, I really, really like sound effects.

Still, everyone is different and that's what makes gaming more fun and interesting.

Moranthus
June 22nd, 2018, 16:25
I like sounds, and I like to do voices for my NPC's - to me typing in a game takes away my immersion as a player and GM - but, to each their own. Also, I really, really like sound effects.

Still, everyone is different and that's what makes gaming more fun and interesting.

Absolutely - I didn't mean to sound like I was coming out against voice in games. In the end, whatever works for you works!

Sgain
June 22nd, 2018, 20:39
Absolutely - I didn't mean to sound like I was coming out against voice in games. In the end, whatever works for you works!

I totally get you. I think it is great that everyone can enjoy our hobby. Heck I've even played with people who didn't understand English (tabletop at a Con). They knew the rules and caught on pretty fast to what was going on. That sort of difference is why I've enjoyed gaming since the 1970's and will keep gaming and having fun til I die. Anyways - hope you get your player list full!

BentleyML
June 29th, 2018, 14:20
I'll admit I'm intrigued. I haven't had a chance to actually play around with Fantasy Grounds at all yet, when I gamed online in the past it was via IRC, and I haven't actually played Savage Worlds or Deadlands Reloaded. Last time I actually messed around with Deadlands was when it originally came out. So if you might be willing to deal with someone that is a newbie when it comes to Fantasy Ground and Savage Worlds, but is somewhat familiar with the Deadlands setting, I might be interested.

HellDevil
July 2nd, 2018, 23:41
i have intrest if you need a extra. but im a little wet behind the ears if you know what i men haha!

Moranthus
July 3rd, 2018, 03:18
Hey Bentley, Helldevil -

Unfortunately I have filled the slot. Thank you for your interest!