PDA

View Full Version : Nuking player's cache when custom ruleset/module is updated on the host side

Valyar
June 18th, 2018, 11:25
I run a game with community ruleset, extensions and custom game module. The module is almost completed, but here and there I make adjustments to it (Fix typo, add extra things). The ruleset and extensions also might be upgraded.

Do I have to ask the players to clear their data cache every time there is an update?

Valyar
June 18th, 2018, 14:12
I found the following entry at this URL: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/introduction.xcp

Client auto download

Clients connecting to a session hosted by you using your own custom ruleset will automatically download a copy of your ruleset without any further need to distribute it. Any updates you make to a ruleset between sessions will be updated when clients connect to your session a second time.

How does it find out if something is modified? Checksum of the .pak file, timestamp, combination of both?

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2018, 18:40
I always assumed it was time stamp. But, would be nice to know as well :)

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2018, 23:02
It's based on a file hash (i.e. checksum) for each file in the module/ruleset/extension.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
June 19th, 2018, 08:45
It's based on a file hash (i.e. checksum) for each file in the module/ruleset/extension.

Regards,
JPG

Fantastic! :) I won't have to bother them with nuking stuffs when I add new goodies.