PDA

View Full Version : [Extension] Advanced Kombat (5E)

Pages : [1] 2

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 20:01
This contribution has been removed by the author due to a disagreement with the change to the contributor license enacted by Smiteworks.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47443-The-Fantasygrounds-Content-License-change-and-how-it-affects-contributors

Moderators editing this post to re-upload it seem to have no respect for the original author's intentions, and would rather keep whatever value this provided to smiteworks.

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 20:02
<removed>

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 20:03
<removed>

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 20:04
<removed>

Ken L
June 18th, 2018, 00:00
Edit: part 8 was missing for some reason, added it back in.

whiteTiki
June 18th, 2018, 00:22
Impresive work!, there are few community members that have gotten this far in my opinion (I'm only into 5E). Each and everyone of them have made their unique mark in the FG community and your extension definitely is a great input to this community!

Thanks for sharing it and thanks for putting in so much time on it! I'm going to go now and try it.

Cheers!

Davinci522
June 18th, 2018, 03:24
I love this extension! My favorite detail might be that when I click the mask image it automatically goes to the first layer and when I "unclick" it, it reverts to the layer it was on. Such a nice quality of life detail. Although I can't seem to get the hight working. I hold shift and mouse wheel over the token but nothing happens. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Davinci522
June 18th, 2018, 03:32
Also as of right now it is working with Action Abilities, Advanced Effects, Encounter Difficulty Calculator, Field Filters for all Libraries (v0.3.2), and Replace GM Token. Those are the extensions I use at the moment and have not gotten a crash or error. But as mentioned above. Test one at a time to make sure.

Ken L
June 18th, 2018, 06:59
...I can't seem to get the hight working. I hold shift and mouse wheel over the token but nothing happens. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Token height works by adding a height entry to the combat tracker entry. In other words, the token must be part of a valid combat tracker entry. Maptokens don't count.

I'd be weary about any kind of effects extension as AK literally replaces the entire effects manager, the change is small but it necessitates an entire script replacement due to how global scripts work. As a side effect of being a small change, you can probably merge the two scripts with relative ease, however simply loading extensions does not "merge" them. Whomever is last to load outright replaces the prior.

arkanis
June 18th, 2018, 11:18
This is truly awesome!, height management was one of those little things that makes life easier to GM's that I was looking for.

Thank you, Sir!

Davinci522
June 18th, 2018, 15:04
Token height works by adding a height entry to the combat tracker entry. In other words, the token must be part of a valid combat tracker entry. Maptokens don't count.

The pictures shows him hovering over the map token and it changing the height. I also tried it over the combat tracker and all it did was reset the token scale even though token scale was locked.

Ken L
June 18th, 2018, 16:18
@Davinci522

Make a new 5e campaign and load in just AK and test. It sounds like you have extensions interfering with each other, You'll have to resolve those conflicts yourself, or pick and choose extensions that don't conflict.

Davinci522
June 18th, 2018, 17:45
Make a new 5e campaign and load in just AK and test. It sounds like you have extensions interfering with each other, You'll have to resolve those conflicts yourself, or pick and choose extensions that don't conflict.

No luck. Made the new campaign with only AK loaded and tested different creatures, both on map and in combat tracker. On map did nothing and in combat tracker just reset the token size.

EDIT: Its a small thing that I don't mind not having. Just not sure why it isn't working for me. I am running it on a mac and I believe FG goes through a wine bottle that way. That might have something to do with it.

Ken L
June 18th, 2018, 17:58
It responds to mousewheel, it sounds like you're using middle click which in FG it simply resets token scale when used on the CT entry, mouse wheel does nothing on the CT entry, the widget only modulates when wheel up/down is done on the token itself with shift+wheel.

Davinci522
June 18th, 2018, 18:17
It responds to mousewheel, it sounds like you're using middle click which in FG it simply resets token scale when used on the CT entry, mouse wheel does nothing on the CT entry, the widget only modulates when wheel up/down is done on the token itself with shift+wheel.

I am using the same mouse wheel action as zooming in and out of the map, im not clicking middle mouse. I disabled mouse button click but the reset size still happens. I am definitely marking this as a problem with my FG not your extension. Just not sure how to fix.

ll00ll00ll00ll
June 19th, 2018, 01:13
I am running it on a mac and I believe FG goes through a wine bottle that way. That might have something to do with it.

I am successfully running this on a Mac (I used the installer from the FG download page) it works as advertised. I created a brand new campaign and am using the Simple Gray theme and the Sticky Windows ext. I haven’t messed with locking or unlocking the token scale. I simply placed an NPC directly on the map, then added it to the CT, then tested the height, and works as shown (remember to hold down shift when scrolling)

Ken L
June 20th, 2018, 04:45
There is a known bug with the height widget which has been brought to my attention. Currently after adding tokens to the tracker, the height widget will not display to the clients until either an effect is added or the token takes damage, this is due to a change in the update piping from awhile ago. In addition some have reported ping not sync locking to clients, and I believe I've fixed this for the next update.

I'll push out both the ping fix as well as the height fix sometime this weekend.

Ken L
June 20th, 2018, 13:31
Moon integrated his own take on NPCID so 3.3.6 will not work with AK until I resolve this difference, ETA unknown. Your welcome moon.

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2018, 16:36
You just pushed me to finish out some stuff I started earlier. It’s all original code (or copied from other parts of ruleset).

Regards,
JPG

Tielc
June 20th, 2018, 18:31
Wow man, this is awesome, and really hits on a lot of my frustrations, especially adding tokens to the map, then being able to add them to the combat tracker. The height thing is super cool too.

Mazzar
June 20th, 2018, 22:09
For the layers portion, is there a reason that the mask is not bound to the Top layer? The purpose of the mask is to mask out anything that the PC's see. Right now, if I add an encounter, they show up on top of the mask. Unless I am doing something wrong.. The PC's and NPCs seem to require the top layer.

If the top layer has priority (covers all other layers) then having the mask reside on the top layer may solve all problems, no? All items below that layer will be hidden (as they should be) and the PC's will not see anything. Will this also get NPC's that are set to mask sensitive visibility work again?

I really like the extension you have but I don't see the layers working for me unless I am not doing it right. Unless there is a way to disable the layers feature altogether.

One more thing. When I drag an encounter to the combat tracker, even though they are in the combat tracker as invisible, the tokens are visible on the map.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 21st, 2018, 00:50
The player can "ping"?
Holding SHIFT+Left button

Mazzar
June 21st, 2018, 01:28
The player can "ping"?
Holding SHIFT+Left button

I’m not sure that solves the issue with adding an encounter to the combat tracker. As soon as I add it, the tokens are visible even when they are marked as invisible on the CT. I have to toggle visible and then invisible again to fix. Is there a way to add encounters where they start off invisible? I noticed in another post that mentioned this is normal functionality. When creating an encounter and placing the tokens, that will be visible to everyone. However, I am referring to when an encounter is already created and the NPC's are already placed. If you add the encounter to the combat tracker, they appear visible even though the CT shows they are invisible. You have to toggle the visibility for it to work. Is there a way to get it to default to being invisible?

I see how to add NPC’s and positioning them, and then adding them to the CT. But many adventure modules already have encounters pre-positioned. If I can just add them and have them start off invisible then I can at least get around the mask layer issue.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2018, 05:55
The tokens should be invisible when first added to CT and map from encounter record. At least that’s how the CoreRPG ruleset works.

Regards,
JPG

Ken L
June 21st, 2018, 05:59
@yako Only the host can ping, I'll clarify that in the posting after the update.

@Mazzar Layers fundamentally changes how maps are prepared by adding 2 layers above the 'image' layer. Only image controls that have a physical backing "image" can be 'masked', that's just how FG operates and is a limitation of the system; in truth it's an unintended side-effect as I don't think the devs intended for the use of an image control without an image. Zeus orignally was confounded by this himself if you peek into the code. My work around was to have it automatically switch to the background layer when the mask tool was toggled on off.

Regarding tokens showing up as visible after encounter placement, I believe that has to do with an interaction with layers. I'll look at it later, but it's not a pressing issue for me as I don't use encounters. I may get to it next week or some odd, but if this is a huge issue to you, you may as well go without AK, or don't rely on pre-placement, and just add them to the tracker prior to re-adding them to the map if you don't wish to use map-tokens.

Mazzar
June 21st, 2018, 17:42
@Moon Wizard, Yes, the core functionality works well. I am testing the Advanced Kombat extension which has a bunch of very nice features but seems to cause an issue with using the Encounters feature, where the encounters disregard the invisible status at first.

@Ken L Thank you for the response. I'd love to use the extension as it has a bunch of very useful features. Is there a way I can temporarily disable the layers portion? Not sure if there is a place to comment it out in the scripts or XML file. Or does most of the extension rely on it? I like the concept of the layers. I can add more realism to the maps by putting in tokens that the players cannot interact with (a door that is closed can be pushed open for example). I'd love to be able to use that but I am afraid that I am giving away the location of encounters if I use the encounters feature. When creating my own maps and adventures, none of this is a problem, but I am also using pre-made adventure modules (official d&d modules) and they all have encounters pre-programmed by Smiteworks.

The biggest issue is that when I add the encounter to the CT (where the tokens are already placed and positioned), they get added to the map as visible even though the CT shows them as invisible. That's probably a bigger deal than the mask issue anyway. To bad the mask doesn't work like the grid (which seems to span all layers).

Thank you

Maz

Ken L
June 21st, 2018, 18:25
@Mazzer, I think I know what the issue is, was browsing my github at lunch and poked around manager_combat. The layers integration isn't really to blame here. Token visibility by default is 'mask sensitive' which for the token (top layer) is pointless as it can't have a 'mask' as it doesn't have an image. Thus all tokens added by encounters are visible by default since there's no mask for the token/play layer (Trenloe added a modification that switches the image -> token layer for backwards compatibility on the token placements). I can put in a fix to make all encounters invisible by default, it's a pretty fast fix but I'll roll it out for the weekend update.

Mazzar
June 21st, 2018, 18:42
@Ken L Thank you! I think that will be great. It makes sense that being mask sensitive is pointless for encounters if they reside on the top (maskless) layer.

savoylen
June 22nd, 2018, 21:18
*deleted, sorry, double post*

savoylen
June 22nd, 2018, 21:19
I would LOVE this to work... but other than dropping this into my extensions folders (see image below), am I missing something?
It doesn't seem to want to work - at all. Not sure what else to do. I'm not running any other extensions. Not that it matters to the basic functions, but I even have the images in the right place (tokens).

Any tips for me? - Savoy

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2018, 21:49
Have you selected the extension when you start your campaign from the list of extensions below the campaign list. Otherwise make sure that the entire contents of the extension is in the folder and/or you don't have another folder within the advanced_Kombat_5e-master folder with the same name.

savoylen
June 22nd, 2018, 22:34
Have you selected the extension when you start your campaign from the list of extensions below the campaign list. Otherwise make sure that the entire contents of the extension is in the folder and/or you don't have another folder within the advanced_Kombat_5e-master folder with the same name.

Yep that was it... looks like I had nested one more 'level' deep somehow. Once I fixed that it showed up on the extension list (loading screen)... thanks! I figured it was something that simple :) Much appreciated assist!! - Savoy

Shoestring
June 23rd, 2018, 13:59
Love this extension thanks so much for your hard work. It seems it doesn't work nicely with Tielc's new Current HP Extension v2.1 also the Map Ping feature it super cool I can do the Shift+ Left click but it just places a token on my maps it does not zoom in or move the players map...maybe i missed something. I using a lot of custom maps that are 30x30 size. Thanks again

Ken L
June 23rd, 2018, 17:17
It seems it doesn't work nicely with ....

See the main post regarding compatibility issues with other extensions.

WARNING: This update requires you to switch to the test release of FG to access 3.3.6, you can do this from settings on the main launcher.

Update 1.25:
- Fixed Ping issue by switching to OOB messaging
- Fixed Encounters being visible due to layers intergration
- FIxed Height widget and others not populating after initially added to the tracker until damaged or effect added.
- Added Effect icon for "Magic Resistance"
- Added Tracker widget for "On Map" to replace the token scale widget which was removed in 3.3.6 (which I used to tell if a token was placed on map counter to its original purpose oddly)
- Resolved merge with 3.3.6's NPCID feature that moon integrated

Eskazen
June 23rd, 2018, 17:58
Hi this awesome piece of work You got here :)
Everything works as it should but i got errors poping out while changing layers (Enhanced Images are off)
"Script Error: [string "imagewindow_toolbar:toggle_layers"]:1: attempt to call field 'onValueChanged' (a nil value)" - This one pops when i just press layer button
"Script Error: [string "toolbar_layers"]:1: attempt to call field 'onValueChanged' (a nil value)" - And this one on shows each time i change/pick layer

Ken L
June 23rd, 2018, 18:02
somehow I knew this would happen.

Edit: I cannot reproduce this error on 3.3.6 (test server). If you have other extensions, disable them then try to reproduce it.

Eskazen
June 23rd, 2018, 18:20
I think i missed crucial part witch is 3.3.6 test server ver ;p
I'm on 3.3.5 switching to 3.3.6 now :)
Ill let You know if error will still show up

Edit: Works fine :)

Mazzar
June 23rd, 2018, 19:19
This is great! The encounters come in as invisible. I don't know if you did this or if 3.3.6 resolved this but placing the encounters also comes in as invisible too so now the players won't catch me placing them.

I did have one question about the NPCID.. How does that work now? You had it before where they come in as Unidentified until you click the ID button on the record sheet. I don't see anything like that anymore. Any idea how 3.3.6 does it?

Ken L
June 23rd, 2018, 21:23
I did have one question about the NPCID.. How does that work now? You had it before where they come in as Unidentified until you click the ID button on the record sheet. I don't see anything like that anymore

3.3.6 uses the encounter names as the "true name". Prior to NPCID (both my and moon's implementaion), the encounter name was the only way to hide the npc name which I attempted to preserve, a side effect is that pre-made modules put the "true name" in the encounters so my changes, it would use the 'encounter name' as the non-idname.

I've reverted the changes to the 3.3.6 base behavior, but privately I'll keep my own behavior.

WARNING: This update requires you to switch to the test release of FG to access 3.3.6, you can do this from settings on the main launcher.

Update 1.26
- Reverted to 3.3.6 encounter naming behavior

Shoestring
June 23rd, 2018, 23:53
3.3.6 uses the encounter names as the "true name". Prior to NPCID (both my and moon's implementaion), the encounter name was the only way to hide the npc name which I attempted to preserve, a side effect is that pre-made modules put the "true name" in the encounters so my changes, it would use the 'encounter name' as the non-idname.

I've reverted the changes to the 3.3.6 base behavior, but privately I'll keep my own behavior.

Update 1.26
- Reverted to 3.3.6 encounter naming behavior

Not sure how other people got this to work
I still have a compatibility issue with Current HP v2.1 and the Combat Tracker

damned
June 24th, 2018, 00:51
Not sure how other people got this to work
I still have a compatibility issue with Current HP v2.1 and the Combat Tracker

Shoestring please see the opening notes:

COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER EXTENSIONS

None what so ever.

This extension touches many of the major files like CombatManager and TokenManager, and even the data_library. If you want to ensure this extension runs as advertised, disable every single extension you have before enabling AK. Then enable each one, one-at-a-time in subsequent openings and check for conflicts. If you’re savvy, you can open up both extensions to ensure they don’t override the same files.

Why the lack of attention or care to this? Given how the global scripts operate, I already had to omnibus several of the component extensions that make up AK. Releasing them a la carte would be tedious and some would cease to function without the other or would require too many dependencies such that it could not exist without the other extension, and that extension depending on yet another.

The last thing I want my weekend to consist of is patching for X, Y, or Z extension because somebody really wants to use the two together. My generic response to that is if that person really wants to use AK and that extension, then they should be willing to try integrating it themselves.

This is a significant extension that modifies large amounts of code. It is very likely to clash with a lot of other extensions. You will need to choose which ones are more important to you. This amazing extension has been coded by KenL to get the game setup exactly the way he likes it. If you want the features from this extension you are quite likely to have to drop some others.

Shoestring
June 24th, 2018, 01:13
Shoestring please see the opening notes:

This is a significant extension that modifies large amounts of code. It is very likely to clash with a lot of other extensions. You will need to choose which ones are more important to you. This amazing extension has been coded by KenL to get the game setup exactly the way he likes it. If you want the features from this extension you are quite likely to have to drop some others.

I read that get that I'm letting people know that those two extensions are not playing nice

paladiusdarkhelm
June 24th, 2018, 15:33
I'm interested to see if the Vitality and Improved criticals extension conflicts with this. If I find time today, I'm going to check out those 2 in a new test-game.

paladiusdarkhelm
June 24th, 2018, 18:21
Adding this note for anyone else interested that uses the Vitality and Improved Criticals extension. I've seen some interesting behavior when you run the two extensions together. I've reached out to the other extension author as well here to ask if there's a way to incorporate both together: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39559-Character-Vitality-and-Improved-Criticals/page4

Ken L
June 24th, 2018, 18:59

Update 1.261
- Fix for NPCID for token titles and tooltips

paladiusdarkhelm
June 24th, 2018, 20:07
Newb question: How does one access the "test release of FG 3.3.6?" I've only just smashed the "update button."

Mazzar
June 24th, 2018, 21:03

Update 1.261
- Fix for NPCID for token titles and tooltips

Almost there :).. The CT and Token look good on the DM's screen (the Host computer) but when the token becomes visible, on the client's screen, the CT shows the real name (not "Unidentified Creature"). I connected another computer to the host to test this. So looks good on the host but not the client. It appears to not be updating the client's CT.

LordEntrails
June 24th, 2018, 21:36
Newb question: How does one access the "test release of FG 3.3.6?" I've only just smashed the "update button."
Chcek out the Lab; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-The-Laboratory
Make sure to read the post about Welcome to Public Testing

Ken L
June 24th, 2018, 22:16
It appears to not be updating the client's CT.

It'll have to wait for next weekend then unless something comes up, it's not an urgent issue for me as I don't show token names. Also IIRC moon is updating how npcid works again for 3.3.6 so expect some volatility this week.

paladiusdarkhelm
June 24th, 2018, 22:19
Chcek out the Lab; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-The-Laboratory
Make sure to read the post about Welcome to Public Testing

Ty!

Ken L
June 25th, 2018, 02:39
So NPCID is outright broken right now, initially I found there to be a merge error, then I found that even without AK loaded NPCID was behaving awkward. My old version updated the CT list directly, Moon's is more event driven and sometimes events are going missing entirely. I've integrated into 3.3.6 so I can't revert (given this is the direction 3.3.6 will be going). For example, adding creatures to the tracker from the NPC list has them show their true ID rather than non-ID even without AK loaded (in 3.5).

I haven't tested extensively piddled around with it yet, but don't rely on NPCID this week.

Ken L
June 25th, 2018, 12:22

Update 1.262
- Workaround: temporary work around to let npcid work. It's a problem with the clients being unable to access the link node as well as a merge issue on my end with the client ct entry.
- Note: This will change during tuesday as that's when FG typically updates both test and live, so if you're using this for your game this week, hold off on updating this Tuesday as I won't be able to do anything till the weekend.

Pakmule
June 25th, 2018, 23:34
I am successfully running this on a Mac (I used the installer from the FG download page) it works as advertised. I created a brand new campaign and am using the Simple Gray theme and the Sticky Windows ext. I haven’t messed with locking or unlocking the token scale. I simply placed an NPC directly on the map, then added it to the CT, then tested the height, and works as shown (remember to hold down shift when scrolling)

I haven't played much with wine. Where did you drop the contents of the zip file?

LordEntrails
June 26th, 2018, 01:28
I haven't played much with wine. Where did you drop the contents of the zip file?
Start FG, on the launch screen is a folder icon (top right?). That opens your FG Data folder. In there are various folders for extensions, modules, etc.

dmssanctum
June 26th, 2018, 04:31
Not sure if this has been reported or if it can be reproduced, but when running Advanced Kombat in FG version 3.3.6, it disables all the pins on my maps. I cannot interact with the pins in any way (no click, drag, or hover for information). I turned every other extension off, still no pin interaction. As soon as I turned Advanced Kombat off too, pins worked normally again.

Davinci522
June 26th, 2018, 04:36
Not sure if this has been reported or if it can be reproduced, but when running Advanced Kombat in FG version 3.3.6, it disables all the pins on my maps. I cannot interact with the pins in any way (no click, drag, or hover for information). I turned every other extension off, still no pin interaction. As soon as I turned Advanced Kombat off too, pins worked normally again.

Did you try moving to a different layer to interact with the pins? When I first downloaded it the pins were on the bottom layer while I was interacting with the top layer by default. Once I moved the pins to the top layer I could interact with them normally again.

dmssanctum
June 26th, 2018, 04:42
Thanks, that's the one feature I forgot about. Changing the layer allowed me to interact again. What would be the optimal layer to put pins on? ...Although changing isn't really feasible because I have city maps with 100+ pins.

Davinci522
June 26th, 2018, 04:46
If you want to be able to share the pins with your players then I think they need to be on the top layer since that’s the only one they can interact with. If it’s just for your info than that is up to you. If you don’t mind changing layers to interact than you can leave them be. But by default and pins that were placed before you added AK will be placed on the bottom layer since that layer is the original map layer (also why the FoW mask only works on the bottom layer).

Ken L
June 26th, 2018, 11:43
If you want to be able to share the pins with your players then I think they need to be on the top layer since that’s the only one they can interact with. If it’s just for your info than that is up to you. If you don’t mind changing layers to interact than you can leave them be. But by default and pins that were placed before you added AK will be placed on the bottom layer since that layer is the original map layer (also why the FoW mask only works on the bottom layer).

Astute observation, I should have noted this, only prior users of 'Enhanced Layers' would have known this prior. I've added it to the original post as a note.

Pakmule
June 26th, 2018, 17:47
Start FG, on the launch screen is a folder icon (top right?). That opens your FG Data folder. In there are various folders for extensions, modules, etc.

Got it. Thanks.

darrenan
June 26th, 2018, 19:26
Will the placement of pins on different layers survive the module export process? I'm wondering if I'll need to start loading this extension in my module-creation campaigns as well.

PTBBC.ORG
June 26th, 2018, 21:36
I tested the save option, and it popped up the checks and X's, but the clear save feature is not working at all. I have tried all layers, and the button does not respond to any of them.

Ken L
June 26th, 2018, 22:56
I tested the save option, and it popped up the checks and X's, but the clear save feature is not working at all. I have tried all layers, and the button does not respond to any of them.

I can't reproduce this, disable all extensions, except for AK and try again. If you can get a video or gif, that would help clarify it.

Related to this is that I discovered there's a bug in the 3.3.6 code for 3.5/PF where saves actually throw errors due to roll totals coming in as strings for some reason. I patched that up for the PF AK, but I'll wait to see what moon does to patch up the test release before I release it for PF.

Will the placement of pins on different layers survive the module export process?
I do not believe so, but I've never tested for this as AK was built to my usage habits, and I don't export. I may get to that this weekend but if you can confirm/deny it sooner that would be good to know.

PTBBC.ORG
June 26th, 2018, 23:19
[QUOTE=Ken L;395222]I can't reproduce this, disable all extensions, except for AK and try again. If you can get a video or gif, that would help clarify it.

I removed all extensions except for AK and now I get all kinds of errors about "nonid_name" and undefined control (token). That's with just opening the CT. Not doing anything else. Love the work, especially the multi layer option and detailed damage blood splatter, but going to keep it off for now until I can figure out what is causing the issue.

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (token_ctentry_base) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: window: Unable to locate control (isidentified) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (map_widget) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:153: attempt to index global 'nonid_name' (a nil value)

Ruleset Error: window: Control(tokenvis) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(tokenvis) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(map_widget) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(map_widget) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (ct_entry)

Ken L
June 26th, 2018, 23:28
Switch to test release. I put warnings near all the download links.

shiggy
June 26th, 2018, 23:55
When I install this I cannot drag and drop anything on the map anymore. I can also not click links or anything on the map. Any solution to this bug?

Davinci522
June 26th, 2018, 23:59
When I install this I cannot drag and drop anything on the map anymore. I can also not click links or anything on the map. Any solution to this bug?

Make sure you are on the correct layer. Everything On the map before instillation is on the bottom layer by default but the interactive layer it the top one by default.

shiggy
June 27th, 2018, 00:02
Make sure you are on the correct layer. Everything On the map before instillation is on the bottom layer by default but the interactive layer it the top one by default.

Ok I figured it out. But if I change to layer one, will my players see the pins?

Davinci522
June 27th, 2018, 00:03
The players can only interact with the top layer. If you want them to be able to click then pins then you have to move them to that layer.

Mazzar
June 27th, 2018, 21:59
Almost there :).. The CT and Token look good on the DM's screen (the Host computer) but when the token becomes visible, on the client's screen, the CT shows the real name (not "Unidentified Creature"). I connected another computer to the host to test this. So looks good on the host but not the client. It appears to not be updating the client's CT.

This is still an issue after the Tuesday release of 3.3.6

Ken L
June 27th, 2018, 23:34
This is still an issue...

1.262 has a workaround for the NPCID on the tracker. Note that attacks against non-id creatures as well as saves/effects will still show the true name.

This is because my original implementation changed the base name, so everything 'down stream' that used the base name would reflect this. Moon's implementation that I had to integrate in 3.3.6 keeps the name persistent and checks the npcid flag each time it's used. There are however a bunch of locations that reference the name field so each of those locations need an npcid check which it doesn't do currently.

I have a fix that I've been using privately by altering ActorManager, but given that Moon will eventually come up with his own NPCID fix, I'm holding off on it. If It seems that this won't be addressed in 3.3.6, then I'll release it next weekend. If you're relying on the NPCID feature to be perfect, then just turn it off so you can have the base behavior without it as I will not address this until I see how 3.3.6 will.

Mazzar
June 28th, 2018, 01:54
1.262 has a workaround for the NPCID on the tracker. Note that attacks against non-id creatures as well as saves/effects will still show the true name.

This is because my original implementation changed the base name, so everything 'down stream' that used the base name would reflect this. Moon's implementation that I had to integrate in 3.3.6 keeps the name persistent and checks the npcid flag each time it's used. There are however a bunch of locations that reference the name field so each of those locations need an npcid check which it doesn't do currently.

I have a fix that I've been using privately by altering ActorManager, but given that Moon will eventually come up with his own NPCID fix, I'm holding off on it. If It seems that this won't be addressed in 3.3.6, then I'll release it next weekend. If you're relying on the NPCID feature to be perfect, then just turn it off so you can have the base behavior without it as I will not address this until I see how 3.3.6 will.

Your fix does handle the CT and token well. I see what you mean regarding the attacks showing in the chat window though. This is still better than not having the feature at all. Usually my party tries to find out what they are attacking before they attack anyway.

shiggy
June 29th, 2018, 00:31
I like your extension. It's a great addition. Would it be possible to add more drawing options as well? Only one color and size for the pencil is very limiting (especially since the size is only 1px, which is very hard to see) if you want to draw a quick sketch of a map for an improvised encounter. I read that the developers won't improve this feature, so perhaps with your skills you could code something that lets us change the size / color of the pencil?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I just tested something. If I edit my blank map in paint and save it directly into the folder I could technically circumvent the bad drawing tool in FG. The only problem is, that I have to reload the map when I update the image. Could it be possible to add a button or something to reload a map, instead of having to re-drag it from the Image tab?

Ken L
June 29th, 2018, 04:10
Would it be possible to add...

See the main posting regarding feature requests. Also what you're asking for isn't possible as that's a core FG behavior, one can only hack around it so much (ie: map tokens).

shiggy
June 29th, 2018, 10:55
See the main posting regarding feature requests. Also what you're asking for isn't possible as that's a core FG behavior, one can only hack around it so much (ie: map tokens).

I see, thanks for clarifying.

sturtus
June 29th, 2018, 15:04
Add to core 5e!

orderofthenight
July 1st, 2018, 15:55
If you're unfamiliar with github, simply download the extension's zip folder, then move the folder within called "advanced_kombat_5e-master" to your extensions folder.

The needed images for the heath and death + ping indicators are attached to this post.

I put "advanced_kombat_5e-master" in my extensions folder as instructed then had to make the tokens folder in my Fantasy Grounds folder (and the host inside that too, obviously).
When I try to put a PC in the Combat Tracker, I get an error.

Super excited to play with this, but I think I'm just installing it wrong.
Sorry, can you break it down barney the dinosaur style for the simple folks?

Zacchaeus
July 1st, 2018, 16:28
Hi orderoftheknight welcome to FG.

In order to get this extension to work you'll need to switch to the test version of FG. Go into settings from the main screen and check the 'Test' box at the bottom; then do an update of FG. Once that's done you can start a campaign with this extension and it should now work without the errors.

Salva
July 5th, 2018, 08:22
This is great! The encounters come in as invisible. I don't know if you did this or if 3.3.6 resolved this but placing the encounters also comes in as invisible too so now the players won't catch me placing them.

First thank you very much for you work Ken L and this amasing extension.

What I'm missing or not understanding. I've read every single post.
As I understand the problem was that when you activated pre-made encounters of Smite works modules, the tokens entered the map in a visible way but then I read that this was resolved however when I activate one of these encounters two things happen:
The npc enter correctly to the CT but in the first layer of the map and visible to the players. They should not enter the last layer where players should also be placed? and also invisible?
The other thing I've noticed is that when I pull a npc that has spells on the CT the npc spells slots doesn't appear on the CT.
Thank you very much.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fznlxvul9c8cbr/fgak.avi?dl=0

Ken L
July 6th, 2018, 02:46
The npc enter correctly to the CT but in the first layer of the map and visible to the players. They should not enter the last layer where players should also be placed? and also invisible?
The other thing I've noticed is that when I pull a npc that has spells on the CT the npc spells slots doesn't appear on the CT.[/url]

It looks and sounds like you have other extensions loaded as I can't re-produce this, but I have a newer version on my end that integrates the latest 3.3.6 changes I'll release this weekend. They however shouldn't impact this issue in particular.

Test by loading only AK without any other extensions then reproduce the issue.

Salva
July 6th, 2018, 05:03
Test by loading only AK without any other extensions then reproduce the issue.
1 thousands appologies, my fault. Looks like it is an extension that is producing the failure. I though that
I thought that since everything had worked well and only that part was weird I wasn't sure if it was normal behavior or something I was doing wrong.
A thousand apologies and thanks

Ken L
July 6th, 2018, 05:23
Don't worry about it honesty. I may come of as stand-off-ish as it mainly comes from work. I get a number of guys that didn't bother to read my documentation and instead like to bother me at my desk :p . It happens to the best of us.

Salva
July 6th, 2018, 05:53
Don't worry about it honesty. I may come of as stand-off-ish as it mainly comes from work. I get a number of guys that didn't bother to read my documentation and instead like to bother me at my desk :p . It happens to the best of us.

Ya i felt horrible because was something i should figured out myself. Actually i made a lot of tests prior to that to make the other functionalities to work (i use a lot of extensions) and this comes and i thought was another thing.
By the was, the conflicting extension was the "NPC flavors" one.
Well in order to be able to help in something I put the list of extensions that are working correctly: (see the attached images)
And Thank you very much

Ken L
July 9th, 2018, 22:47

Update 1.265: Merge to current 3.3.6
- Fixed NPCID merge (again)

Ken L
July 11th, 2018, 05:03
There was an update to test server that broke status icons, I'm currently looking into it.

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2018, 07:24
Only updates pushed since last week are SW updates, if that helps track down.

JPG

Ken L
July 11th, 2018, 12:04

Update 1.266: Merge to current 3.3.6
- Fixed Some files were not as committed to the 5e repo unlike the PF one. This should update the IDs for 3.3.6. The icon issue was with the PF version.

Myrdin Potter
July 11th, 2018, 19:20
Ken - just wanted to say I am looking forward to the new release to fully try this extension. Thanks for the work and for releasing it.

You have a different philosophy about coding, and every time I see a reaction to you pushing back on something, even if it sounds grumpy, I look at all the software that I use every day because of “grumpy” developers with the same philosophy as yours. So thanks for that as well.

Ken L
July 12th, 2018, 01:33
.. even if it sounds grumpy

To be honest, I'm basically releasing this as-is with no intention to add features above what I have. I have a "Teach a man to fish" philosophy as opposed to a "Keep giving a man fish" one. The grumpiness is more that I don't like answering questions that I've already addressed in the opening for the "TLDR;" folk, but in general I like questions if they're bugs or need clarification.

I was actually quite reluctant to release this as I knew how integrated it was compared to say CGen and my other minor tweak "sticky windows". This would need to be maintained because it's so spider webby in terms of areas it touches which is a support I didn't want to commit to given other things on my docket. When 3.3.6 comes out, I'll likely version lock to it.

darrenan
July 12th, 2018, 03:57
When you say version lock, do you mean no new features after 3.3.6, or no further support at all after 3.3.6?

LordEntrails
July 12th, 2018, 04:19
Meaning it will be set to not work with 3.3.7

xxXEliteXxx
July 12th, 2018, 23:08
New update on the test release. Caused a bunch of errors and crashed FG when loading a Campaign, twice. But then it worked on the third try and was fine?
Not sure if anything broke.

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_options.lua"]: 138: loop in getable"
x6

Edit: It seems that the error happens 3/4 times, but everything for some reason works the other 1/4 of the time...

damned
July 13th, 2018, 00:30
New update on the test release. Caused a bunch of errors and crashed FG when loading a Campaign, twice. But then it worked on the third try and was fine?
Not sure if anything broke.

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_options.lua"]: 138: loop in getable"
x6

Edit: It seems that the error happens 3/4 times, but everything for some reason works the other 1/4 of the time...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44204-Test-Release-v3-3-6/page7

xxXEliteXxx
July 13th, 2018, 01:31
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44204-Test-Release-v3-3-6/page7

Ah, I thought it was the extension's doing. Silly me.

Three of Swords
July 14th, 2018, 19:02
Ken, this is an amazing extension!

I came from Roll20 to FG, and there are some features that I really missed from Roll20. This extension addresses some of them and makes my life easier.

Thank you very much for releasing it.

Gwydion
July 31st, 2018, 20:36
Wow, Ken. I am so impressed with this. I need to play around with it but every time I was about to ask you a question, I went back through your very detailed notes at the beginning of this post and realized I did something wrong. Still getting used to some of the changes but this is really great stuff. Thanks so much for sharing! Already gave you reputation for this or I would give you more!

rob2e
August 1st, 2018, 15:12
This is BRILLIANT! I can't wait to use these functions. The HEIGHT bit, oh man, I almost had a coronary when I saw that. I mean EVERYTHING in here is awesome, but THAT! I'm so excited. Players are going to be all, "What's THIS now?" It's gonna be fantastic. GREAT JOB!

sturtus
August 1st, 2018, 16:13
I repeat! Add to core! Super improvement.

Torgaard
August 1st, 2018, 17:54
Wow, what an incredible extension! So many things I've always wanted. Game changer (erm, figuratively and literally).

Lord Kavos
August 2nd, 2018, 01:55
Ken I agree with everyone on this thread -a great extension.

But looks like the latest update has broken it for my Pathfinder game - combat tracker entries now out of allignment & coming up with errors when you load up the campaign & try to resize the combat tracker window.

I think I saw you said there would likely be issues with updates - are you planning on fixing your extension in the near future to work with 3.3.6?

I have a session of my game running tonight (my time) & looks like I will have to turn off your extension, my only concern is the map layering, pins etc is all set up & if i turn off the extension I will likely have to set these again when I add it back in...

I have attached images of the CT window & error messages in the hope they will assist you.

Again love your extension, hoping I can use it again soon...

Davinci522
August 2nd, 2018, 02:18
Ken I agree with everyone on this thread -a great extension.

But looks like the latest update has broken it for my Pathfinder game - combat tracker entries now out of allignment & coming up with errors when you load up the campaign & try to resize the combat tracker window.

I think I saw you said there would likely be issues with updates - are you planning on fixing your extension in the near future to work with 3.3.6?

I have a session of my game running tonight (my time) & looks like I will have to turn off your extension, my only concern is the map layering, pins etc is all set up & if i turn off the extension I will likely have to set these again when I add it back in...

I have attached images of the CT window & error messages in the hope they will assist you.

Again love your extension, hoping I can use it again soon...

You have the old version. Happened to me. Go back to the link in the first post and download the new 3.3.6 version (redownload from the github link) and it will be fixed. He updated it awhile ago but to use it you had to use the test build of FG now that 3.3.6 is live you just need to update the extension

Lord Kavos
August 2nd, 2018, 02:25
Is that update just the 5e version? Is there a separate version for PF?

Davinci522
August 2nd, 2018, 02:27
I only know of the 5e version.

Lord Kavos
August 2nd, 2018, 02:54
Can someone advise what changes I would have to make to convert it to PF?

If that's ok of course Ken...

Lord Kavos
August 2nd, 2018, 03:34
Dont worry I found the PF version update in GitHub...great work again Ken.

Ken L
August 2nd, 2018, 03:59
Update 1.3: Version lock to 3.3.6
- Added Version lock for 3.3.6, it will throw errors if used for any other version of FG.
- Added Radial icons for "add to tracker" and "remove from tracker" to replace the default ones
- Fixed Tooltip for the toggle layers button won't say 'toggle grid toolbar' anymore.

Notes: With the release of 3.3.6, you no longer need to be on test server to use this extension. Also it's now version locked to 3.3.6 so it'll throw errors for older and newer versions. This doesn't mean that if 3.3.X comes out it's useless as it'll still load the extension, but it's a 'use at your own risk' kind of deal. I may update it in-line with FG pending time and the amount of changes, but keep a backup of 3.3.6 just in-case.

@Lord Kavos, There's a PF specific topic (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44307-Extension-Advanced-Kombat-(Pathfinder)&p=399228#post399228).

Lord Kavos
August 2nd, 2018, 04:54
thanks Ken, I tried looking for a PF specific topic but couldnt find one...

Razkaroth
August 2nd, 2018, 19:02
Hello guys.

It seems like I cannot make use of the pins on the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide maps. I know that they are on the background layer, but because the images are locked I can't change to the background layer. Is there a workaround for this issue? Is there the possibility that adding a Layer up and Layer down buttons to the layers radial menu can solve this problem?

Thanks.

LordEntrails
August 2nd, 2018, 21:29
Hello guys.

It seems like I cannot make use of the pins on the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide maps. I know that they are on the background layer, but because the images are locked I can't change to the background layer. Is there a workaround for this issue? Is there the possibility that adding a Layer up and Layer down buttons to the layers radial menu can solve this problem?

Thanks.
Are you using the map from the DM or Player version? You need to be using the maps from the player version of the various products if you want to mask, move, edit them.

Ken L
August 2nd, 2018, 21:38
I don't own any locked down content save for the monster manual which I rarely use as I have my own importer for 5e. This is one of the areas where 'locked' content is a PITA. If this map is a 'GM' overview map, there may not even be a player view version to show the pins. I'll see what I can do come the weekend, but I dislike even having to account for DRM BS.

Zacchaeus
August 2nd, 2018, 22:04
Are you using the map from the DM or Player version? You need to be using the maps from the player version of the various products if you want to mask, move, edit them.

There are only DM map versions of the Sword Coast maps he is talking about. The SC players module only contains player content such as races and classes etc. None of the maps included in SC are really for use as battlemaps; only for reference purposes. Since SCAG is a reference manual the maps are locked.

Ken L
August 2nd, 2018, 22:43
Update 1.31: The DRM 'compatibility' update
- Added: Read-only ignore for toolbar visibility so layers toggle is accessible as well as other options
- Fixed?: Version check error/workaround for possible case differences across operating systems.

This is a quick fix that makes the toolbar view-able irregardless of the lock/read-only state to access the layers toggle.

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2018, 23:53
This is more of a read-only database state consideration, not a DRM consideration. Any module can be made to have read-only database nodes. By default, the export built into the UI always exports images as not read-only.

Regards,
JPG

KlatuB
August 3rd, 2018, 02:56
I'm experimenting with the CT part of the extension, so far I like what I see. A question I have is how does the GM accept the character movement when the tokens are locked, as you can see by the below screen shot there no longer is an option to Accept Movement.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24163&stc=1&d=1533260848

Three of Swords
August 3rd, 2018, 03:24
I think middle mouse button works by default to allow token movement. (I don't think I ever changed it.)

You can try that. Good luck!

Davinci522
August 3rd, 2018, 03:32
Yeah I just use middle mouse to accept movement. Works fine.

Ken L
August 8th, 2018, 06:06
Update 1.311: Patch for image window read-only for clients
- Fixed: Bug introduced in 1.31 that made toolbar visibility always false for clients.

Kinda surprised this slipped by, it's a connected client side only bug as there's nothing endemic on the host. Clients should now be able to view their targeting bar again.

DMZeff
August 9th, 2018, 17:48
Does anyone know a reliable way to scale the conditions so they aren't huge on module maps? I've been testing some settings and it seems like FG doesn't measure the grid in pixels, but in something else.

300 pixel per inch map with 100 grid looks pretty good: 24275

72 pixel per inch map with 100 grid leaves little room for the token on medium creatures: 24276

Most maps I use are 300 px/in and wont be a problem, but i can't use the 72/in maps like this. Anyone have a solution?

Ken L
August 9th, 2018, 17:59
See the initial posting part 1 regarding adapting the image scale / token scale to a given grid size. I don't believe having your map imported from a module prevents you from doing this. Note that this scales all widget sizes so the title 'widget' for token names will become microscopic as it was intended for 12px conditions and generally.... super small maps. In modernizing the condition icons, some things you just check off as acceptable losses. I personally use tool-tip names.

Frank_Jager
August 10th, 2018, 19:48
Oops mispost

Masashi
August 13th, 2018, 00:19
I apologize for my lack of understanding on this subject, but I did not understand how to install this extension. I accessed the GitHub link from the description, I downloaded the zip file, but from there I do not know what to do, since if you unzip the file there are several other files inside, and simply saving the zip file in the "extensions" folder does not work . Can anyone help me what I need to do now?

damned
August 13th, 2018, 00:27
Hi Masashi

Once you download the zip file extract the folder that is at the root of the zip (advanced_kombat_5e-master)
Copy that folder and all its contents to the \extensions folder on your FG data folder

Close FG and relaunch.
Then when you choose Load Campaign or New Campaign you should have the option to select the extension.
Check back in this thread regularly for updates.

Masashi
August 13th, 2018, 00:32
Thanks Damned! It works now!

AlphaDecay
August 13th, 2018, 04:45
Is there a way to reduce the size of the blue and green boxes around the characters? Another option would be to just color the default "selected" circle thingy that appears under tokens when they are selected. Its just a bit obtrusive for me (but I LOVE everything else so far!).

EDIT: Ok, I see your preliminary bullets and the last one "The most obvious change is that friendly / neutral / hostile overlays, as well as reach "auras" for tokens in the combat tracker have been removed. This is both for my personal preference, as well as combat snap highlighting." seems to apply to what annoys me but I don't understand what overlays and auras are on the tracker. I see the "space and reach" options but they don't seem to affect the green and blue region size.

Ken L
August 13th, 2018, 07:06
Is there a way to reduce the size of the blue and green boxes around the characters..

Sure, but you'll need tweak the code a bit and be comfortable 'customizing' it. I've left a bunch of comments in so if you're willing to experiment then you can easily get what you're trying to achieve.

The auras are added in scripts/manager_token as well as ct/scripts/ct_token.lua

See the workshop forum and the wiki for information. Just make sure you back your personal changes up so that if a new version comes out, you can 'merge in' your custom changes again.

The highlight looks the way it does to make the current and selected token 'stick out' as I used it for large 30+ combatant encounters. The token auras/underlays are in increments of 0.5 units and I wanted something larger than 1.0 units so 1.5 was the best available.

Vass_Dts
August 13th, 2018, 21:33
I was also not partial to glaring greens and blues. Ken, you did a lovely job, but those things are really distracting. :P HOWEVER, they ARE useful, so my solution was to reduce their oppacity to 10%.

AlphaDecay, it's a lot easier than it sounds.

Locate the following files:
ct/scripts: ct_entry.lua and ct_token.lua
scripts: manager_maptoken.lua, manager_token.lua, and snap_token.lua

Seatch for 'AA' on those files (make the filter case sensitive just in case). You should find AA with a hex color code, like AA00FF00 (random example). Simply change the AA to 1A in all of these, and the green and blue underlay highlights will be reduced to 10% visibility.

mlesnews
August 13th, 2018, 21:39
Amazing work Ken L (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?37261-Ken-L)! I've tested and so far, so good have had no issues using the following extensions. YMMV as always. -

https://i.imgur.com/m7iLoQ6.png

Three of Swords
August 14th, 2018, 00:00
Amazing work Ken L (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?37261-Ken-L)! I've tested and so far, so good have had no issues using the following extensions. YMMV as always. -

Thanks for your list of working extensions! That's very useful info.

Drogo210
August 14th, 2018, 19:25
Hi everyone,
First of all, great job. It should be implemented in FG by default.

I have noticed that when a PG drop to 0, it goes to background layer, did you set it like that, or it is a bug?

Thanks

Ken L
August 16th, 2018, 11:52
did you set it like that, or it is a bug?

See section 5 on the main posting. It's intentional.

Drogo210
August 16th, 2018, 17:31
See section 5 on the main posting. It's intentional.

Thanks, and sorry for the question. I missed that explanation completely.

Drogo210
August 18th, 2018, 07:29
Hi, I tried the height widget but it doesn't work...what I am doing wrong?
1) Token are not locked
2) I select my token during my turn
3) I hold shift and I roll the mouse wheel

Ken L
August 18th, 2018, 14:57
Disable all other extensions except for AK and try to reproduce the issue.

Eskazen
August 18th, 2018, 20:03
Was it intended that tokens from pre gen encounters load on bottom layer? (playing SKT now) and for some reason I cannot make npc invisible on ct and visible token on map, only option is that both ct and token are visible or not.

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2018, 21:05
Was it intended that tokens from pre gen encounters load on bottom layer? (playing SKT now) and for some reason I cannot make npc invisible on ct and visible token on map, only option is that both ct and token are visible or not.

I don't understand your question. If a token is visible on the CT then it is visible on the map. It can't be invisible on the map and visible on the CT.

Eskazen
August 18th, 2018, 21:16
Before 3.3.6 and using this ext I was able to add encounter to CT make it invisible for players but tokens on map was still visible for them. Now I’m unable to split that.
Due to that when I load pre made encounters players see initiative of npc straight away. Not to mention that all tokens are loaded on bottom layer.

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2018, 21:30
Before 3.3.6 and using this mode I was able to add encounter to CT make it invisible for players but tokens on map was still visible for them. Now I’m unable to split that. Even more due to that when I load pre made encounters players see initiative of npc straigh away.

If you are using preplaced encounters such as those form SKT then when you place the encounter all NPCs are placed on the CT and on the map in an invisible state. So whilst you can see the tokens on the CT and the map the players don't. You, as DM, can them make all or some of those visible by clicking the visibility icon next to the NPCs name on the CT or by clicking the visibility icon at the top left of the CT. This makes the token visible to the players on the map and the NPC appears on the CT for the players. There was never a circumstance before or after the update where you could have a token visible on the CT and not visible on the map or vice versa.

If the initiative of the NPCs shows whenever they are placed on the CT that will be because you have the option set to do that. Go into options and find under Combat (GM) ADD: Auto NPC Initiative and switch that to off

Eskazen
August 18th, 2018, 21:39
Oh I wonder when I turned on auto init :D still my main issue is not visibility of tokens and initiative but layer on witch those encounters are loaded. Right now my players are on Grand Dame and there’s a loot of npc.
Because of that difference in layers they can’t target tokens on map only long list of npc on CT is available for them. I was just wondering is that intended.

Zacch thanks for fast answers :) and Ken L keep up the good work this extension is awesome :D

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2018, 22:41
Ok, so I just tested this on that very encounter. When I click the add encounter button all of the tokens are placed on the bottom layer of the map and they start off invisible both on the CT and on the map. I can then make all or some of them visible to the PCs. The important thing is that all of this takes place on the bottom layer so you must have that selected in order for anything to work. It looks like the author has changed the way you target NPC on the players side. I can't get CTRL-Click on a token to work but CTRL-click on the NPC name on the CT does work.

Ken L
August 19th, 2018, 00:20
I'm not sure what's being asked here?

I don't own any 'pre made' adventures, but last I recall as part of the layers integration there was rider logic added by trenloe atop zeus' that had backwards compatibility on encounter add. It would place encounters meant for the bottom layer and move them to the 'play' layer. I'll check to see if something changed in 3.3.6.

Ken L
August 19th, 2018, 00:41
Adding encounters whose tokens were placed on the 'image' or background layer will add to the play layer as expected; so the backwards compatibility still works. Lua-wise it's all in order.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WhiteGrimyIberianemeraldlizard.webm

As for the tokens being visible/invisible on ct or map, they should always match. If they're visible on the CT, they're visible on the map and vice-versa. Mask sensitivity for tokens is no longer available as there's no 'mask' on the play layer since there isn't a backing image. See section 9 for more information.

Drogo210
August 20th, 2018, 18:20
Disable all other extensions except for AK and try to reproduce the issue.

Yep, I always test one extension at time and as issued. Same issue I cannot use the height widget. I do not know if it is linked but I do not see any number on the right corner of the token in the combat tracker (In your picture i see 2.4 for example, I do not even know what does it mean actually).

P.S. Can I add Current HP to your extension and distribute it?

Ken L
August 20th, 2018, 18:37
...Same issue I cannot use the height widget. ?

Can you get a video of this issue occuring? You need to have your mouse over the token, then shift+mouse wheel, make sure it shows the AK extension version as well as the issue you have.

P.S. Can I add Current HP to your extension and distribute it?

If the combined extension is licensed GPL v3 then go ahead. You will need to ask the other extension author if he wants to do this.

pablomaz
August 21st, 2018, 04:27
So... Everything works, except the icon effects. For some reason, regardless of the effect button I drag and drop (or use the effects wheel), the only icon shown is this one: 24396
What am I doing wrong, guys?

In time: great extension! Thank you so much!

Ken L
August 21st, 2018, 09:38
That image doesn't tell me anything?

If you're referring to one large icon. see part 1 regarding fixing the scale. Note that this must be done per map as grids will change per map. You can prepare this ahead of time by putting something on the combat tracker and placing it on the map, then adding some effects to scale/size appropriately. The map will save this scale value.

pablomaz
August 21st, 2018, 10:38
No, Ken L, size isn't an issue. Maybe I should explain it better.

Let's say I drag and drop the effect "Poisoned" on a token. The icon I attached before is the one that appears on the left corner of the token, instead of the appropriate one (ie, the "Poisoned" token). If I apply any other effect on that same token, this icon remains there, until I remove every effect I applied before.

Ken L
August 21st, 2018, 12:29
I cannot replicate this issue on 1.311. Unload all other extensions and attempt to duplicate the issue.

lester.steven
August 25th, 2018, 15:25
I hadn't had any problems until I attempted opening a few maps. There doesn't seem to be anything that distinguishes which map trigger this issue, and which ones don't, but my guess is it's related to the Map Tokens. Here's the error it feeds when I open certain maps.

Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - D3DPOOL_MANAGED
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)

damned
August 25th, 2018, 15:26
Welcome. What is your FG RAM usage lester.steven?

lester.steven
August 25th, 2018, 15:30
Looks like 3585MB when I pull it up...which seems like a lot come to think of it.

damned
August 25th, 2018, 15:32
Looks like 3585MB when I pull it up...which seems like a lot come to think of it.

That is your issue.
Too many tokens and too many books opened.
Possibly to many big pictures shared too...
need to get it below 3GB

Ken L
August 25th, 2018, 16:23
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image)

Is present due to FG's hard cap on recursive events, even if it only recurses 1 depth level (no further). It's a needed setting making sure all 3 layers have their grids synchronized; else when you zoomed the grids would have a 'herky-jerky' movement. Note that each layer has a 'grid' hence why with AK or base Enhanced Layers, the grid looks 'thicker'.

The D3D pool error looks like a memory error caused by FG. AK shouldn't add much if any overhead, if you disable AK you may get the same error again, try typing /console in chat and checking your warnings.

That's unless you have an ungodly number of high quality tokens on a map, which would also cause a memory error, but the same could be said simply by putting a ton of these kind of tokens on any map as Map tokens forces the load of the token graphics the moment the map is open.

lester.steven
August 25th, 2018, 17:01
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image)

Is present due to FG's hard cap on recursive events, even if it only recurses 1 depth level (no further). It's a needed setting making sure all 3 layers have their grids synchronized; else when you zoomed the grids would have a 'herky-jerky' movement. Note that each layer has a 'grid' hence why with AK or base Enhanced Layers, the grid looks 'thicker'.

The D3D pool error looks like a memory error caused by FG. AK shouldn't add much if any overhead, if you disable AK you may get the same error again, try typing /console in chat and checking your warnings.

That's unless you have an ungodly number of high quality tokens on a map, which would also cause a memory error, but the same could be said simply by putting a ton of these kind of tokens on any map as Map tokens forces the load of the token graphics the moment the map is open.

I'm not sure I understand. I closed some books and stopped sharing some older maps, and this seems to have helped, but is there something else I should be doing with this? At one point, the map tokens were changing place when I zoomed in and out on the maps that seem to have triggered this error - I assume this is connected to what you're talking about. Sorry for my confusion with this!

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2018, 18:12
Once you have cleared up your campaign (removing tokens, un-sharing maps and un-needed modules) have your players nuke their cache before they rejoin your game.

Ken L
August 25th, 2018, 19:18
At one point, the map tokens were changing place when I zoomed in and out on the maps that seem to have triggered this error

That's a confirmed bug, but it's more to do with FG inconsistency as to how it handles some calls but not others. I've debated removing the recursive call for my static one as that would alleviate it all together as it wouldn't rely on FG at least performing the first recursive callback (which is needed for syncing all the grids).

Problem with the static/linear logic is that there's a strange unexplained 'jerkiness' that occurs at close resolutions due to an internal 'round up' or truncation of the zoom values I suspect happens when lua passes data back to the client.

I don't know how to solve your FG memory issues unfortunately, that's FG's department.

For the map tokens moving around when zooming, you can 'soft-reset' it microsoft style by closing the map, un-sharing it, then re-sharing it, and opening it again.

Ken L
August 25th, 2018, 23:18
For those curious enough and don't mind getting their hands dirty, you can implement the non-recursive version of the zoom function with the following logic in campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua:

function syncToImageViewpoint()
--Debug.console("syncToImageViewpoint");
if acquireSyncLock() then
-- Determine base image viewpoint
local x, y, zoom = image.getViewpoint();
if x and y and zoom then
--Debug.console('Zooming to image: ' .. x .. ':' .. y .. ':' .. zoom);
-- set play and feature images (top and middle layers) to identical viewpoint
features_image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
play_image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
--image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
end
releaseSyncLock();
end
end

function syncToFeaturesImageViewpoint()
--Debug.console("syncToFeaturesImageViewpoint");
-- Determine features_image viewpoint
local x, y, zoom = features_image.getViewpoint();
if x and y and zoom then
--Debug.console('Zooming to features: ' .. x .. ':' .. y .. ':' .. zoom);
-- set play and base image (top and bottom layers) to identical viewpoint
image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
play_image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
--features_image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
end
releaseSyncLock();
end
end

function syncToPlayImageViewpoint()
--Debug.console("syncToPlayImageViewpoint");
-- Determine play_image viewpoint
local x, y, zoom = play_image.getViewpoint();
if x and y and zoom then
--Debug.console('Zooming to play: ' .. x .. ':' .. y .. ':' .. zoom);
-- set features and base image (middle and bottom layers) to identical viewpoint
features_image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
--play_image.setViewpoint(x, y, zoom);
end
releaseSyncLock();
end
end

Replace the following functions with their counterparts in the file, it should literally just be commenting out the last 'sync' for each layer where it literally syncs to itself (or rather the rounded/truncated value). This will remove all those pesky 'onZoom' warnings but you'll notice the behavior I've noted above. It may or may not solve the rare bug with tokens going all over the place with zoom when FG starts behaving erratically; use at your own risk.

Bonger
August 26th, 2018, 18:37
Hey Ken! I'm back, I realized that my previous posts had been in the Pathfinder version of this thread which confused me to no end when I came back looking for them, lol.

So I'm running v1.311 [5e] (GPL v3)

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled FG (After backing up my campaign, which I ALMOST forgot to do)

Running the LIVE version of FG v3.3.6

Map ping still does not work with a Shift+Left Click

All other functionality seems to work. Tokens are included in the host folder, running combat does show injury and death with dead tokens being sent to the background layer, the ping symbol is located in that file and I'm able to drop it manually on any image.

I've tried with a fresh download of AK and making sure it was even the only extension installed.

Everything else in the extension seems to work instead of the map ping. I'm a little baffled.

Anything else you want me to try?

Zacchaeus
August 26th, 2018, 18:53
Make sure that your images are in the host/items folder and not in just the host folder itself or in a tokens/items/items folder.

Ken L
August 26th, 2018, 18:55
Map ping still does not work with a Shift+Left Click

Maybe I should note this, but the 'ping' only centers other clients, it does not shift the host's viewport; I thought the animation was self explanatory. If you open another FG client and ping, does the other client sync to the ping location?

Bonger
August 26th, 2018, 19:08
If I attempt to ping, it doesn't show up on my screen OR any other clients.

Only way I can get that image to even show up on the image is by dragging from the "token bag"

The blood splatter and ping_target tokens from the items.zip are all in a folder called "fantasygrounds/tokens/host"

If I'm reading the above they should be located in a folder called "fantasygrounds/tokens/host/items"?

Bonger
August 26th, 2018, 19:10
Welp, the addition of an "items' folder fixed it, I can't believe I didn't notice that. Just had thought all i needed to do was to dump everything in the host folder.

I didn't think anything of it since all my players were able to see the blood splatter icons as enemies took damage.

kerrigaj
September 21st, 2018, 14:08
This is a truly great improvement over the default set up - thank you. I am running FG 3.3.6A and ran into an issue.

Situation
1. I switched off all extensions except 5e Advanced Kombat in a test campaign and set up a simple combat encounter on a generic map ("Map-9")from the DMG. Functionality worked great on everything I tested.
2. I exited FG to the start menu and reloaded the campaign.
3. I reloaded the test map and the character and enemy tokens were no longer visible.
4. The combat tracker character icon reported that they were Placed on "Map-9".

Has anyone else experienced this situation? Anyone have a solution?

As an aside, my FG instance no longer has the 'Clear Cache' button at start-up. Would have tried if I did. Is this a very recent change?

Thanks.

Kerrigaj

Ken L
September 21st, 2018, 20:45
Thanks for the information, I'll have a go at it this weekend to see what the update broke.

arcanjl
September 23rd, 2018, 04:52
All of these should be implemented in 4.0. This is amazing!

Ken L
September 23rd, 2018, 15:21
Situation
1. I switched off all extensions except 5e Advanced Kombat in a test campaign and set up a simple combat encounter on a generic map ("Map-9")from the DMG. Functionality worked great on everything I tested.
2. I exited FG to the start menu and reloaded the campaign.
3. I reloaded the test map and the character and enemy tokens were no longer visible.
4. The combat tracker character icon reported that they were Placed on "Map-9".

I can't seem to replicate this. What version of AK are you running?

I actually think it's because you're using a module map? Locked content is always tricky to work with. Try adding a custom map and repeating this.

Mazzar
September 25th, 2018, 21:29
Is there a way to reduce the size of the blue and green boxes around the characters? Another option would be to just color the default "selected" circle thingy that appears under tokens when they are selected. Its just a bit obtrusive for me (but I LOVE everything else so far!).

EDIT: Ok, I see your preliminary bullets and the last one "The most obvious change is that friendly / neutral / hostile overlays, as well as reach "auras" for tokens in the combat tracker have been removed. This is both for my personal preference, as well as combat snap highlighting." seems to apply to what annoys me but I don't understand what overlays and auras are on the tracker. I see the "space and reach" options but they don't seem to affect the green and blue region size.

Yes there is. In the combat tracker for the PC, go to the Space and Reach button. You can change the Size and Reach of the token. This will alter the aura as well.

Zetesofos
September 26th, 2018, 04:28
Wow! I've been playing with FG for almost 2 years, how I missed this extension for so long....*bangs head on wall*

Kudos! to Ken for designing this, really great.

That said, I'm giving it a trial run right now, and I'm noticing a little thing. (Preface, downloaded latest version as of 9/25/2018), and just copied unzipped folder into extensions:

Now, the problem:

While uninjured, I can hover over the tooltip of an effect icon, and see the tooltip of it (as well as a breakdown of effects). HOWEVER, if that character becomes injured, and a blood splatter is applied, I can no longer see that tooltip.

Is this a bug, and/or do the layers need to be adjusted to have effects ABOVE the splatter?

Ken L
September 26th, 2018, 05:31
While uninjured, I can hover over the tooltip of an effect icon, and see the tooltip of it (as well as a breakdown of effects). HOWEVER, if that character becomes injured, and a blood splatter is applied, I can no longer see that tooltip.

Is this a bug, and/or do the layers need to be adjusted to have effects ABOVE the splatter?

It's more a system limitation unless a dev wants to correct me here.

I'm not entirely sure how widget stacking works, and anytime there is stacking it gets inconsistent in terms of its bounding box which is separate from how it renders. I render the effect icons after I render the damage overlay so the effect icons should always be on top. This isn't the case for the save/fail overlays but I consider those 'temporary' graphics.

In terms of the bounding areas for when the mouse is over a particular widget, that's entirely in fantasy ground's hands, and how it handles its Z-order for widgets.

Hope that answers your Q.

Zetesofos
September 26th, 2018, 11:59
It's more a system limitation unless a dev wants to correct me here.

I'm not entirely sure how widget stacking works, and anytime there is stacking it gets inconsistent in terms of its bounding box which is separate from how it renders. I render the effect icons after I render the damage overlay so the effect icons should always be on top. This isn't the case for the save/fail overlays but I consider those 'temporary' graphics.

In terms of the bounding areas for when the mouse is over a particular widget, that's entirely in fantasy ground's hands, and how it handles its Z-order for widgets.

Hope that answers your Q.

It does, though not the ideal situation. Im curious (and will have to test) if i can stop using the death / dying overlays or delete the stock images to make effects work? If not, not a huge deal

kerrigaj
September 26th, 2018, 12:35
I can't seem to replicate this. What version of AK are you running?

I actually think it's because you're using a module map? Locked content is always tricky to work with. Try adding a custom map and repeating this.

Hi Ken L

Thanks for the follow up - that was the issue. I tried it on a couple of generic terrain maps and everything is working well. Thanks for such a fantastic mod and for your community support.

John

Ken L
September 26th, 2018, 15:22
Im curious (and will have to test) if i can stop using the death / dying overlays or delete the stock images to make effects work? If not, not a huge deal

It will still look for the file by name IIRC and will throw warnings or errors (I think the latter) if the file is outright deleted from the graphics/token/ folder. If you replace it with a transparent image, it technically still is 'there' so you'll get the related tool tip.

If you really want to remove the health-blood overlays, you'll have to edit the scripts/manager_token2.lua and find references to the health overlays and simply comment out regions that add the widget. It should all be in one function, but don't comment out the whole function as a bunch of other stuff happens there.

This is a bit of a "you're on your own" territory but I'm willing to say "It's dangerous to go alone, take this" as there's a bunch of comments to help you navigate that logic.

Yogel
September 27th, 2018, 21:20
I was also not partial to glaring greens and blues. Ken, you did a lovely job, but those things are really distracting. :P HOWEVER, they ARE useful, so my solution was to reduce their oppacity to 10%.

AlphaDecay, it's a lot easier than it sounds.

Locate the following files:
ct/scripts: ct_entry.lua and ct_token.lua
scripts: manager_maptoken.lua, manager_token.lua, and snap_token.lua

Seatch for 'AA' on those files (make the filter case sensitive just in case). You should find AA with a hex color code, like AA00FF00 (random example). Simply change the AA to 1A in all of these, and the green and blue underlay highlights will be reduced to 10% visibility.

Oh man you're a life saver.

Ken L, this extension is amazing!

gogots
September 28th, 2018, 15:18
It's a very nice extension! Well done!
I am reluctant to use it because there are a lot of things that are not useful to me and can become embarrassing for me in game (the green and blue squares are prohibitive for me). If there were the possibility to activate only certain options, it would be fantastic.

Ken L
September 29th, 2018, 00:39
To be honest, It's brought up often enough that I've thought about adding a hook into the options manager, but I'm waiting on Unity to see if there's a better control for these UI elements.

The highlight is the way it is because the 'selected highlight' ie: the white circle, that FG has by default is pretty useless and difficult to see. For large combats, I needed it to stick out, and I used Token Underlays to achieve this goal. They can only be square, and their increments are in 0.5 grid units. I've noted earlier that the highlight is 1.5 units so it's always .5 bigger than the space the token occupies (as dictated in the space field).

You can change this setting, and a few here already have.

HeavyDeception
October 1st, 2018, 02:27
So trying to use the Maps that a game set gave me, It has these pins that you click and it opens some of the story. They don't work now.

LordEntrails
October 1st, 2018, 02:32
So trying to use the Maps that a game set gave me, It has these pins that you click and it opens some of the story. They don't work now.
Do they work when you turn off this and all other extensions? Do they work with only this and the DOE base extension working? Does the console give any errors?

Ken L
October 1st, 2018, 03:08
AK used the Enhanced Layers extension by Zeus and maintained by Trenloe. It adds 2 additional layers above the base 'image' layer. By default, AK puts you at the top layer, however modules were built without this 'layers' gimmick so all their pin content is on the bottom 'original' layer. Switch to the bottom layer and you should be able to access them again.

HeavyDeception
October 1st, 2018, 05:00
So Yes they work when you turn off the extension. No there is not error. They just stay on the map but you cant click on them also when it's off you can hover over them and they give you info but if you do it with it on there is no info. its for the horde of the dragon queen. also if you had a map that had pointers on it when it was off if you then turn it on they stay on the map and you can't delete them.

HeavyDeception
October 1st, 2018, 05:00
Do they work when you turn off this and all other extensions? Do they work with only this and the DOE base extension working? Does the console give any errors?

So Yes they work when you turn off the extension. No there is not error. They just stay on the map but you cant click on them also when it's off you can hover over them and they give you info but if you do it with it on there is no info. its for the horde of the dragon queen. also if you had a map that had pointers on it when it was off if you then turn it on they stay on the map and you can't delete them.

HeavyDeception
October 1st, 2018, 05:02
AK used the Enhanced Layers extension by Zeus and maintained by Trenloe. It adds 2 additional layers above the base 'image' layer. By default, AK puts you at the top layer, however modules were built without this 'layers' gimmick so all their pin content is on the bottom 'original' layer. Switch to the bottom layer and you should be able to access them again.

Thanks for the update. Really helps.

arcanjl
October 8th, 2018, 17:44
I used your extension in a non- test environment last night. It was freaking amazing. I had only a few issues: only about 2/3 of my maps would open. The other third would throw a bunch of errors and then open an empty map. Any thoughts on that? After disabling the extension the maps open with no problem. ( I tried after the game session )

Jankin
October 9th, 2018, 00:05
I used your extension in a non- test environment last night. It was freaking amazing. I had only a few issues: only about 2/3 of my maps would open. The other third would throw a bunch of errors and then open an empty map. Any thoughts on that? After disabling the extension the maps open with no problem. ( I tried after the game session )

Some heavy edited maps need to be reset and then reopened, only encounted this once, then you can rebuild the map with encounters/tokens.

arcanjl
October 9th, 2018, 01:10
I must be expiring something different then. They are brand new maps from modules that I’ve purchased. Not edited. Unless I misunderstand.

The High Druid
October 9th, 2018, 01:39
The extension doesn't seem to play well with maps from the official 5e adventures.

Jankin
October 9th, 2018, 05:05
The extension doesn't seem to play well with maps from the official 5e adventures.

Change to the lower layer, that will allow you to mess with pins.

Gallo Infligo
October 9th, 2018, 06:46
i cant seem to find this zip file to download it.....

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2018, 10:41
i cant seem to find this zip file to download it.....

Hi Gallo, welcome to FG. The link to download is at the bottom of post #4 above

Gallo Infligo
October 9th, 2018, 17:49
Hi Gallo, welcome to FG. The link to download is at the bottom of post #4 above

yes i found that and followed the link, it said to grab the zip file.... I'm not finding a zip file

mattekure
October 9th, 2018, 18:06
yes i found that and followed the link, it said to grab the zip file.... I'm not finding a zip file

When you follow the link, it takes you to the github. There is a green button that says "Clone or download". Click that and select download zip.

The High Druid
October 10th, 2018, 12:27
Change to the lower layer, that will allow you to mess with pins.

Pins are not the issue. Maps that refuse to open, client crashes, and very weird zooming and mask issues are common with maps from official modules. There were posts about this a couple of pages back.

Gallo Infligo
October 10th, 2018, 22:33
When you follow the link, it takes you to the github. There is a green button that says "Clone or download". Click that and select download zip.

Thank you i will check that out when i get home :)

Ken L
October 14th, 2018, 04:29
For those curious, I won't be adding or fixing any minor bugs for AK as AK 2.0 is in the works. Major ones I'll address but I believe they're stamped out.

AK 2.0 is a few months out as I'm doing it in fractions of my spare time along with my other interests, but here's a minor spoiler.

https://giant.gfycat.com/EverlastingImaginaryHyena.webm

I normally don't share private stuff, but I really need panel datasources and subwindow custom datasources for it to work properly. Currently my hacking around this is delaying progress. If I get panel datasources and subwindow datasources, I can get AK 2.0 within the year probably, else it'll be a long wait for unity.

damned
October 14th, 2018, 08:56
That looks very cool.

Trenloe
October 14th, 2018, 09:00
That looks very cool.
Yes it does!

ryukra
October 14th, 2018, 12:06
Hell yeah.. that looks freaking awesome!

Three of Swords
October 14th, 2018, 22:59
That looks pretty amazing, Ken. I assume it incorporates all of the features from AK 1 as well?

Ken L
October 15th, 2018, 04:36
I assume it incorporates all of the features from AK 1 as well?

Most, the biggest change will be the integrated background map as well as CT and combat-snapping changes. The green and blue underlays are replaced with widgets that form a target-like reticle around the tokens.

Ken L
October 24th, 2018, 15:49
I've updated the main posting with regards to the now confirmed non-support of maps/images that come from modules. I ran out of space on the first posting so I placed this warning in trouble shooting.

Pings / maptokens / effect applications through mini and large effect windows will fail. I know where the issues is, but the fix would slow down processing to unacceptable values dependent on how many 'modules' are loaded in the campaign.

In that sense AK is geared for home-brew content. Beastiary modules however will work, but any module maps will have issues.

Myrdin Potter
October 24th, 2018, 16:12
Out of curiosity, what is different about a map from a module that causes the failure (top level)?

I routinely make a “module” of an adventure for my campaign and then import it into my campaign and play it. When we are done, I unload that module. It can be “home brew”, but that is the suggested way to use the program so I do that.

Does the extension only work if the images are native in the folder where the campaign is?

ryukra
October 25th, 2018, 12:02
I don't like to use maps in modules anyways.. There are no thumbnails and it works better for me to just pick a map from a folder and drag it into FG.
What did you do to draw the image in the background? Why not just fake it with the actual map window and put it in the back+immoveable?

Ken L
October 25th, 2018, 14:18
Out of curiosity, what is different about a map from a module that causes the failure (top level)?

It's just that for the effect application, since the big effect window works globally, the logic currently attempts to get 'all selected tokens' on 'all open' image windows.

Except.. There is no get all open image windows function in FG, you need to literally try to find an image window with all data nodes. So if you have the monster manual open, it'll try find imagewindows that use each image in the datanode repository.

This is if it looked through reference.images, currently it only looks at images so yes, pretty much only things in the campaigns image data folder.

A full fix would be to track open windows, and if it's an image window, put it a store of some kind so this dataset can then be referenced rather than iterating through the entire library of images. Currently I don't have time for that, and if when I do get around to that, It'll be integrated into AK2.0.

What did you do to draw the image in the background? Why not just fake it with the actual map window and put it in the back+immoveable?

You can't lock windows in FG, many of the things AK does as well as AK2.0 in my little sample, work through hacking at FG's restricted feature set to produce novel non-kosher behavior. It's still in early alpha and I already have a few testers combing through it (sorry, not taking anymore). Generally if my functionality asks get added to FG, I'll release it sooner rather than later, else I'll release it for "FG Classic" when unity rolls out.

ryukra
October 25th, 2018, 16:01
So the only way is to use panels and that makes everything so difficult, right. :(
Is "<nodrag />" anything to think about? EDIT: Ah.. only to disable drag and drop sources.
What is with resetting the window position and scale after OnMove()? o.o

Halfront
October 29th, 2018, 05:33
Just for my personal preference I edited a few icons in the :
\Fantasy Grounds\data\extensions\advanced_kombat_5e-master\graphics\token
folder to adjust the size that appears when they overlay onto a token. I really like the Fail/Save icons but felt they covered too much of the token. I used GIMP and used Image/Scale Image to change the icons from 350px to 150px. For the overlay_dying icons I adjusted them from 500px to 250px.

Ken you rock!

arcanjl
October 29th, 2018, 13:44
Since I’ve started using your extension both of my players and I have grown addicted to it. It is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating that I cannot use my module maps, I have to look for maps on the fly to use. So my question to you is can we take the module maps and make a copy of them? In other words, is there a workaround that I can do in preparation for the game? How about an option that turns on that ability even though it slows it down.?

AlphaDecay
October 29th, 2018, 21:46
Maybe use the Windows snipping tool to take a screenshot of the map and then use that copy for the player map?

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2018, 22:44
Since I’ve started using your extension both of my players and I have grown addicted to it. It is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating that I cannot use my module maps, I have to look for maps on the fly to use. So my question to you is can we take the module maps and make a copy of them? In other words, is there a workaround that I can do in preparation for the game? How about an option that turns on that ability even though it slows it down.?

You can't copy images from a module.

Slalom
November 2nd, 2018, 08:35
Exelent work. Thank you very much. You made my life as DM easier. :)

Tabarkus
November 3rd, 2018, 20:51

My work around solution for module map use. I've only just figured this out and so have only done it once in a game but it worked then. I setup an encounter in Fantasy Grounds and place the tokens on the module map as usual. Then as each encounter occurs I load it into the combat tracker. Then I go to the module map and select all the tokens as a group and use the "remove selected from tracker" function. The tokens now work with the Advanced Kombat extension as they should. If you do this before your players join you will get script errors for the image. I have received script errors on placement but these haven't seemed to cause further problems. This also gives me easy access to the encounter XP award which using AK by itself doesn't give me. Hope this is helpful to some.

Booker Grimm
November 7th, 2018, 12:36
Could someone please give me a quick tutorial on how to adjust the sizes of the 'saves' icons and 'stabalise' icons?
I've tried adjusting the pixel size with PAINT, but it doesn't seem to have any effect and the icon completely covers the PC player character icons and NPCS.

Thanks in advance.

Booker.

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2018, 16:14
Could someone please give me a quick tutorial on how to adjust the sizes of the 'saves' icons and 'stabalise' icons?
I've tried adjusting the pixel size with PAINT, but it doesn't seem to have any effect and the icon completely covers the PC player character icons and NPCS.

I can't give you a tutorial, and I doubt it can be done quickly. Ken or someone will be along to give you more info on that part.

But, these ime these types of issues are usually due to map resolution. Are you using 50 pixels per square on your maps? And what resolution are your tokens? I've found that if I use maps of like 5 or 10 pixels per square, then the icons you talk about are really big, because they are so many pixels and don't scale with the map and token resolutions.

Three of Swords
November 7th, 2018, 16:33
Quick rundown on adjusting effect icons:

1. Unlock token scale.
2. Increase the size of a medium token until the icon scale fits what you want.
3. Zoom in on the map until the map grid is the correct size relative to your token.
4. Lock token scale.

Good luck!

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2018, 16:52
Quick rundown on adjusting effect icons:

1. Unlock token scale.
2. Increase the size of a medium token until the icon scale fits what you want.
3. Zoom in on the map until the map grid is the correct size relative to your token.
4. Lock token scale.

Good luck!
Ooh, I never knew this! Thanks :)

Halfront
November 7th, 2018, 17:32

Thanks in advance.

Booker.

Booker,
I'll try to do something and show how I adjusted the icons. It worked for me so maybe your not processing a step correctly... I've never made a tube video so you might get screenshots ha ha.

Booker Grimm
November 7th, 2018, 19:20
Thanks, my players and I will appreciate it.

Halfront
November 7th, 2018, 21:11
Booker,

Hopefully this make it simple for you :)

I've never done a guide so if you have any questions feel free to PM!

(hopefully the link works too ha ha)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oh5r0ouVnH0qkrnua_ONjN77YD27Shyz/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: - I think I fixed the "share" problem...didn't have it set to public :)

Admins: If I should have shared this a different way please let me know.

Booker Grimm
November 8th, 2018, 08:38
Hi Halfront.

Thank you for this but the drive at google.com keeps asking me for permission. It says it has sent and email, but I still can't access it.

Booker Grimm
November 9th, 2018, 09:01
Booker,

Hopefully this make it simple for you :)

I've never done a guide so if you have any questions feel free to PM!

(hopefully the link works too ha ha)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oh5r0ouVnH0qkrnua_ONjN77YD27Shyz/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: - I think I fixed the "share" problem...didn't have it set to public :)

Admins: If I should have shared this a different way please let me know.

Thanks again. Worked a treat.

Halfront
November 9th, 2018, 17:55
Great! I had trial and error a few times before I got that to work, but hey tinkering is fun.

Three of Swords
November 14th, 2018, 05:26
Hey, Ken.

Just an FYI - Your private message Inbox is full. I tried to respond to your most recent message and was unable to. Since it's about this extension, and it won't let me PM you, I selected this method of letting you know. :)

DGM
December 16th, 2018, 14:25
Is there a method to hide the failed death saves from the combat tracker?

Rino
December 19th, 2018, 09:44
anyone tested this with 3.3.7 ?
It says in start here that it only works with 3.3.6, and I'm scared to update (as I don't want to lose this extension - it's too good & important)

pablomaz
December 19th, 2018, 10:39
It worked for me yesterday.

BTW, does anyone tried using it with the new Extension from Bobby jo and Rob (Critically Awesome Essentials)?!

Three of Swords
December 19th, 2018, 14:45
I used Advanced Kombat for my sessions last night. It seemed to work despite the warning. (Though there are a couple of features I didn't use.)

I just d/l Critically Awesome Essentials and the two extensions don't seem to work together. So I'll use AK. Much more important. :)

Ken L
December 19th, 2018, 17:51
Is there a method to hide the failed death saves from the combat tracker?

That's part of the 5e ruleset in terms of statuses. You'd have to make an extension that changes the statuses the 5e ruleset cycles through.

Regarding the 3.3.7 update. that error is a safeguard to remind user that it was built for 3.3.6 and may/maynot work with 3.3.7.

AK 2.0 has entered questionable doubt territory in terms of it being released due to a license change in respect to the rulesets AK is based on.

More information here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44941-Diffs-for-New-versions-of-CoreRPG-5E/page3

daggerfortysix
December 19th, 2018, 18:17
AK 2.0 has entered questionable doubt territory in terms of it being released due to a license change in respect to the rulesets AK is based on.[/url]

This is a bummer to hear. AK is a fantastic (almost mandatory) addition to Fantasy Grounds.

Grenz
December 20th, 2018, 04:18
anyone tested this with 3.3.7 ?
It says in start here that it only works with 3.3.6, and I'm scared to update (as I don't want to lose this extension - it's too good & important)

I have just tested it and nearly everything seems to work, except for 1 fatal flaw that only affects my players. When they zoom in and out of the map, the tokens are not locked and they fly off the map. The same thing does not happen to me as the DM.

Also, I can't Clear Saves. The green and red colored checkmark and X can't be removed without deleting the tokens.

Is anyone else running into these same problems?

JLBatman
December 20th, 2018, 06:09
I also have the sweet druid handling extension and didn't realize this was what was destroying Kombat extension. I'm going to have to stop using it so I can get advanced Kombat back. FG isn't worth going back to vanilla without that extension!

StoryWeaver
December 20th, 2018, 11:19
AK is a crucial expansion for 5e, as it brings so many enhancements to combat.
I've noticed a bug when running it in 3.3.7, regarding being able to set up images as battlemap backgrounds.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47009-Release-v3-3-7&p=418569#post418569
[CoreRPG+] Images can be sent to background panel or full screen panel.

It doesn't include/overwrites/or otherwise removes the zoom arrows in 3.3.7 (that appear at the top right of image windows in 3.3.7), making it impossible to use that great new feature.

Rino
December 20th, 2018, 12:54
AK 2.0 has entered questionable doubt territory in terms of it being released due to a license change in respect to the rulesets AK is based on.

More information here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44941-Diffs-for-New-versions-of-CoreRPG-5E/page3

Your extension is SO GOOD, and I hope you will release an update for it.

pablomaz
December 22nd, 2018, 12:02
I also have the sweet druid handling extension and didn't realize this was what was destroying Kombat extension. I'm going to have to stop using it so I can get advanced Kombat back. FG isn't worth going back to vanilla without that extension!

AK is so, so good... I can't ditch it for Essentials - which is great, but, well, it's not literally Essential...

DGM
December 22nd, 2018, 20:48

More information here:

Sad to learn about that, hope that the situation changes.

Many of the features of AK 1 should be built into the core of fantasy grounds, perhaps with unity in 2025.

Three of Swords
December 23rd, 2018, 00:23
Many of the features of AK 1 should be built into the core of fantasy grounds, perhaps with unity in 2025.

Oh so you mean the upcoming version of FG? ;)

I kid, Lord Entrails! I kid!

JLBatman
December 23rd, 2018, 02:27
Several of the features of Advanced Kombat should have been in the system aaaagggess ago. The fact that it is a mod that someone did on their own time shows that there is no real reason why it wasn't, other than it would take a little more development to implement, but darn it, it would be worth it.

Not trying to sound nit picky or whatnot. I have, however, spent at least 700 bucks in DnD stuff in FG and DMsguild since I started less than a year ago, so finding this as an add-on that yet so clearly addresses a major need, I don't think it's possible to over-emphasize how useful it would be for any and all future builds as standard functionality.

Myrdin Potter
December 23rd, 2018, 03:05
Ken L has been an excellent contributor, but he also has strict personal opinions on the importance of open source. I respect his position and decision to pull his code.

He released it under open source, so I imagine someone else could pick up where he left off. Because of the insistence on open source, it is difficult for Smiteworks to incorporate this code into their codebase.

Up earlier in this thread he warned that he was working on 2.0 and was not planning on updating the current code for changes. The recent version added a lot of beneficial changes and require that the current code here be updated. If no one here can do it, then it is unlikely to be updated.

At the bottom of Moon Wizard and many of the mods signatures is a link for requested features. That actually drives a lot of changes that are made. I suggest anyone here that wants the features in this mod to use that link and ask for them.

damned
December 23rd, 2018, 06:07
Several of the features of Advanced Kombat should have been in the system aaaagggess ago. The fact that it is a mod that someone did on their own time shows that there is no real reason why it wasn't, other than it would take a little more development to implement, but darn it, it would be worth it.

Not trying to sound nit picky or whatnot. I have, however, spent at least 700 bucks in DnD stuff in FG and DMsguild since I started less than a year ago, so finding this as an add-on that yet so clearly addresses a major need, I don't think it's possible to over-emphasize how useful it would be for any and all future builds as standard functionality.

Not to nitpick - but the vast majority of 5E and Pathfinder games do not use the AK extension. This is in no way a detraction from the brilliant work in this extension. Almost all extensions are community made. Members of the community make extensions to make the system run the way they want it to run. That does not mean that everyone should run things the way an extension writer likes to run things.

The terms that KenL has released the extension under are very fair and very open but do not allow themselves to be used in the official rulesets.

JLBatman
December 23rd, 2018, 15:43
That's fine and dandy.. But I don't play a single game without the mod now that I've seen it. That means 100% of the games I play use it.
I imagine for most people (like Rob), it's just a matter of not having taken the time to learn it - a lack of experience with this is why the "vast majority" don't use it. I don't think ignorance of the capabilities is proof of anything other than lack of experience with it. It improves the system by addition, and forces you to use no part of it. In the software world, we consider those "Value-add core capabilities".

You don't HAVE to use the layers, or anything else, but having them is an improved product, and giving those options would make for a much better base engine. If people don't take the time to learn it, that's their business.

Besides - this layer use - it WILL be included in Unity, as a way to manage light viewing distances. So every game in the future will have layers, but you can be sure some people (just like now) won't use it. But Unity will be a better engine, because it is capable of more.

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2018, 16:31
That's fine and dandy.. But I don't play a single game without the mod now that I've seen it. That means 100% of the games I play use it.
I imagine for most people (like Rob), it's just a matter of not having taken the time to learn it - a lack of experience with this is why the "vast majority" don't use it. I don't think ignorance of the capabilities is proof of anything other than lack of experience with it. It improves the system by addition, and forces you to use no part of it. In the software world, we consider those "Value-add core capabilities".

You don't HAVE to use the layers, or anything else, but having them is an improved product, and giving those options would make for a much better base engine. If people don't take the time to learn it, that's their business.

Besides - this layer use - it WILL be included in Unity, as a way to manage light viewing distances. So every game in the future will have layers, but you can be sure some people (just like now) won't use it. But Unity will be a better engine, because it is capable of more.

Just about the layers: When I remember correctly then this part was not from Ken, it is just the following extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29 which you can download without the need of Ken's extension, Ken just integrated that into his own extension :) But beware this extension is not fully compatible with 3.3.7 (the enhanced layers only work in the standard image form not in the new ones; and I guess in Ken's extension one had the same problem)

Myrdin Potter
December 23rd, 2018, 16:49
I liked the way the extension looked but I use almost exclusively prepared and bought DLC and the extension doesn’t play well with them.

I don’t use the base layers extension as I don’t need it as well. If you want that, it is available, but I have not run into many situations where I wanted it.

Some people really like that type of functionality and it exists via the layers extension and it will be in tne newer Unity-based upgrade.

The stats are removed now, but you can generally see the popularity of an extension by the number of downloads. Most extensions have under 3 digits of downloads, even if popular.

If there is one extension that I think is really widely used, it would be the sound extension.

Xemit
December 23rd, 2018, 22:38
I've taken AK for a spin and do like some of its features, but not all. Also the incompatibility with DLC modules makes it less appealing since I too almost exclusively use DLC content.

If it were totally fixed to work with the layers and DLC, I might use it, but otherwise won't miss it.

JLBatman
December 24th, 2018, 01:20
Ya, it's true the layers extension was added into this one at some point in the past...
But layers is only one part of that mod, and it happened to be one that fixed bugs in the (at least, then) existing build of FG and something that is really obvious, so I referenced it.
But it's not like that's the only one that is a bug fix, or at least a highly needed component.

Other examples off the top of my head? The status icons in FG have been inadequate as long as computers have had useful resolutions (i.e., the whole time). You don't even know they are there without modding FG, which this extension does. So now people at a glance can see what was supposed to be there from the beginning, but this framework fixed it.

Pingable map locations - should have been in FG since the beginning, too. People without the mod fumble around trying to get maps to center or draw doodles on the maps to draw attention.

Easily visible (visual) pass/fail status affects, those are hard to get rid of once you've used them.

As to the amounts of people using it. Well, no surprise there. I also didn't use this mod because it required going to a different site to get. It also required other steps other mods didn't have. So for months, I didn't try it until i saw one other person actually use it. Then I got over the intimidation and tried it. That's the big limitation here - It's not like most people have actually seen it, and way, way fewer learn it. And if you consider that "the overwhelming majority of players haven't used it" is actually 1/5th of the actual number you might think with this, because your average game has only one GM. And your overwhelming majority of players rely on the same 1 or 2 people to be GM because they pay for it and learned how to do it.

So you have small group that GMs * small number of these that are willing to learn * small number of people that are willing to go somewhere else to get the mod * small number that even know about it = Not many people use it.

None of that, in the least, removes the fact that it brings things to FG that should be there. It's been around long enough that some of these could have been added without much work. (obviously).

The sound mod, though it is cool, is vastly less important to a game than all the functionality AK brings to the table once you realize what it can do. But I do still use the sound extension because I like adding anything that helps paint the picture of the game. The other challenge with this one for the FG developers is they don't want to have to reinvent the wheel and record their own sounds. If they don't do that, then they need to work with a partner, like Syrinscape. I can totally understand the hesitancy with wanting to add that extra layer in, even though it is a great one. In short, I respect the challenge that one adds.
I don't however, consider most of what is in Advanced Kombat to be outside the range of a few weeks of casual development. Half (or more) of the work was already done and famously open sourced, so code monkeys like myself could go in and tinker with what was done.

For the record, I love FG. My review on steam is one of the most regarded ones on the platform with regard to number of helpful checkmarks. I love the system, and I love DnD. For me, FG has MADE DnD possible and it beat out the alternatives. But just because I'm a huge fanboy of the platform, does not mean I don't clearly see the deficiencies where they are. Most I don't even much care about, but some of these are extremely low hanging fruit that really should be in the base system. That was my point from above.

celestian
December 24th, 2018, 01:49
Pingable map locations - should have been in FG since the beginning, too. People without the mod fumble around trying to get maps to center or draw doodles on the maps to draw attention.

I'm wondering why you don't just use the draw a pointer? Click both mice buttons, click and drag? It's even better than a ping (roll20 style) because it stays around till you click both mice again.

Easily visible (visual) pass/fail status affects, those are hard to get rid of once you've used them.

I found having the chat text indicate this is more useful for us. I use colorized text (red/green/etc) for pass/fails. Why did you need them on the tokens/map? The built in functionality of removing on save/half-damage seems to have been working for me so not sure what the purpose would be.

I've not used this extension but I am interested in seeing the effect icons to see the difference. Mostly a DM use thing but the ones used now are to small for me to be of much use.

StoryWeaver
December 24th, 2018, 02:38
I found having the chat text indicate this is more useful for us. I use colorized text (red/green/etc) for pass/fails.

I found this thread from last year by you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39398-FGU-chat-box-text-formatting
Did you find a solution to this, as in creating an extension? If so would happen to have the link for it?

celestian
December 24th, 2018, 02:49
I found this thread from last year by you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39398-FGU-chat-box-text-formatting
Did you find a solution to this, as in creating an extension? If so would happen to have the link for it?

I did find a method to do what I wanted such that the success/fail (save, attack, ability checks) could be colorized on the text. It's not a pretty as I'd like (using html) but for now it's workable. I didn't create an extension for it but it is part of my AD&D Core ruleset.

JLBatman
December 24th, 2018, 04:15
The pointer is clumsy, narrow, really hard to see on some maps, too.

And the ping of a map with this add-on is static if you want it. You shift click and everyone sees a flash and the icon STAYS, it doesn't just poof. You left click anywhere else to get rid of it, or you shift click all over the place to keep bouncing your marker.
So to answer the question - Vastly faster, more visible, more reliable across all maps, and static until you want a single click removal.

This thread keeps illustrating a point to me, however. Not enough people even realize what all this mod does or how it does it. It really is worth getting rid of every other extension, or stop updates, in order to keep. That's how good the thing is, but it doesn't need to be that way.

Just add it in, FG, please.

And the markers for the icons, as someone did ask that - it's also VERY clear and with anyone in the world, it is faster to realize. Sure, I can read the chat block. But I run no less than 6 people in each game. Now add in that a fireball is designed to hit enemies if you are aiming it well. That means often there are at least 8 to 15 targets in range of the thing. Now you can read that, or you can see a checkmark to just show you.

Yes, the auto-calculations still work either way. But, that's not the reason I am using the mod. Several classes by level 5 have an in-response type of ability. You do this AFTER something is hitting you, but before you hand out the damage. This is the handiest, fastest, way to see this and it doesn't require I figure out which of the 15 double-lined rows of text is the right one.

Andraax
December 24th, 2018, 04:20

You can use a circle as well - click with both mouse buttons, hold Ctrl while dragging.

JLBatman
December 24th, 2018, 04:23
Not only is it slower, it's also dependent on map scale (so sometimes you overdo it and have to undo it). I ran a lot of games without the mod before taking the time to learn it.
And then removing it is slower, annoyingly so. And it isn't great for pointing out "These are the 4 places with candlesticks". pop. pop. pop. pop. Less than 2 seconds and you've marked 4 parts on the map in a flashing parade. Circle doesn't do that for you.

It's not that there aren't OTHER options, guys, but this is about making better software. This is easy (as it was done as a mod), and no matter what suggestions people give here, they aren't as good as what the mod is doing. Not even in the same category of convenience.

damned
December 24th, 2018, 04:28
Ultimately SW cannot use this code so there is no point in asking them to.
Moon Wizard created several API hooks to allow Ken L to do this stuff.

You have the last version - load it up to a repository with Ken's license attached and if someone wants to continue its development they can.
Its a community extension and it was built by Ken to do the things he wanted the system to do.
He made the license such that others could fork it and continue it in other directions if they liked some but not all of it or wanted to use it with other extensions.

You can continue to maintain it - or if someone else wants to they can - or you can all collaborate on it.
Or you can seek out Ken and buy him a beer and see if he wants to reconsider - I certainly hope he does.

LordEntrails
December 24th, 2018, 04:45
First, let me make it clear that I don't know enough to take a side on this issue and am very hesitant to state an opinion because it would much too easy for such to be misconstrued. But, I do feel compelled to state a few opinions :)

None of that, in the least, removes the fact that it brings things to FG that should be there. It's been around long enough that some of these could have been added without much work. (obviously).
I don't however, consider most of what is in Advanced Kombat to be outside the range of a few weeks of casual development. Half (or more) of the work was already done and famously open sourced, so code monkeys like myself could go in and tinker with what was done.

Let me say it is not obvious, nor is such a statement probably accurate. Knowing the little bit I do about Ken, and the elapsed time that I know he has worked on making his own extensions to FG for making things the way he wanted them before, this is not something he threw together in a few weeks or in a few dozen hours. It would not surprise me at all for him to have spent 1000 hours or more putting together what he did and if my uninformed self had to guess, I would estimate 500 hours.

That is not trivial, that is not "without much work". 500 hours is 3 months of full-time work.

This thread keeps illustrating a point to me, however. Not enough people even realize what all this mod does or how it does it. It really is worth getting rid of every other extension, or stop updates, in order to keep. That's how good the thing is, but it doesn't need to be that way.

Except SmiteWorks can't really add in the AK code to FG. At least if I understand the license Ken had released things under (which is now withdrawn anyway), if SW were to include any of his code in their product, they would have to release their entire codebase to be open sourced. So then they would no longer have much of a business.

So, they would have to develop the same functions using their own development time and resources and start from "scratch", or near enough to it.

Other thing to consider:
- Putting the AK capabilities in FGC (v 3.x) would delay the release of FGU. Would it really be wise to delay FGU by about 3 months to add in this type of functionality? Especially when adding these types of things would probably be much easier to do in Untiy (and may already be implemented or planned)?
- As you have already noted, putting the AK capabilities into FG breaks many of the other existing community extensions. It would be like saying, "Hey everyone, thanks for what you did, but we think this one set of functions is so important we are going to break everything you did and not give you a choice."

As you can imagine, there's other thoughts too. But, *shrugs* I don't see much value in going into detail. After all, I don't think we want to setup a debate or argument.

In the end, I just find it unfortunate that Ken was uncomfortable enough with the available community licensing for FG code that he felt he had to pull his community contributions from distribution. As you pointed out, he had made extensions that were highly valued by many members of the community and their absence (and him) will be missed.

damned
December 24th, 2018, 05:06
Id also like to echo Lord Entrails statement - we are not on opposed sides.

Everyone commenting here values the extension.
We just have different views on what happens next.

celestian
December 24th, 2018, 07:36

I find it's hyper focused and accurate. Much more so than a map ping. It's also very easy and quick so I'm confused by your response.

You REALLY need to read Ken's license on the extension. If this is to be done, someone not working for Smiteworks will need to update it... or Smiteworks would have to re-write the entire thing to even use it. Or they can spend their time working on FGU and DLC content releases.

You've found a passion with this extension. LUA isn't that difficult to learn with all the tools available today (youtube, stack/lua.org). I'm sure the community would appreciate you updating it.