PDA

View Full Version : Legit sources of 5E PDF's

ChumSlinger
June 19th, 2018, 08:03
Does Wizards of the Coast not release officiaI PDF's? am looking for legitimate sources of 5E PDF's. I have seen some sketchy looking sites out there that offer packages of 5E PDF's that look too good to be true.

mrrockitt
June 19th, 2018, 09:15
They very likely are too good to be true Chumslinger.

Wizards of the Coast only release the material officially through DnD Beyond now I believe. There are various places you can find the PDFs but they are almost certainly not legal or endorsed by Wizards. Other companies certainly release their own products on PDF but not Wizards. However, you can buy the modules through Fantasy Grounds and have pretty much the complete PDFs that way (but only for use within Fantasy Grounds of course).

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2018, 10:34
WotC do not release pdfs for any 5e products. So anything you see anywhere will be illegal copies.

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2018, 17:28
The digital formats that you can find are;
- FG; almost all products have a Reference Manual that is a proprietary e-Book format that can be read in FG (offline).
- D&D Beyond; they have an online and I think offline version that is a specialized web page format.
- Roll 20; has some of the products that you can use online.
- I think one of the other VTT's recieved a license, but I don't remember them ever releasing anything (and not sure which one).

Any other digital formats (including all PDFs) are illegally created and distributed.

Myrdin Potter
June 19th, 2018, 18:55
You can find, for free, legit PDF of the SRD, basic rules, UA and a few special releases the the EE players guide. DMs Guild sells a few official 5e supplements like the Tortle race and the AL adventures. There are no PDF of th main books.