PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help

GuardonDuty
June 18th, 2018, 17:01
Hey all I'm trying to code the Shield of Missile Attraction just the code the resistance to range and i'm having trouble getting it to work. I've tried RESIST: ranged but i doest work. so before i code it like the uncanny dodge ability is there a code to resist ranged attacks??

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2018, 17:32
Hi GurasonDuty, welcome to FG.

Firstly it is important that you tell us for what ruleset you are using since FG supports many of them. Secondly it would be better if you posted the query in the sub forum relating to that ruleset.

Having got that out of the way; I'm going to assume the 5e ruleset. There isn't an effect that you can construct which limits resistance to only certain types of attacks. Resistance is always against damage types such as RESIST: piercing. As you suggest Dodge works very similarly and could be applied just before damage is rolled. You could also use RESIST: (without a damage type) which resists all damage or use the 'Half' modifier in the modifiers dialog.

GuardonDuty
June 18th, 2018, 18:47
sorry im using 5e

GuardonDuty
June 18th, 2018, 18:49
ya using 5e. i figured id have to us something like that but it never hurts to ask ty so much!