PDA

View Full Version : New Steam Publisher Page for SmiteWorks

ddavison
June 19th, 2018, 01:07
If you use Steam, let us know what you think of the new Publisher page here. It's available in an Open Beta.
https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/SmiteWorks/

If you like that style better than the store here at Fantasy Grounds, let us know and maybe we can rework the page here to be laid out in a similar fashion.

-Doug

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2018, 01:16
That looks good. And over 1,000 DLCs!

ddavison
June 19th, 2018, 01:45
I know! It's like a full-time job getting those all out the door and posted. :)

Ctmega
June 19th, 2018, 02:16
Looks great Doug. I like the layout... makes it easy to find exactly what I am looking for without scrolling as much as the fg store layout. It also works a little better on mobile where it seems I do the bulk of my FG shopping these days.

dulux-oz
June 19th, 2018, 03:14
Yeah, looks good :)

Mellock
June 19th, 2018, 15:04
Looks awesome. I couldn't readily find the button that lets me add all DLC to my cart at once for the sweet price of 9715,52€ though, like on the old page.

I just have to know... If I did this and hit the "update available" button in FG... How long would it take to update?

ddavison
June 19th, 2018, 15:14
Looks awesome. I couldn't readily find the button that lets me add all DLC to my cart at once for the sweet price of 9715,52€ though, like on the old page.

I just have to know... If I did this and hit the "update available" button in FG... How long would it take to update?

That depends on your Internet speed. We have that issue for each of us since everything is in each of our accounts. I'm not sure I timed it from scratch but I have a very fast connection and I think it takes at least 30 minutes for me.

JohnD
June 19th, 2018, 15:32
I liked it but I'm still making all my purchases here.

Nylanfs
June 19th, 2018, 16:12
perhaps some token, or map tags?

Howell Family
June 19th, 2018, 16:15
It looks great. Good job, all!

ddavison
June 19th, 2018, 16:41
perhaps some token, or map tags?

The products are tagged as Artwork, Maps and Tokens but the new Publisher Page on Steam doesn't allow filtering on those tags. We can only filter on the pre-built tags that are available. I did remove pre-built tags that didn't make sense for our audience though. We requested the option to add any tag we want and if that ever gets added, we will have many more options available.

kevdog45
June 19th, 2018, 17:05
I like the layout but when I go to buy something for any online product functionality is more important than looks. I like the functionality of the store here just fine.

Nylanfs
June 19th, 2018, 17:16
BTW, I'm curious on how much just FG's requests are driving Valve's store changes. We already know they had to bump up the DLC totals.

ddavison
June 19th, 2018, 19:00
They are surprising helpful for a big company dealing with a small company like ours. I think that is part of their culture to see new, smaller Indie shops get created and grow.

DM|Mag
June 19th, 2018, 20:17
I like the layout, nice job!

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2018, 21:40
Playing with it, found a few things;

The combination of the category tabs (Top Sellers, New Releases, Upcoming Releases, Discounts) with the filters doesn't work as expected. For example;
- When you have the "Top Sellers" tab active;
- - Alternate History, Lovecraftian, & Historical filters indicates items, but when it is the only filter selected, no results are returned. (Even after resetting to All, etc)
- - Nothing is listed in the Demo type, do you want to remove that filter or some how put the demo version up there?
- - Horror filter, shows the Ultimate license upgrade (but the upgrade is not on all the other filters).
You can get similar things with other combinations as well.

When selecting the "All" filter, it deselects all other filters, but the other filters don't behave the same way. (Note sure you can control that.)

If browsers matters; I'm using Chrome v67 (64 bit)

Zomnivore
June 20th, 2018, 00:46
I'd really like to sort tokens by the artist or company distributing them. I don't know if that's already a thing, but if I like the art style of one set of tokens by an artist/vendor I'd like to get their collection in one easy place.

damned
June 20th, 2018, 07:01
Hello

And goodbye.

mrrockitt
June 20th, 2018, 17:12
Good work!

Valyar
June 20th, 2018, 17:34
I really like the Steam page. Layout, lists, categorized in easy to use way, fantastic.
Maybe I will be minority, but I think it is not a bad idea forthe FG store’s page to get a refresh. :)

ddavison
June 20th, 2018, 18:09
Playing with it, found a few things;

The combination of the category tabs (Top Sellers, New Releases, Upcoming Releases, Discounts) with the filters doesn't work as expected. For example;
- When you have the "Top Sellers" tab active;
- - Alternate History, Lovecraftian, & Historical filters indicates items, but when it is the only filter selected, no results are returned. (Even after resetting to All, etc)
- - Nothing is listed in the Demo type, do you want to remove that filter or some how put the demo version up there?
- - Horror filter, shows the Ultimate license upgrade (but the upgrade is not on all the other filters).
You can get similar things with other combinations as well.

When selecting the "All" filter, it deselects all other filters, but the other filters don't behave the same way. (Note sure you can control that.)

If browsers matters; I'm using Chrome v67 (64 bit)

Yes, I can confirm this. There are some squirrely things with the filters but that is something on Valve's end to resolve at this point. I can tag products, put them in lists, and pick which lists show up on the features section. That is about all.