PDA

View Full Version : New Computer on Old Router

Cailore
June 17th, 2018, 18:06
I just upgraded computers and installed FG on the new machine. I had been running FG for years without a problem.

New machine has Windows 10, I checked to make sure port forwarding on port 1802 was still there (it is), I put an exception in my firewall for fatasygrounds.exe, all the things I did before, but I am getting a failure on the connection test. Is there something else I need to check that I just don't remember? Tried it again with firewall turned off just to make sure that wasn't it and still get a failure.

Zacchaeus
June 17th, 2018, 18:37
Make sure that your network is set to private rather than public. Also make sure you have a rule in your anti-virus (or Windows Defender if you are using that) and finally if you are using Malarebytes turn off the enhanced web thingie, since that is interfering with FG quite a bit.

midas
June 17th, 2018, 22:45
You've confirmed the port forwarding is still in the router, but make sure that it's forwarding to the IP address that the new computer has (as it's unlikely to be the same IP unless you statically assigned it).

Cailore
June 18th, 2018, 17:49
Thanks for the suggestion. I did change that.

Cailore
June 18th, 2018, 17:50
That was it, thank you midas!