PDA

View Full Version : General questions

Ckorik
June 18th, 2018, 13:50
What is the 'modifiers' button for - is this only for my rolls or as the GM can I apply modifiers to a player on the fly? I'm curious if there is any way that I can give small adjustments to a roll without adding it to a player as an effect.

I saw (in the Kombat mod thread) tokens that look like spells (pit in particular) does anyone know which 'package' to buy to get these for my own game?

One of my players is a summoner - what's the best way to handle summoned monsters - is there a way to let the player 'use' these in game or do I just have to control the monster for the player?

Is there a way to keep something 'party treasure' but keep it from being sold when clicking the 50% button?

Is there an easy way to assign a stack of items to more than one person, - 4 to one - 2 to another for example?

Thanks in advance for looking these over - I'm still figuring the system out :)

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2018, 18:56
Modifiers is only for the client that the modifier is being set on. In your case, this is for the GM. As the GM, the only way I know to affect the player rolls is with effects.

I use these for spell tokens; https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195599/Dungeons-and-Dragons-5e-Spell-Tokens

You can share the monster with the PC by dragging the NPC link to the character's portrait. Set it friendly on the CT too.

Yes, just assign the item in the party inventory to "Party" or any name other than blank that you want.

No way to split stacks like that I am aware of. Others might know some way.

And if you haven't heard this before, start slow.Don't try to automate everything on day one. Don't worry about effects, don't worry about extensions until you have got the basics down. If you need, look up the user guide, the tutorial videos, or FG College. Tons of resources in all sorts of formats to help out.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2018, 04:27
Is there an easy way to assign a stack of items to more than one person, - 4 to one - 2 to another for example?
Not easily.

You could enter the names in the assignment section for the parcel item multiple times, e.g. Gandalf, Gandalf, Gandalf, Gandalf, Legolas, Legolas

Or, it's probably easier to drag/drop the link icon to the right of the parcel item in the party sheet to the PC portrait on the desktop - but you need to hold down the ALT key while you drag/drop to distribute the item to the PC (without the alt key it is just sharing the link as normal). So, ALT+drag twice to Legolas, then you can distribute the remaining 4 items to Gandalf via the normal method.

Or, just ask the players to drag/drop from the party sheet themselves - "Hey, who wants what? Take it from the party inventory - be quick!"

Ckorik
June 19th, 2018, 05:27
Or, it's probably easier to drag/drop the link icon to the right of the parcel item in the party sheet to the PC portrait on the desktop - "

Oddly - I found if I clicked the link (to open the description) and then dragged the item name from that window to players inventory - it assigned a single item from the stack to them and deducted one from the item count in the treasure list - I expected it to just create a link - but it somehow was keeping track of the fact that I had opened the item from the party inventory.

If I assign a name to an item (like party) that doesn't exist - then the item will 'stay' in the party inventory area? I'll give that a try - sometimes it's easier to just keep an item out of a backpack when they are still playing with ideas on what to do with it.