PDA

View Full Version : Swords & Wizardry Rules "expert"?

celestian
June 17th, 2018, 20:48
I've been approached by Frog God Games to put together a ruleset for the Swords & Wizardry system. I've a good bit of knowledge with S&W but I am not a rules lawyer for the system. I am hoping to find a DM (or more) that has experience with S&W and FG both that can beta test the ruleset and give feedback where the rules within the ruleset need to be updated.

I am experienced enough with S&W to do get 80-90% but I want to make sure I do not missing anything. For example tonight I was reviewing bonuses for strength to hit/damage and the S&W Complete rules imply that only fighters get those. That is the type of thing I'll need help with.

We're still in the process of plotting out requirements and the schedule but im hoping to get rolling early next month (July) on the project assuming everything passes muster.

If you're interested in giving feedback on the ruleset and various other parts of the project please drop me an email at [email protected].

If you PM me here i might miss it because apparently my inbox has filled up a few times now ;(

damned
June 17th, 2018, 23:10
Only Fighters get the strength bonuses.
This is because the Paladin and Ranger get so many other things that the Fighter does not.

leozelig
June 17th, 2018, 23:37
Zhern knows a lot about it, maybe send him a PM? I don’t know how closely he follows the forums these days.

Talyn
June 17th, 2018, 23:42
Zhern was the one previously doing a S&W ruleset... maybe check with him and see about coordinating on a single codebase? Also hang out and ask questions on the FGG Discord, I'd imagine there are more S&W players there than here?

celestian
June 17th, 2018, 23:47
Zhern was the one previously doing a S&W ruleset... maybe check with him and see about coordinating on a single codebase? Also hang out and ask questions on the FGG Discord, I'd imagine there are more S&W players there than here?

Zhern, I am told, is working on other projects.

I am also looking in other D&D forums/areas for folks familiar with S&W. I'm hoping I can find someone experienced with S&W and FG though.

Zhern
June 20th, 2018, 01:35
I can confirm that Zhern is working on other projects. I'm still available to answer questions as needed.

sirkerry
June 20th, 2018, 20:50
I am also looking in other D&D forums/areas for folks familiar with S&W. I'm hoping I can find someone experienced with S&W and FG though.

Don't know if he would have time to help, but what about the guy that actually wrote the S&W rulebook? I can put you contact with him.

celestian
June 20th, 2018, 21:15
Don't know if he would have time to help, but what about the guy that actually wrote the S&W rulebook? I can put you contact with him.

Are you referring to Matt Finch?

sirkerry
June 20th, 2018, 21:20
Are you referring to Matt Finch?

Yep, he's a local.

sirkerry
June 20th, 2018, 21:36
I sent you a PM with a message from him.

Myrdin Potter
June 22nd, 2018, 06:33
Well, I put Celestian in touch with Bill Webb and Matt Finch about this (he already knows the Frogs) and Zhern is 5e Frog.

:-)

Mortar
August 18th, 2018, 20:12
Yes please! I know I am late to this party, but stumbled across this thread after a forum search - I was trying to figure out who was working on the ruleset :D

celestian
August 18th, 2018, 22:04
Yes please! I know I am late to this party, but stumbled across this thread after a forum search - I was trying to figure out who was working on the ruleset :D

Drop me an email and I'll make sure to get back to you. I am still waiting for FGG to get back to me on the project proposal so you are not to late ;)

yeknom
March 8th, 2020, 14:20
Any news on this Celestian?

celestian
March 8th, 2020, 19:50
Any news on this Celestian?

I was unable to work out a schedule with FGG (mentioned in ruleset thread). After that approval for other projects took priority and I suspect I probably will not come back to this one.

yeknom
March 9th, 2020, 05:30
Thanks Celestian.