PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Input Not Responding

jajen2003
June 18th, 2018, 11:03
Hello.

I've come across this bug a few times now: I open up Fantasy Grounds, go to input some text and my keyboard does not respond, no text is entered. I can click, open links, move windows, roll dice, open tabs. I can do everything except input text.

This problem is solely isolated to FG. The only fix I've found (and it's not 100%) is to exit the program and reopen it. Then about 75% of the time, I can start putting text in again.

Running on Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.4). I was having problems opening from steam, then found out that you guys *FINALLY* made a Mac Installer, so I'm running straight from that.

It's been a few years since I've used FG, so perhaps there is some new "fidgety" thing that has to be done on Macs still.

I seriously can't wait for the Unity version of this program to come out so it just finally... works.

jajen2003
June 18th, 2018, 11:10
Just an update... this bug occurs any time I import a character, image or basically anytime I have to click a button within the interface to access my Finder to interact with game associated elements.

While we're at it, can you make Command a viable key? I'm on a Mac, I don't use Control. But since this started in Windows, I still have to use Control, instead on Command, on a Mac. Not a fan of that either.

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2018, 18:44
Are you running full screen? Don't, instead stretch the window to fill your screen. Full screen mode has been known to have some undesired behavior that may account for this.